Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
darkhound1

Sorry I haven't been around, but I've been busy. Here are my edits for dialogue and descriptions which I've found along with some odd occurences. Hope this helps. I've included some style change suggestions. Use them if you like. I'm interested to know what you think.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
Hi Darkhound,

If everybody on the island has a subdermal implant presumably the special girls (with maybe the exception of Joy) have them too. Why doesn't the doctor provide access to them too? Acquiring the subdermals of the special girls and hacking them would provide some extra game play at almost no development cost.

TheorPhys

May 28, 2018
Hi Darkhound,

If everybody on the island has a subdermal implant presumably the special girls (with maybe the exception of Joy) have them too. Why doesn't the doctor provide access to them too? Acquiring the subdermals of the special girls and hacking them would provide some extra game play at almost no development cost.
Agreed, there must be a way to access special girls stats too.

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
I added some new things to my FAQ.
SPOILERS!
Hi Puppet Master,

I have a question about item 42) How do I get Desire to show me her pussy as the maid?
I am trying to lower Desires lust without cheating. But the scene with Jessica first gets her up to 100 and then lowers her by only 38 points leaving her at 62. I played the scene a number of times but each time with same resutl. So something else is needed to get her below 50.

Reactions: Puppet Master

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Hi Darkhound,

There was one thing that had to be done first. The special girls did not really use the locations. They were always in their rooms, even though they were in the bar or at the gym.
I have started to change that in the version that is under development. Not all special girls are done yet.
After that's done, there can be quests to get access to their subdermal implants as well.
About the development costs. They are a lot higher in time consumption than creating e.g. a bunch of sexting renders. Just because something doesn't need new renders doesn't necessarily mean it's fast or easy to do.

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
There was one thing that had to be done first. The special girls did not really use the locations. They were always in their rooms, even though they were in the bar or at the gym.
I have started to change that in the version that is under development. Not all special girls are done yet.
After that's done, there can be quests to get access to their subdermal implants as well.
About the development costs. They are a lot higher in time consumption than creating e.g. a bunch of sexting renders. Just because something doesn't need new renders doesn't necessarily mean it's fast or easy to do.
Thanks for the reply. As there are some hacks floating around setting the subdermal associated displays for the special girls to enabled I hoped that was all there would be to it. But I already feared those kind of hacks might cause some problems. Or you probably would have made these changes long ago.

Edit: I am well aware of the possible development cost of seemingly simple things. The worst I have seen in my career as a programmer was when I received a small stick-it paper with a single line request that caused three months of development work.

Last edited:

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Thanks for the reply. As there are some hacks floating around setting the subdermal associated displays for the special girls to enabled I hoped that was all there would be to it. But I already feared those kind of hacks might cause some problems. Or you probably would have made these changes long ago.

Edit: I am well aware of the possible development cost of seemingly simple things. The worst I have seen in my career as a programmer was when I received a small stick-it paper with a single line request that caused three months of development work.
It won't beak the game if you cheat the variables in that case. There won't be any problems. Just the location that is displayed will not be correct. It's okay for a hack/cheat, but once I add it as a game feature, I want to do it right.

About the other thing. I wasn't implying that you were ignorant about development times. It's just as you said that sometimes things that look easy on the surface can take a lot of time.
Well in that case it's not "a lot of time" as in days of work. But it's alos not something done in an hour or two.

The game still grows/improves not only in content, but also in the way things are done/coded.
For a very long time, I didn't have a flag/marker for the special characters. In the beginning there was only Joy, so I just had (and still have in some places) a lot of if name == "Joy" or if id == joy.id in the code.
Then Jennifer was added, later Yumiko and now the two new specials. So the "girl class" now has a bool variable indicationg if the girl is a special (or not). This small change led to code changes in I don't rmember how many places and files. It's nothing you can see or feel on the outside, but it will help when new girls are added and is in general a code improvement that will make stuff easier and cleaner for future developments.
This is just one small example. With stuff like that, normaly you'd have to retest the whole game. Somethig I can't do due to resource constraints.

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
It won't beak the game if you cheat the variables in that case. There won't be any problems. Just the location that is displayed will not be correct. It's okay for a hack/cheat, but once I add it as a game feature, I want to do it right.

About the other thing. I wasn't implying that you were ignorant about development times. It's just as you said that sometimes things that look easy on the surface can take a lot of time.
Well in that case it's not "a lot of time" as in days of work. But it's alos not something done in an hour or two.

The game still grows/improves not only in content, but also in the way things are done/coded.
For a very long time, I didn't have a flag/marker for the special characters. In the beginning there was only Joy, so I just had (and still have in some places) a lot of if name == "Joy" or if id == joy.id in the code.
Then Jennifer was added, later Yumiko and now the two new specials. So the "girl class" now has a bool variable indicationg if the girl is a special (or not). This small change led to code changes in I don't rmember how many places and files. It's nothing you can see or feel on the outside, but it will help when new girls are added and is in general a code improvement that will make stuff easier and cleaner for future developments.
This is just one small example. With stuff like that, normaly you'd have to retest the whole game. Somethig I can't do due to resource constraints.
The experience mentioned in my edit above was something like that. The value domain of some database field had overflowed the number of values that could be encoded in the available space. So the space had to be extended by one. But that field was referenced in some 3000 programs and displayed in numerous custemer screens and reports. All of those had to be checked/modified for that one position change. The customer was surprised that his one-line request caused so much work. Your issue is along the same line. The value domain for special girl extended from Joy to Joy+Jennifer to Joy+Jennifer+Yumiko etc.

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
@ [LEFT][COLOR=rgb(187, 191, 196)]zapallbugs[/COLOR][/LEFT]

I know about the Desire lust problem. In order for a girl's lust & endurance to go down, she has to have an orgasm, a TF or BJ only makes the player have an orgasm causing his lust and endurance to go down. Right now there is only the one scene where Desire has sex. I can't think of any other way to lower her lust without cheating.
If [LEFT][B][SIZE=4][FONT=Lato][COLOR=rgb(187, 191, 196)]darkhound1[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/LEFT] were to add the ability to give a girl a purple pill while having a drink with her, it would solve the problem. Otherwise we'll have to wait for a scene where the player can have vaginal sex with Desire.

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
@ [LEFT][COLOR=rgb(187, 191, 196)]zapallbugs[/COLOR][/LEFT]

I know about the Desire lust problem. In order for a girl's lust & endurance to go down, she has to have an orgasm, a TF or BJ only makes the player have an orgasm causing his lust and endurance to go down. Right now there is only the one scene where Desire has sex. I can't think of any other way to lower her lust without cheating.
If [LEFT][B][SIZE=4][FONT=Lato][COLOR=rgb(187, 191, 196)]darkhound1[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/LEFT] were to add the ability to give a girl a purple pill while having a drink with her, it would solve the problem. Otherwise we'll have to wait for a scene where the player can have vaginal sex with Desire.
Thanks for the information. Let's hope that Darkhound thinks something up to do this event without cheating.

Reactions: Puppet Master

Baxonius

Nov 23, 2018
I am on Gameday 144, 1st gameday was very very long ago..i just save game and then get update and go on.
and now new update with twins..cool.
i just see i didn't yet play poker with Joy. event says at 20 gameday. and think oh shit.
any way i can get a poker play with Joy? or i do need to play again from day one? :(

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
I am on Gameday 144, 1st gameday was very very long ago..i just save game and then get update and go on.
and now new update with twins..cool.
i just see i didn't yet play poker with Joy. event says at 20 gameday. and think oh shit.
any way i can get a poker play with Joy? or i do need to play again from day one? :(
Just keep playing, it is a random event that shows up in your texts like Amy asking you to dinner. Some weeks she never asks and others it seems to happen every few days.

Bill_Buttlicker

Jul 13, 2018
The front page says version 0.1.7.2 is available, but when I use one of the download options I still get version 0.1.7.0. Is it only available for patreon members currently?

4.10 star(s) 219 Votes