darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Anyone else come across this issue in 1.7.2? In using the directional keys in the gui to see where the girls are I get an exception error. I can click ignore and return to the game on this however.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am also still experiencing an exception error when I go to the phone and click on the Girls Widget. I cannot get out of this error and must terminate the game.

I went back to v1.5.1 and reloaded all the updates and I still get these two errors. I don't have a MOD installed in the game and I've only used the console to edit on DH's advice for the Widget error.

Has anyone encountered either of these errors? Any corrections in the console that will eliminate these would be appreciated. Thank you for your help. I really enjoy this game and the progression with all the girls. This site has been a great help in getting the most out of the game (though I must admit I gave up on Yumiko's Easter Egg - couldn't flip the quarter that far).
Open the console and type this:
g_phone.show_inactive_chars = True
I think I've written this somewhere already. It's part of the update and if the update to 0.1.7.0 ran through without errors, you should not have this problem.
In any case if you type exactly what I wrote above and don't roll back beyond that point afterwards, it will work. If it doesn't, you did not type it in correctly.
Only because you still might get a crash after you typed it in, it doesn't mean it's the same error. Check the text. Mabye there are more things missing or wrong.

Reactions: Puppet Master

qvb222

May 7, 2017
Votes : Patreon Votes
Question: How is this voting done? Was it a one-time vote? Ongoing?

The problem I seen with this method that it is bound to create a feedback loop. Girls that were popular at one point in time are getting boosts because of the pure amount of content, while lesser girls are hindered by a continuing lack of content.
Actually a textbook example of democracy misunderstood. Difference between voting on who gets content *first* vs who gets content *at all*...

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
Question: How is this voting done? Was it a one-time vote? Ongoing?

The problem I seen with this method that it is bound to create a feedback loop. Girls that were popular at one point in time are getting boosts because of the pure amount of content, while lesser girls are hindered by a continuing lack of content.
Actually a textbook example of democracy misunderstood. Difference between voting on who gets content *first* vs who gets content *at all*...
Sorry but I moved that quoted post to a conversation not the forum, my mistake :)
But to answer your question.

- The votes are recurring events and there are several forms of them : competetive, popularity, content drop. The ones relevant here are the popularity ones. The most important of these are the recurring end of year ones, where all girls participate. You can view them on Patreon.

- Popularity & Content looks like this,
(1) A girls type is everything, it defines how popular she is and how popular she can become
(2) Popularity drives Content, not the reverse.
(3) Within a group, content begins to count more and entrenches the girl relative her peers.
(4) Having gained content first is at best a tertiary predictor (and actually a negative factor once girls with content fight each other, there newer content mostly beats the oldest genertion of content, as Amy discovered the hard way, dropping from #2 to #4).

The girls type rules supreme as that is what makes them popular. Darkhound could add his Yvette/Amy hybird (Darkhound made one, she exists) tomorrow with 100 Renders and she'd place in the top 10. Probably top 8.

So loop is : Girls Type - Popularity - Content - Entrench within group of girls type. When they move is not important, at best tertiary and over time becomes a negative for some

Last edited:

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
However, voters are only highest tier patrons. Also, the way the voting is handled may not be exactly fair as once a girl becomes eliminated, her supporters switch their votes to a girl who has a chance. Also, if we did a poll here as to which girls are the most popular, a different result would be reached.
Darkhound1 has to please the paying fans by giving the top girls new content because that is what brings in the money, but perhaps a slavish devotion to a graph is not the best policy. The Creator has to also follow his muse, and that muse has huge boobs. Still he wants his game to feel complete, and as long as 5 of the girls (Ivy, Brenda, Renee, Lacey & Delizia) have half (or less) of the content of the next tier, and maybe a third of the top tier, the game feels unfinished or even unfair.
Brenda is my least fave, but I always root for her in the polls just because I feel sorry for her.
Currently the Developer is trying to get those 5 girls the basics. Lacey & Delizia will get their Receptionwear & Reception actions, but Ivy & Brenda still need them, and Lacey still needs the Sperm Congestion scenes. I realize that they have to be sneaked in while giving the paying customers what they want, but until these girls get to 30 achievements each, the game won't feel like a true sandbox because why bother keeping those 5 girls on the island.
Another big obstacle to making all the girls feel balanced is that the special girls also need a lot of content. Since the special characters are so far behind, they should have priority after the top tier girls. For instance, we're going to need to be able to play strip poker with Miriam & Mercedes. Also, what about letting the special girls compete in the Best Butt & Wet T-shirt contests. You know if Joy could participate in the contests, the contests could take place the first week on the island.
Anyway, food for thought. Everyone please chime in with their opinions.

sfcpres

Mar 29, 2019
Open the console and type this:
g_phone.show_inactive_chars = True
I think I've written this somewhere already. It's part of the update and if the update to 0.1.7.0 ran through without errors, you should not have this problem.
In any case if you type exactly what I wrote above and don't roll back beyond that point afterwards, it will work. If it doesn't, you did not type it in correctly.
Only because you still might get a crash after you typed it in, it doesn't mean it's the same error. Check the text. Mabye there are more things missing or wrong.
DH - thanks I tried this again but I still get the error. It even gives me an error in the console as item not defined. In the traceback log it references AttributeError: 'cl_pl_phone' object has no attribute 'show_inactive_chars'

As you can image this is very frustrating, as I really enjoy this game especially to the point where you have developed. Is there a way to go into the code to check each line or is it something that is strictly done via the console?

Thank you for your patience
HI Console Error.png

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
Edit to reduce the walls of text we'll end up with :)
Voters, Voting, Vision, When is something done.
Sneaking, Changes, Why keep them and Specials
Ideas to get the best "sandbox" value out of the five
If I may offer a simple observation, an important one.

I am sorry if this sounds like one long "I beg to differ", with some exceptions here and there, but we are in cordial disagreement on much in our observations :) I hope some of it is constructive, if nothing else what would give the 5 the best content & achievements for their budget.

Last edited:

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
To clarify, I think that Darkhound1 should be free to create (as you do). I would go further, though, saying disregard a girl's popularity if he wants to give her more renders and achievements. (Brenda's Hotshots game is a good example)
I like your ideas for how to economically add content for the 5 lowest girls and would like to make a few additions.
Another idea for giving you a reason to keep the low tier girls on the island is to give them a functional benefit.
Another reason to keep girls on the island is because they are part of another girl's quest.
Anyway, thanks for the feedback, and hopefully my ideas will spark some ideas from you and Darkhound1. (Although Darkhound1 has plenty of ideas of his own and only needs the time to carry them out which I can't really help with.)

junior366

Jun 20, 2017
To clarify, I think that Darkhound1 should be free to create (as you do). I would go further, though, saying disregard a girl's popularity if he wants to give her more renders and achievements. (Brenda's Hotshots game is a good example)
I like your ideas for how to economically add content for the 5 lowest girls and would like to make a few additions.
Another idea for giving you a reason to keep the low tier girls on the island is to give them a functional benefit.
Another reason to keep girls on the island is because they are part of another girl's quest.
Anyway, thanks for the feedback, and hopefully my ideas will spark some ideas from you and Darkhound1. (Although Darkhound1 has plenty of ideas of his own and only needs the time to carry them out which I can't really help with.)
Those are a bunch of great ideas, and I'm sure Darkhound1 will note them and try and figure out a way to implement them! Hell, they may even line up with his own ideas!

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
DH - thanks I tried this again but I still get the error. It even gives me an error in the console as item not defined. In the traceback log it references AttributeError: 'cl_pl_phone' object has no attribute 'show_inactive_chars'

As you can image this is very frustrating, as I really enjoy this game especially to the point where you have developed. Is there a way to go into the code to check each line or is it something that is strictly done via the console?

Thank you for your patience
View attachment 361697
Send me the save file and I will have a look.
PS: If this is frustrating for you, imagine how frustrating it must be for me ;)

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Deliza is perfect as is. Joy needs to keep her genetic adjustments to herself. Just my opinion of course, but I wouldn't want to see Lacey's body augmented in any way either. While I don't like waiting for new content for Delizia or Lacey, if waiting keeps them 'as is' I'm fine with it. Just give me another 'Dream' masturbation image in the near future. :p

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
Random thought for darkhound1
Amy is often used as the prototype girl, she got the first tech demo for the sex scene albeit not in game, the first hotshots but the next girls that got them got them better. In the hotshots for Yvette/Jessica/Heather/Aly there are animated scenes and Heather/Yvette got the new tech in their sex scenes.
Maybe next times, give Amy a break and use another girl as prototype :)

Amy is my number one girl, so I'm preaching for my parish.

Bantry, I agree, Lacey has nice boobs and don't need an upgrade, same for Deliza even if I'm not too much into her. Both have rather big boobs for their frame/size, we don't need another Eva.

duckswimming , don't forget the pictures of the girls flashing their breast at the wet t-shirt contest in the "basic stuff for girls". Many don't get them.

Last edited:

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Little known fact, this is Delizia's booty. Nice toned, a little sweaty from her yoga session. At least that is what she told me when she sent me the pic. I'm so lucky that she has a huge crush on me! Hey, it's my fantasy and it can be anything I want it to be.

back-booty8.jpg

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
duckswimming , don't forget the pictures of the girls flashing their breast at the wet t-shirt contest in the "basic stuff for girls". Many don't get them.
That is true, but I have never been able to settle on whether that is intentional or not.
So decided to err on the side of caution :)

For example. The Butt competition does not have an equal amount of stances and renders either and that is an old and done event (think the last of it was done 1 year ago in July).

I seem to recall the wet followed in its footsteps with mixing it up. But as stated in my wall, memory is a bit fuzzy from Ivy breast bumping.

As always I just estimate and guess, my posts should never be taken as otherwise regardless of whether I am for or against an item :)

Last edited:

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
Well, the girls without the flash tits pictures at the wet t-shirt contest even say : oops ask the creator, he forget to make the boobies pic for me .... or something along those lines :)
Anyways, it would enhance the wet t-shirt contest if all the girls ( or the big boobed ones at least ) could all flash their assets.

As a boobs man, I don't really mind the discrepancies regarding the number of stances at the butt contest for there is no flashing involved.

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
Well, the girls without the flash tits pictures at the wet t-shirt contest even say : oops ask the creator, he forget to make the boobies pic for me .... or something along those lines :)
Anyways, it would enhance the wet t-shirt contest if all the girls ( or the big boobed ones at least ) could all flash their assets.
Haha I never noticed that. I'll still blame that one on Ivy breastbumping though :D

Edit : removed the edits, made the post super messy. You are right, 6 of 15 has it. Ivy should have it too, will allow me to increased hallway awareness and reduce collisions :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Bantry

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
Yeah, I have a keen eye when flashing tities is at stake, on the other hand, I just learned that Joy is Jenifer's aunt ( because started from scratch for v0.1.7 and actually read the dialogues, sue me ).

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
Yep and she even pays for Jennifers shopping for bigger bras :) (odd thing to remember, but there it is)

4.10 star(s) 219 Votes