Burt

Ignoring Social Media
Dec 14, 2016
Just for the record, Darkhound usually seems to value constructive comment. In this case he is getting grumpy because of having to answer the same questions over and over.
Understandable most people do get annoyed when they repeat comment does not change the points I made and I gave direct info on my point screen grabs etc

Also, posted on his profile but I get the irritation if only I had this luxury in my own job :)
As I said no point in the discussion or personality defense
Not a big deal in the game just an extra will not stop me playing it though might stop my patreon support.

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Yeah thanks again my friend I had already done that before he posted it

It does actually remove the options and run the game naively depending on your screen possibilities

The question I had was he says the game has options to run the game in new resolutions in the options it does not

I said previously this would be very impressive but I realize it was just a language miscommunication
I have some understanding of most programming languages and knew that this programming like most grabs the res from your operating system so whilst I may have always been getting a x1440 res it would not have been showing in the options as the menu was not written to reflect that
As I said miscommunication
Sadly I was not criticizing him just asking for a clearer communication but I will leave the discussion as he seemed to be annoyed so I am not sure he wanted constructive comment

Thank you for your help
Why am I annoyed? I am not annyoed, nor did I act annoyed.
The problem is that everyone seems to think he/she knows something and is mixing everything up, stuff that has absolutely nothing to do with one another.
This is what my preferences screen looks like. You see there are the options to use 1920x1080.
screenshot0009.png

I know what I coded and I'm pretty sure it is working for the huge majority, or we would see a lot more complaints, because one thing is for sure in this forum - if something even a tiny little something is not working, there will be complaints.

This is the code that is executed when the game starts:
Python:
init -5 python:
    from time import time
    import datetime
    import os
    if os.name == "nt":
        import ctypes
        g_user32 = ctypes.windll.user32
        g_y_physical_screen = g_user32.GetSystemMetrics(1)
    else:
        g_y_physical_screen = 1200
And this is the code that defines the preferences:
Python:
                    if not renpy.loadable("use_fixed_resolution_720.txt"):
                        vbox:
                            style_prefix "check"
                            label _("Resolution")
                            textbutton _("manual resize") action SetField(persistent, 'resolution', 1000)
                            textbutton _("1280x720") action SetField(persistent, 'resolution', 1280)
                            textbutton _("1600x900") action SetField(persistent, 'resolution', 1600)
                            if g_y_physical_screen >= 1200:
                                textbutton _("1920x1080") action SetField(persistent, 'resolution', 1920)
                            if g_y_physical_screen >= 1600:
                                textbutton _("2560x1440") action SetField(persistent, 'resolution', 2560)
So if you get 1440 when you manually execute the command after the game has been loaded, maybe it starts on your secondary screen which has lower settings?
Please check the variable g_y_physical_screen in the console.
Just type:
g_y_physical_screen
If you also get 1440 then I have no idea why it doesn't work. But probably you get 1080 or lower.
I only use one screen, so I cannot really test this.
If g_y_physical_screen is not 1440, you can try this:
Open the console and type:
g_y_physical_screen = 1440
After that, go to the preferences. You should see the additonal option 1920x1080 now.
If for whatever reason windows returns the resolution from the wrong monitor when the game starts, I'm pretty sure something can be found to work around that. But I wasn't aware of that problem.

EDIT: If you have the problem that higher resolutions are not available, please try the files attached in the zip. Copy them to the "game" folder and replace the two existing files. The logic has been changed, so that every time the preferences are opened, the game will again get the native resolution of your screen (instead of only once when the game is started). Please let me know if this works for you.

Last edited:

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Also, posted on his profile but I get the irritation if only I had this luxury in my own job :)
As I said no point in the discussion or personality defense
Not a big deal in the game just an extra will not stop me playing it though might stop my patreon support.
You posted as a reply to another post on my profile.
So you got confused with my answers...
Second this is not my job at all, I do this in my free time. I have a 40hour job that has nothing to do with the game. I didn't do anything wrong at all, nor did I act annoyed.

This one was for you, as you did not provide any information about your screen resolution, I had no way of knowing.
There are no new resolution option with 0.1.9.1. If you don't get anything larger than 1600x900, it's because your screen is only full HD 1920x1080. In that case a windowed 1920x1080 is not possible. Use full screen if you want to use all of your screen, or use the resolution fix provided and manually maximize the window size (or use the manual size option and do that)
Where is this annoyed?

This one was for the other guy:
You don't need a solution to this message. There is nothing wrong.
This was also not annoyed, just stating a fact btw.

In response to his question:
Please I need help. Solution for this message . " Image sexting/Yvette/Yvette_sexting501.jpg is no longer available in the game and has been removed from your picture wall options " Thank you .

TommyEsclow

Aug 18, 2017
Start the game, open the console and type this:
ctypes.windll.user32.GetSystemMetrics(1)
This will return your native y resolution from windows. On my system it returns 1440.
I do run a 2560x1440 screen and I have the option to use 1920x1080.
Probably if you do that call on your system it will return 1080, but please test it and let me know your return value.
The value that is returned determines what resolution options that are available in the game.
It's a windows dll that is called. I don't have any influence on it in case your monitor or screen resolution is not properly detected by windows.
Thanks. It gave me 1440 but I still don't have any option for 1080. However, there aren't any issues with my screen.

shooter7999

Jul 6, 2017
Well there's a couple ways. Try going into your phone. Select this app.

Frame App.png Frame App.png That will take you directly to the App and let you choose from available pictures. Re-size the frame as you wish and then select which location you want. L, M, R.

Or open your phone again and select the Character App.

Character App.png Character App.png Now pick a girl, any girl and open one of the completed achievements. You should see an icon in the lower right of the picture like this:

Frame icon.PNG Frame icon.PNG Select it and position/re-size the frame around the content you want and then select a location.
Second option worked, thanks mate.

Reactions: partanen

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
I'm confused. Why does everyone want/need to change the resolution? I could see if you need a specific 'Window' size on your screen, but why not just choose 'Fullscreen'? Still not filling the screen? Chances are it is your display adapter's fault not the game. There are enough tutorials out there for various adapters and their drivers to tweak the resolution and screen size. But, hey that's just me.

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
I'm confused. Why does everyone want/need to change the resolution? I could see if you need a specific 'Window' size on your screen, but why not just choose 'Fullscreen'? Still not filling the screen? Chances are it is your display adapter's fault not the game. There are enough tutorials out there for various adapters and their drivers to tweak the resolution and screen size. But, hey that's just me.
On a really big screen, 27", 30" or even bigger, using full screen mode looks horrible. The image resolution of some images is just too small. So using 1920x1080 is a good compromise (at least it is for me).
In any case, I have added the resolution options to be used. They work for me without any problems and for a lot of other people as well. So I'm positive we can get it working for the others as well. But like with all stuff that works on my system, but for whatever reason it doesn't on some others, it will require some try and error before it will work for everyone.

Last edited:

Lonewolf007

Jul 15, 2018
to the dev Will you please add the option for the player to stop the lady's' statues from dropping into the options in the menu becouse some of us player's would like to play the game without worrying about the lady's status dropping . One last question If the lady's are not on the island do there statues drop ?

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
On a really big screen, 27", 30" or even bigger, using full screen mode looks horrible. The image resolution of some images is just too small. So using 1920x1080 is a good compromise (at least it is for me).
In any case, I have added the resolution options to be used. They work for me without any problems and for a lot of other people as well. So I'm positive we can get it working for the others as well. But like with all stuff that works on my system, but for whatever reason it doesn't on some others, it will require some try and error before it will work for everyone.
I can only speak for myself, but I've open and played the game on three different screens of various sizes. 24", 48" and 55" 4k. I always play in Fullscreen mode, but I have any and all games set to play in 1920x1080 resolution also as I have never found any other resolution to offer such a big difference to matter. Then again, I only play the game for the dialogue.... :ROFLMAO:

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
to the dev Will you please add the option for the player to stop the lady's' statues from dropping into the options in the menu becouse some of us player's would like to play the game without worrying about the lady's status dropping . One last question If the lady's are not on the island do there statues drop ?
Just like real life, the girls' attitude (stats) toward the main character drop if you don't pay attention to them. Lust, love, etc.

On the plus side I guess is that if the girl is not on the island her stats don't drop.

Reactions: partanen

Shocker

Jun 2, 2017
Love this game!

"Now that is something you don't have to be told twice."

The only piece of constructive criticism I would offer is to add in a feature that automatically adjusts the girls' outfit for scenes if you've reached the required attributes for that scene and clothing. For instance, If you've already got Eva in her skimpy suit and you relax on the beach for her scene on the pier, it'd be nice if the game allowed to trigger it and simply switched her clothing for the scene. Realistically its makes sense, girls tend to change their clothes a lot.

Last edited:

sks8256

Feb 4, 2019
Yesterday I updated the game to the new version but I am not sure what new content has been added to it.The bugs are fixed which is fine.But Amy's quests are still said to be available in next version and its the same for Miriam and Mercedes.Can somebody please tell if there is specifically any new content added for particular girls?

4.10 star(s) 219 Votes