SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
Running 8 gig memory but..only at 1066 speed. that could be it. Looks like another PC build soon :D
The girls will thank you profusely! Really go over the top and find a used 1080P TV that someone is replacing and giving away and use that as a monitor. I can tell you from experience, that the girls look lovely on a 48" or larger screen. :D
Currently Darkhound is working his way through and upgrading all the images in the game to 1440p, also called QHD (quad high definition).

So the quality on a Big screen TV will be even better.

;)

Reactions: brianiac

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Running 8 gig memory but..only at 1066 speed. that could be it. Looks like another PC build soon :D
I don't think it has anything to do with your memory speed or that you have only 8 GB of memory.
The game doesn't need a lot of main memory. It's more GPU (graphic card) memory that is needed.
It also depends on when you have these short periods of "lags" or whatever you want to call them.
If it happens when you load a lot of images (e.g. before an animation is played), it could be your hard drive (in case the game is not on SSD, but still on a good old HDD).
If the game feels slow when changing from one location to another or when the calculations for the next day are done during the night, then it's probably the single core CPU performance that is the bottle neck.
Unfortunately, Python, as a very high level language that is interpreted, is between 10 to 100 times slower than e.g. C.
And all of Renpy and all my code is in Python.
On top of it, it doesn't support multi processor / parallel execution, at least not in any reasonable way inside Renpy.

yankeeInKy

Mar 1, 2020
Evening with Faye

Enjoying our time at the Night Bar. Couldn't help but notice Amy and Alice lurking nearby. Probably plotting BOOB Fight tactics. But, any who. During the evening we talked about our tastes in music, Faye told me her love of Dance music.

When she asked me of my taste I smiled at her mischievously and said. My tastes are a little dark dear. Her reply Ooooo mysterious as she fawned at me. I love that look :love:. I told her I'd send a YouTube link to her phone and see what she thought of my one of my favorite bands.

Faye_nightbar_drink1_night1.jpg

Faye_event_breast_bump4.jpg Faye_event_breast_bump2.jpg

The next morning I met Faye in the hallway for breakfast before her shift at the clinic and noticed her listening to the last part of the video I sent her. Her response. Love that scared me.

The video in question LOL

Last edited:

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
I agree with Darkhound, Graphics card is the thing to upgrade for performance and image quality.
When I fitted my Nvidia Geforce GTX 970 o_O much better performance and quality from Renpy and Unity games ;)

Reactions: Bantry

norb82

Sep 19, 2018
I don't think it has anything to do with your memory speed or that you have only 8 GB of memory.
The game doesn't need a lot of main memory. It's more GPU (graphic card) memory that is needed.
It also depends on when you have these short periods of "lags" or whatever you want to call them.
If it happens when you load a lot of images (e.g. before an animation is played), it could be your hard drive (in case the game is not on SSD, but still on a good old HDD).
If the game feels slow when changing from one location to another or when the calculations for the next day are done during the night, then it's probably the single core CPU performance that is the bottle neck.
Unfortunately, Python, as a very high level language that is interpreted, is between 10 to 100 times slower than e.g. C.
On top of it, it doesn't support multi processor / parallel execution, at least not in any reasonable way inside Renpy.
Runs great even on my older laptop which doesnt have GPU, only integrated Intel HD4000.

Reactions: SiJa

yankeeInKy

Mar 1, 2020
Ooooo a response from the creator LOL. I run a Q9650 Quad(all cores open) with a GTX1050 TI 4gig DDR5 but not at it's full capacity being my motherboard is not a PCI 3.0. Only weird hiccup is when using the phone to look up scenes I need. just a slight pause. No biggie. I'll leave it as is. Thanks Dark :)

Reactions: SiJa and Bantry

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
Ooooo a response from the creator LOL. I run a Q9650 Quad(all cores open) with a GTX1050 TI 4gig DDR5 but not at it's full capacity being my motherboard is not a PCI 3.0. Only weird hiccup is when using the phone to look up scenes I need. just a slight pause. No biggie. I'll leave it as is. Thanks Dark :)
Now you have stated the slight pause problem...
Yes I get the same when loading the phone, for the first few seconds can not use scroll or pick a image to see the text/stats etc..

I will guess to say that its something to do with lots of high res images being size reduced to make the phone gallery so needing alot of graphic and processing power.

:unsure:

Last edited:
Reactions: darkhound1

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Now you have stated the slight pause problem...
Yes I get the same when loading the phone, for the first few seconds can not use scroll or pick a image to see the text/stats etc..

I will guess to say that its something to do with lots of high res images being size reduced to make the phone gallery so needing alot of graphic and processing power.

:unsure:
I thought that too, that's why I took the time and changed it experimentally for Amy (events only). Low res super small additional images are used now. It's a little better, but nowhere in the area I had hoped that it would be. That's why I put it on hold for the moment.
You can try it for yourself. Open Amy on the phone and switch between events and scenes or events and appointments.
It's definitely faster, but still kind of slow.

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
I thought that too, that's why I took the time and changed it experimentally for Amy (events only). Low res super small additional images are used now. It's a little better, but nowhere in the area I had hoped that it would be. That's why I put it on hold for the moment.
You can try it for yourself. Open Amy on the phone and switch between events and scenes or events and appointments.
It's definitely faster, but still kind of slow.
Yes I see only a slight improvement.
If I transfer from Amy's events to appointments I get the longest pause out of the options. :unsure:

Last edited:

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
Ooooh so now your gonna knit pick because your women Amy who has the most content slows you down. Geees :ROFLMAO:
One thing you can never say about Amy is that she slows you down. ;)
Being a fitness coach she is always active.

Speaking of which here she is at my door...

Amy_at_the_door.png
We are off to share some popcorn and watch a movie on the Big Outdoor Screen the Architect has fitted next to the Beach Bar.

Don't let me keep you yankeeInKy from corrupting Faye with your German Black Metal.:devilish:
It was for the best you kicking Alice to the curb for Faye as Alice would have dropped you like a lead balloon after finding out you like that kind of music :ROFLMAO:

Best not keep her waiting...catch you later :)

yankeeInKy

Mar 1, 2020
LOL!!! Oh were easing her into the dark sloowly. We'll try Doom metal soon. She'll love Clouds Taste Satanic :sneaky:

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Version 0.2.2 beta - development news (updated 02. August 2020)

Hi guys and gals, this post offers you a collection of news about the next full version of Holiday Island (0.2.2 beta) and the smaller updates towards it.​
There will be smaller, more frequent content updates, called content addons. They will include bug fixes and new content as well.
The change log below is based on the beta 0.2.1.0 release.​
The next release is 0.2.2.0 beta which will be a full update for Windows, Linux and Mac.
It will include a lot of new features and some bug fixes as well.
As of right now, the update from 0.2.1.0 to 0.2.2.0 has:
557 additional renders, videos or sound files
updated renders (Yvette arrival, Jennifer workout instructions, Renée poker, Faye pool posing, contests)

New features and content
  • A new location, the underground lab and infirmary will be introduced with two new special characters --> will be postponed to 0.2.3
  • A new scene when the MC jogs at the beach and hurts himself will be added. It's a scene with Miriam that leads to the discovery of the underground lab --> will be postponed to 0.2.3
  • Faye gets an appointment in the new player room, which you'll be able to get when she wins the redesigned butt contest --> still working on it
  • Joy gets an extended scene in her office after her personal assistant was ill again and not on her flight --> still working on it
  • Jennifer gets a reward appointment in the night bar after opening hours --> will be part of 0.2.2.0
  • Jennifer gets a new quest for Alice's and Jessica's photo shooting scenes --> will be part of 0.2.2.0
  • Jessica gets a photo shooting / posing scene in denims at the photo studio --> will be part of 0.2.2.0
  • Alice gets a photo shooting / posing scene in denims at the photo studio --> will be part of 0.2.2.0
  • The doctor's office will get new renders, starting with the main location and simple sperm congestion image and Faye's scene --> will be part of 0.2.2.0
  • Faye's pool sun lotion scene gets two happy endings for the MC --> will be part of 0.2.2.0
  • Desire gets a pool posing scene --> will be part of 0.2.2.0
  • Desire gets a newly designed and very much improved pool sunbed scene --> will be part of 0.2.2.0
  • Renée gets a poker reward scene that involves some hand and mouth action --> will be part of 0.2.2.0
  • Faye's pool posing scene will be redone with new renders in webp format. It will also be available for her skimpy swimsuit --> will be part of 0.2.2.0
  • Faye gets the pool sun lotion scene --> will be part of 0.2.2.0
  • Renée gets improved poker images, several undressing images and much improved interaction and dialogue --> will be part of 0.2.2.0
  • The butt contest will be completely reworked with new images and more interaction --> will be part of 0.2.2.0
  • Faye gets a pool distraction event --> will be part of 0.2.2.0
Minor improvements and changes
  • The main game screen gets a "credits" section to show my appreciation --> will be part of 0.2.2.0
  • Ivy gets an achievements for cheating at the butt contest --> will be part of 0.2.2.0
  • Brenda, Aly, Renée and Ivy get new high res images for the butt contest --> will be part of 0.2.2.0
  • Some pool scene achievements have been changed from single to multi image --> will be part of 0.2.2.0
  • As promised earlier, Amy's third massage appointment has been made repeatable. When you check on her in her room, you'll be able to make an appointment --> will be part of 0.2.2.0
  • Amy can invite you to dinner now if you let her win the butt or wet-t contest --> will be part of 0.2.2.0
  • Amy and Mercedes get achievements for cheating at the butt contest --> will be part of 0.2.2.0
  • The butt contest has been added as an achievement for all girls except Joy --> will be part of 0.2.2.0
  • Jennifer's workout instructions images for talking and pecs training will be redone in 2560x1440 webp format --> will be part of 0.2.2.0
  • The spa area will be open until 20:00 now (was 19:00). Also the probability that girls use the sauna has been increased --> will be part of 0.2.2.0
Bug fixes
  • Duplicate dream images and duplicate flash/grope will be fixed as part of the save game updater to 0.2.2 --> will be fixed with 0.2.2.0
  • Brightness adjustment in phone app for player room picture frames did not work for all images --> will be fixed with 0.2.2.0
  • Fixed a bug in the app that allows to restrict dream images. Sometimes the deactivated images were still used --> will be fixed with 0.2.2.0
  • Crash with "IndexError: list index out of range" during weight lifting scene, when Faye has not been on the island yet --> will be fixed with 0.2.2.0
  • Eva's arrival scene repeats over and over again when you walk to your from your room --> will be fixed with 0.2.2.0
  • Jessica's shower event does not end when she catches you spying on her, instead it continues --> will be fixed with 0.2.2.0

Is the update going to break save games?

0.2.1.1 beta --> Save games from 0.0.8 and later can still be used. Earlier saves are no longer supported.
0.2.2.0 beta --> same as for 0.2.1.1​

Estimated release dates:

0.2.2.0 beta --> no idea yet (No speculation from me this time. Whenever I think I might have an idea of how close we are getting to the release, darkhound1 adds another scene/event/appointment, etc.)

ThatGuy_89

Jun 18, 2020
I posted a few weeks back needing help finding one last event for Eva. I've tried going through the Yoga scenes and new arrival. Nothing. Does anyone know what triggers the event ?

shinomond

Nov 21, 2017
Basically, have her on the island and keep loving on her a lot. Its a random text with image that you are missing, and the girls send them out if their stats stay high enough. Although nothing guarantees you will get one. May be a few hours may be weeks to get it. I have been trying for weeks to get the elevator scenes to trigger with no luck so far. Nothing broken, just bad luck with random chance.

Reactions: Bantry

Heather=Life

Aug 3, 2020
Okay guys, I have 2 scenes that I would like to get some help with (since I am not getting them no matter how hard I try).
The first is Eva's second shower scene. I completed the first one, but to get her to play the game, you need to find her in the shower a second time. I have tried everything, but I cannot seem to make it happen.
The second is Heather and Jessica's topless posing scene on the beach. Is there anyone that made this one happen? It says that you need them both on the beach in skimpy bikinis and that Jessica will randomly show up after you ask Heather to pose for you. However, every time Heather poses for me in the ocean it just plays out like it normally would, instead of letting Jessica appear and give me that scene.

Thanks in advance!

yankeeInKy

Mar 1, 2020
Okay guys, I have 2 scenes that I would like to get some help with (since I am not getting them no matter how hard I try).
The first is Eva's second shower scene. I completed the first one, but to get her to play the game, you need to find her in the shower a second time. I have tried everything, but I cannot seem to make it happen.
The second is Heather and Jessica's topless posing scene on the beach. Is there anyone that made this one happen? It says that you need them both on the beach in skimpy bikinis and that Jessica will randomly show up after you ask Heather to pose for you. However, every time Heather poses for me in the ocean it just plays out like it normally would, instead of letting Jessica appear and give me that scene.

Thanks in advance!
For the Heather Jessica scene. Both have be on the beach or Jessica will be there in 30 min, per the Guide. Go download it. It will serve you well.

4.00 star(s) 215 Votes