Not Data

Aug 23, 2020
THINGS I'D LIKE TO SEE (BUT DO NOT EXPECT)

Volume 3 - Meteorology

Unlike that other island where Ginger and Mary Ann are two of the girls, Holiday Island is not an uncharted desert isle. When you think about it, Holiday Island is not a charted desert isle either. Unless Joy had fake palm trees installed on the beach, I'd like to think rainfall is plentiful enough to support plant life in full. I seem to recall the overall view of the island during the intro displayed sufficient vegetation. We have yet to see the main entrance, but I bet there is a nice garden or courtyard there.

But that is not the point of this thesis. Sticking to main activity of interacting with girls in a sandbox game, it stands to reason that there will be days where the pool and beach cannot be used due to heavy rain. I am not aware that the pool has a retractable roof like Miller Park in Milwaukee. The girls would not be able to get a tan. This raises the question of what to do on a rainy day? Using current already created stuff we can:

1) Open night bar in the afternoon? Jennifer would not like that. She cannot be at gym and night bar at same time. Maybe Yumiko can get more hours. Mercedes would have to monitor The Weather Channel to see how to dress that day.

2) Extend hours of the spa? Too much wear and tear on the arms for Renee, Heather and Faye. But the sauna might increase the probability of seeing more girls there.

3) Hang around the room and hope for a visit? Visit girls in their room and tell them we are thinking of them and saying hi? Hope girls leave room open for something naughty? That would get old fast!

Noooo! I am thinking that somewhere near reception there is a lounge where everybody can hang out. Either that or there is one of those convention rooms used for parties. So what are some things we can do in these rooms?

1) Joy could hold meeting giving a State of the Island address or discuss various issues. It would be cool to see all islanders present at this meeting.

2) Karaoke or party games. Truth or Dare? Strip poker with four players? Twister? Hungry Hippos? Trivial Pursuit?

3) Of course, butt and wet T-shirt contests can still be held here.

MC see can also invite girls over for a hot tub party in my new room. Still waiting on that. The water must be filthy by now. But let's save that one for another time.

I'd label this one as "impossible". It's fun to discuss but probably too much work to implement. What do you think are some other good indoor activities on rainy days?

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
I cant go to the pool. It shows this message:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 531, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
File "game/script.rpy", line 1281, in execute
File "game/script.rpy", line 1285, in execute
File "game/gui_screens.rpy", line 2251, in execute
File "game/gui_screens.rpy", line 2253, in execute
File "game/gui_screens.rpy", line 2256, in execute
File "game/gui_screens_new_ui.rpy", line 418, in execute
File "game/gui_screens_new_ui.rpy", line 419, in execute
File "game/gui_screens_new_ui.rpy", line 421, in execute
File "game/gui_screens_new_ui.rpy", line 596, in execute
File "game/gui_screens_new_ui.rpy", line 776, in execute
File "game/gui_screens_new_ui.rpy", line 777, in execute
File "game/gui_screens_new_ui.rpy", line 779, in execute
File "game/gui_screens_new_ui.rpy", line 780, in execute
File "game/gui_screens_new_ui.rpy", line 803, in execute
File "game/gui_screens_new_ui.rpy", line 804, in execute
File "game/gui_screens_new_ui.rpy", line 805, in execute
Exception: Imagebutton does not have a idle image. (auto=u'gui/action_talk_lifeguard_%s.png').

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\DMAC\3D\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\DMAC\3D\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\renpy\main.py", line 578, in main
run(restart)
File "C:\DMAC\3D\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\renpy\main.py", line 143, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "C:\DMAC\3D\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 908, in run_context
context.run()
File "game/script.rpyc", line 331, in script
`� �W�� M���e�h=�\�g
File "game/script.rpyc", line 331, in script
`� �W�� M���e�h=�\�g
File "C:\DMAC\3D\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1949, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "C:\DMAC\3D\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1937, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\DMAC\3D\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 277, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 531, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\DMAC\3D\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2905, in call_screen
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "C:\DMAC\3D\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "C:\DMAC\3D\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "C:\DMAC\3D\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "C:\DMAC\3D\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback, seen)
File "C:\DMAC\3D\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
File "C:\DMAC\3D\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 430, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "C:\DMAC\3D\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in <lambda>
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "C:\DMAC\3D\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 440, in per_interact
self.update()
File "C:\DMAC\3D\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 625, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
File "game/script.rpy", line 1285, in execute
File "game/gui_screens.rpy", line 2253, in execute
File "game/gui_screens.rpy", line 2256, in execute
File "game/gui_screens_new_ui.rpy", line 419, in execute
File "game/gui_screens_new_ui.rpy", line 421, in execute
File "game/gui_screens_new_ui.rpy", line 596, in execute
File "game/gui_screens_new_ui.rpy", line 777, in execute
File "game/gui_screens_new_ui.rpy", line 779, in execute
File "game/gui_screens_new_ui.rpy", line 780, in execute
File "game/gui_screens_new_ui.rpy", line 803, in execute
File "game/gui_screens_new_ui.rpy", line 804, in execute
File "game/gui_screens_new_ui.rpy", line 805, in execute
File "C:\DMAC\3D\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 946, in _imagebutton
idle = choice(idle, idle_image, "idle", required=True)
File "C:\DMAC\3D\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 940, in choice
raise Exception("Imagebutton does not have a %s image. (auto=%r)." % (name, auto))
Exception: Imagebutton does not have a idle image. (auto=u'gui/action_talk_lifeguard_%s.png').

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Holiday Island 0.2.3.2
Thu Oct 22 04:11:23 2020
Two things. First, please use a 'Spoiler' tag so we don't have to wade through a wall of text, It is almost as easy as attaching a file to the end of your post. A traceback.txt file is always a good attachment. To insert something behind a 'spoiler' tag, find the 3 dots at the top of the reply box (yellow circle), click them and then select 'spoiler' (blue arrow) from the drop down menu when it opens. Then just type your post/reply in between the two tags. No need to add a name unless you want to.

Spoiler.jpg
Second thing. We have no idea what kind of system you're playing on. PC, MAC, Tablet, etc. Have you added any mods? Have you 'searched' for an answer within this thread, the developer's Patreon page, the Companion Guide, and so on. Where are you in the game? There is a lot of helpful information, that you have neglected to include.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
screenshot0044.png

Character selection app gets an update (0.3.0 preview)

Hello everyone!

Today I have an update of the character selection app for you.
The app has two different screens now and you can switch between them.
The old app screen available with just the icons for the girls (see second screenshot).
But you already know that one :)

What I want to present today is the new character selection screen, which holds a ton of useful information and functionality.
  • You have the character icon image with the dot that indicates the characters' status
  • You see the name of the character and her location (if you have hacked her implant)
  • Her measurements are also on display (as far as you know them)
  • Her total the achievements are displayed, so you don't have to visit reception any more to get an overview for all the girls
  • Clicking on the appointments/events/scenes will directly open the corresponding app with the selected girl's data - so navigation will be a lot faster and you can directly access the data you need with just one click
  • The last but certainly not the least important feature is the display of daily and weekly interactions. This way you can see at a glance which girls you neglected today (or this week). Clicking on the interactions data will open the app that displays all known character information and interactions data for the girl.
I hope you like the new features.
As always try to stay as safe as possible!

darkhound1

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
For old school people like me writing [ spoiler ]Text[ /spoiler ]
(Without the spaces)

Will also do (same result of course, the menu simply sets those tags in).

Likely missing the images in the games/gui/ folder (See attachment). Probably messed up somewhere or using a broken version, should have heard a quad ton of people with that issue if it was general for all of 2.3.2.

Last edited:

fr34ky

Oct 29, 2017
I just started playing this game and it's already one of my favourites, girls are insanely hot and dialogues are good.

The only downside is that the grind gets hardcore sometimes. Is there any way to make poker easier ?

Reactions: brianiac

Selek

Aug 1, 2019
Today I have an update of the character selection app for you.
Holy cow, that looks fantastic! Right now I'm a little lazy about using the character selection app. I think this new UI will encourage me to use it a LOT more. Seeing the important info at a glance is a huge improvement. Also, it looks like we can scroll through the list of girls instead of having to click a 'next arrow'. And we can hide inactive girls. Everything I'd want in this app! Well done, team.

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
Holy cow, that looks fantastic! Right now I'm a little lazy about using the character selection app. I think this new UI will encourage me to use it a LOT more. Seeing the important info at a glance is a huge improvement. Also, it looks like we can scroll through the list of girls instead of having to click a 'next arrow'. And we can hide inactive girls. Everything I'd want in this app! Well done, team.
The characters app is important and not to be neglected.
It's where you can see what to do and make your room wallpapers from the various scenes etc.
You can already hide inactive characters.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
HI_FF_Logo_Night.jpg

On an Island, Somewhere in the Pacific ...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

(***disclaimer***)

( This is FAN FICTION / FAN EDITED and no way represents any actual images or story from the game )

(Any similarity to any future story-line is coincidental)

Shout out to darkhound1 and SiJa for their artwork of Delizia as Wonder Woman and Zatanna.

junior366

Jun 20, 2017
View attachment 869673

On an Island, Somewhere in the Pacific ...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

(***disclaimer***)

( This is FAN FICTION / FAN EDITED and no way represents any actual images or story from the game )

(Any similarity to any future story-line is coincidental)

Shout out to darkhound1 and SiJa for their artwork of Delizia as Wonder Woman and Zatanna.
Loved the Deliza Wonder Woman shots, damn!

Reactions: Bantry
4.10 star(s) 219 Votes