minicrullers

Jul 4, 2020
Hi everyone, new fan of the game here.

I have a question that I don't think is covered in the game guide--how random is the selection of girls who seem to show up of their own accord on the island, either immediately, or a week or two down the line? For example, I've started the game a couple times while experimenting and noticed that Alice seems to be on the island in the beginning every time, and Delizia seems to show up right away each time, but this is not the case with Desire or Ivy. Do your starting physical preferences not only affect the so-called "initial plane girl," but also everyone else to some extent (barring special characters like Jennifer, Yumiko, etc)?

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Hi everyone, new fan of the game here.

I have a question that I don't think is covered in the game guide--how random is the selection of girls who seem to show up of their own accord on the island, either immediately, or a week or two down the line? For example, I've started the game a couple times while experimenting and noticed that Alice seems to be on the island in the beginning every time, and Delizia seems to show up right away each time, but this is not the case with Desire or Ivy. Do your starting physical preferences not only affect the so-called "initial plane girl," but also everyone else to some extent (barring special characters like Jennifer, Yumiko, etc)?
It's mainly not random.
Your choices and preferences in the intro define who will be on the island in the beginning and also who will join a little later.
Based on your choices, a ranking is created and the game selects the girls based on the ranking.
There are some tweaks to make the game work and to get a better game experience.
Examples: You get at least one doctor and one massage girl. You won't only get girls with little/lower amount of content.

minicrullers

Jul 4, 2020
It's mainly not random.
Your choices and preferences in the intro define who will be on the island in the beginning and also who will join a little later.
Based on your choices, a ranking is created and the game selects the girls based on the ranking.
There are some tweaks to make the game work and to get a better game experience.
Examples: You get at least one doctor and one massage girl. You won't only get girls with little/lower amount of content.
Ah, thanks for the quick reply, darkhound1! That really gives agency to the player to create a "unique" sandbox experience, so I salute that.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Content_preview_0360.jpg

Version 0.3.6 - development news (updated 07. of May 2022)

Hi guys and gals,​
this post offers you a collection of news about the next version of Holiday Island (0.3.6).​
You can see the main focus for the next update in the above image. The third area of the image will be filled later on.​
The change log below is based on the release 0.3.5.0.
The next main release is 0.3.6 which will be a full update for Windows, Linux and Mac. It will include new features and some bug fixes as well.
An incremental update to 0.3.5.1 will be released soon for Windows, Linux and Mac. Also a full update for Android version 0.3.5.1 will be released soon.
As of right now, the update from 0.3.5.0 to 0.3.6.0 has:
211 additional renders, videos or sound files
63 updated renders

New features and content
  • The MC chats some more with Mia, before he says goodbye and Sara takes him back to the surface --> still working on it (renders are mostly done)
  • Sara takes a blood sample from the MC --> still working on it (renders are mostly done)
  • The MC chats with Mia and gets a MRI for his ankle --> still working on it (renders are mostly done)
  • Daniela does a MRI on Mia and the MC meets Mia for the first time --> still working on it (renders are mostly done)
  • Ivy gets an improved breast bump event with new renders --> still working on it (renders are mostly done)
  • Ivy gets a posing scene at the MC's room --> still working on it
  • Sara picks up the MC at his room for a checkup on his ankle --> will be part of 0.3.6.0
  • Aly gets a workout shower scene with a happy ending for the MC --> will be part of 0.3.6.0
  • Aly gets a remade and very much improved workout bench press scene with three achievements --> will be part of 0.3.6.0
  • Deliza gets new sperm congestion problem scenes for both of her nurse outfits --> will be part of 0.3.6.0
  • You will be able to ask Yvette to go to the sauna with you. She will get a short walk to and enter the sauna sequence. --> will be part of 0.3.6.0
Minor improvements and changes
  • Yvette gets new high res character sprites for her swimwear, including emotions --> will be part of 0.3.6.0
Bug fixes
  • Alice breast type still showed unknown after a walk on the beach with her --> will be fixed with 0.3.6.0
Is the update going to break save games?:

0.3.6.0 --> Save games from 0.0.8 and later can still be used. Earlier saves are no longer supported.
Estimated release dates:
0.3.6.0 --> no idea yet

Last edited:

anon2002

Nov 30, 2018
Yup. Someone asked for it and I thought it's a good idea.
Got a wee bug for you darkhound1: Heather can visit your room for sun cream and then go to the pool during the rain. She was also in her dark bikini for the event then changed to her blue bikini for rubbing the cream into her back because that's what I had her wearing at the time.

Reactions: BDMick

BDMick

Nov 26, 2017
Got a wee bug for you darkhound1: Heather can visit your room for sun cream and then go to the pool during the rain. She was also in her dark bikini for the event then changed to her blue bikini for rubbing the cream into her back because that's what I had her wearing at the time.
Yes, that is correct. I reported that one two months ago also: https://f95zone.to/threads/holiday-island-v0-3-5-1-darkhound1.3782/post-7705209
Darkhound reacted to it at the time but it is not in the list of bug fixes Bantry posted yesterday. So what is the status on that one? Or maybe it is not a bug :)

Reactions: anon2002

anon2002

Nov 30, 2018

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Is Amy bugged or something? Her affection and love doesn't go above 35
Read the Companion Guide linked on the first page. It will explain everything, including how to raise her stats. Before you ask, Amy's stats CANNOT be raised by any other means. No mods, no console codes, you have to play the game and complete her quests.

Dragon Sins

Jul 27, 2017
Read the Companion Guide linked on the first page. It will explain everything, including how to raise her stats. Before you ask, Amy's stats CANNOT be raised by any other means. No mods, no console codes, you have to play the game and complete her quests.
Oooooh, I see now, thanks!

Reactions: MarsUltor

Strike-10

Jan 19, 2022
After updating I've noticed the sauna isn't unlocked and I can't get the bet with faye to trigger when having her do pull-ups in the gym in her skimpy bikini. Anyone got any ideas? I set it up as a date twice at the latest time so we'd be alone.
good to see all the responses regarding this (/s)

I’ve experienced this as well.
Faye always max stats…

scheduled an appointment…pull-ups no trigger
caught her (with others) then sent others away … pull-ups no trigger
Im guessing that we have to “catch” that one day of the week where she goes to gym and is by herself naturally … but with her getting duty as dr or massage or whatever … I’ve gone through 3+ weeks without “catching” the right time.

was this borked by an update??

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
good to see all the responses regarding this (/s)

I’ve experienced this as well.
Faye always max stats…

scheduled an appointment…pull-ups no trigger
caught her (with others) then sent others away … pull-ups no trigger
Im guessing that we have to “catch” that one day of the week where she goes to gym and is by herself naturally … but with her getting duty as dr or massage or whatever … I’ve gone through 3+ weeks without “catching” the right time.

was this borked by an update??
An update did not BORK any of the events in the game. For starters, as it says on page 102 of the Companion Guide, you need to have Faye give you access to the shower first and then repeat the pull-ups a couple times, before you'll get her to bet and lose thus getting sauna access. If you haven't tried so already, try visiting the gym from different locations. What I mean is, save your game prior to going to the gym when you know Faye is there. Then visit the gym and follow the steps for the shower/pull ups (whichever part you're trying to get) and see what happens. No luck? Reload your save and go to a different location and save again. Then visit the gym and find Faye and try again. No time needs to pass, but arriving from a different location (like the beach instead of the pool) may be what helps you get the result you seek. Good luck.

Strike-10

Jan 19, 2022
An update did not BORK any of the events in the game. For starters, as it says on page 102 of the Companion Guide, you need to have Faye give you access to the shower first and then repeat the pull-ups a couple times, before you'll get her to bet and lose thus getting sauna access. If you haven't tried so already, try visiting the gym from different locations. What I mean is, save your game prior to going to the gym when you know Faye is there. Then visit the gym and follow the steps for the shower/pull ups (whichever part you're trying to get) and see what happens. No luck? Reload your save and go to a different location and save again. Then visit the gym and find Faye and try again. No time needs to pass, but arriving from a different location (like the beach instead of the pool) may be what helps you get the result you seek. Good luck.
Thanks…
and yes I used the companion guide to attempt to find the magic path to trigger the event … it’s possible I might have an older copy of guide if the fix for this issue was a recent addition to the guide. I have the shower unlocked so first thing you mentioned checked off the list.

I’ve done pull ups with her at least 4 times 3 where it was only her and I were in the gym once Jennifer was “training” so dunno bout that one … the other 3 times it was Faye max stat and no erection but starting the attempt from different locations thing I haven’t tried yet …

this exact type of issue was also preventing Yvette from triggering at reception at midnight … I think it finally worked when coming ONLY from bedroom I’m fuzzy how I finally got it to pop but it feels similar.

darta

Mar 29, 2022
Any idea why i do not have the option to call girls to the island at the reception, only to send them home?

4.10 star(s) 219 Votes