foxi.

Apr 3, 2022
Although I already played the game for a good while and read the guide, there're still some things I don't get,
maybe someone can help me confirm / clarify :
  • since there's no bonus points to endurance training, you can only level it up every 2+ weeks at shortest (since it requires at least 4 pts), which means starting with 50 endurance, it takes 13 weeks to reach 100 ?! (considering you're training whenever needed?)
  • the weekly strength and endurance training points (eg. number of each training) are counted seperately?!
    so training strengh and endurance 3x each / week gives you +3 points each?

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Holiday Island 0.3.8.1 (Android) has been released

To see what's new, please check out the development news posts for 0.3.8.0:

and for 0.4.0 (all with 0.3.8.1 only):

Save games from 0.0.8 alpha and later versions should still be working. Older saves are no longer supported.
!!!!! This is a new full version !!!!!
Please download the full version 0.3.8.1 from these links (they are also on the main page):
Android version (1.5 GB):

OR

This version also includes the latest companion mod, version 1.5.1.
Please note that the Andriod release will no longer be posted with PC/Mac image compression settings. It's simply too big for most phones and mobile devices. So there will only be one version slightly more compressed to better work on mobile devices.

Happy playing!
Darkhound

Krinn

Aug 30, 2018
does anybody still have the bug where the game doesn't start even after aplying the fix ? i deleted everything about the game, both the game file and the save in appdata/roaming/renpy, downloaded a fresh latest version, and still nothing happens.

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
does anybody still have the bug where the game doesn't start even after aplying the fix ? i deleted everything about the game, both the game file and the save in appdata/roaming/renpy, downloaded a fresh latest version, and still nothing happens.
It's not the save file you need to remove, it's the one called Persistent.
If you delete your save, you will lose your progress.

Also, anti-virus can falsely flag it and not let it run, so look at that if you have anti-virus running.

Krinn

Aug 30, 2018
thx for the answer, i have already delete everything so i know i lost my save but i didn't went very far, i'll look into the antivirus through.

Krinn

Aug 30, 2018
well i redownloaded a new version and unzipped it in a new location and it seems it works now. maybe some characters of the previous folder's path were causing the problem (i'm french so there was letters like é in some folders name), i didn't touched the antivirus so i don't think the problem was there. leaving this here in case it helps someone else with the same thing.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
well i redownloaded a new version and unzipped it in a new location and it seems it works now. maybe some characters of the previous folder's path were causing the problem (i'm french so there was letters like é in some folders name), i didn't touched the antivirus so i don't think the problem was there. leaving this here in case it helps someone else with the same thing.
Yes can confirm this in Spanish you have the "Tildes" as well and same problem. when running a programm

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
Yes can confirm this in Spanish you have the "Tildes" as well and same problem. when running a programm
Renpy, despite everything, is still governed by Windows' inability to handle certain characters in file paths.

Try to keep the paths as vanilla as possible and this should no longer occur.

• Haha
Reactions: xapican and Bantry

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
Can you be more specific ? which bottons ? and you have to click outside so the girl can make her move then place your action.
Loading older saves at certain points can produce a situation where the game is not aware it should make some menus active or inactive (due to later changes) this leads to a situation where nothing can be clicked.

The console commands above fixes that (should that be the scenario here)

DrSoong

Donor
Jan 8, 2022
all of my faye images are coming up as a black screen is there a fix for this?
Faye is too sexy for you, so your computer is preventing you from a heart attack? ;)

No, for real, every other picture is working? Took a look at the pics, no special chars that could cause problems only with Faye's pics. Do you have a screenshot of this?

4.10 star(s) 219 Votes