draco35

Feb 23, 2020
Faye is too sexy for you, so your computer is preventing you from a heart attack? ;)

No, for real, every other picture is working? Took a look at the pics, no special chars that could cause problems only with Faye's pics. Do you have a screenshot of this?
i haven't got photos from everyone yet but it seems that from the ones that i do have it is all of the images from these 3 characters at all seem to have black images and in terms of the gamethe only addition i have is the companion mod

• Thinking Face
Reactions: MarsUltor

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
i haven't got photos from everyone yet but it seems that from the ones that i do have it is all of the images from these 3 characters at all seem to have black images and in terms of the gamethe only addition i have is the companion mod
Are you using a compressed version ?

DrSoong

Donor
Jan 8, 2022
no regular version and i have tried deleting the game and redownloading
Download the Universal RenPy Mod, extract and place the RPA-File in the game subdirectory of your game. After starting and loading a old game, you will be able to start the mod by pressing <ALT> + <M>. After the short message about the mod, the mod's main window should look like this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
At the right top, there are some chars (R P O U W), at least the char O should be green, R shouldn't be green but red. The other ones do nothing if enabled or not.
On the left top you will find the search bar, insert images_sexting_4xx (exactly like this, all lowercase as RenPy differentiates between upper and lower chars) and click on the search button. Now it should look somehow like this:
For me, Faye is the first one listed (could be other on your result list), if you found her, you can click on the small arror showing right beside Faye's entry left of list in the column Value (is should say 2 items like in the pic):
Normally, is should show the indices of the pics which will be sent during sexting, Faye can send 2 pictures with the indices 400 and 401 (the numbers will be used in the code to adress the right picture).

Take a look at this first, if the indices are missing, there could be a problem generating the arrays during initialization of the game. If not, we can continue to the next step of troubleshooting.

A small warning: PLEASE, DO NOT CHANGE ANY VALUES HERE USING THE MOD, IT COULD BREAK THE GAME. Use it only for others helping you, if you want to change values, use the mod on the initial post of this game.

Reactions: MarsUltor

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
i haven't got photos from everyone yet but it seems that from the ones that i do have it is all of the images from these 3 characters at all seem to have black images and in terms of the game the only addition i have is the companion mod
Download the Universal RenPy Mod, extract and place the RPA-File in the game subdirectory of your game. After starting and loading a old game, you will be able to start the mod by pressing <ALT> + <M>. After the short message about the mod, the mod's main window should look like this:

At the right top, there are some chars (R P O U W), at least the char O should be green, R shouldn't be green but red. The other ones do nothing if enabled or not.
On the left top you will find the search bar, insert images_sexting_4xx (exactly like this, all lowercase as RenPy differentiates between upper and lower chars) and click on the search button. Now it should look somehow like this:

For me, Faye is the first one listed (could be other on your result list), if you found her, you can click on the small arrow showing right beside Faye's entry left of list in the column Value (is should say 2 items like in the pic):

Normally, is should show the indices of the pics which will be sent during sexting, Faye can send 2 pictures with the indices 400 and 401 (the numbers will be used in the code to address the right picture).

Take a look at this first, if the indices are missing, there could be a problem generating the arrays during initialization of the game. If not, we can continue to the next step of troubleshooting.

A small warning: PLEASE, DO NOT CHANGE ANY VALUES HERE USING THE MOD, IT COULD BREAK THE GAME. Use it only for others helping you, if you want to change values, use the mod on the initial post of this game.
Keep in mind the last BOLD statement. If you are not 100% certain about what you are doing, trying to change or mod any of the game's coding is a disaster waiting to happen. Far better, at least in my opinion, to wait until darkhound1 releases v.0.3.8.1 which will be a bugfix and more than likely address the issue. He has already posted on his Patreon page that the release will be in the next day or two.

DrSoong

Donor
Jan 8, 2022
Keep in mind the last BOLD statement. If you are not 100% certain about what you are doing, trying to change or mod any of the game's coding is a disaster waiting to happen. Far better, at least in my opinion, to wait until darkhound1 releases v.0.3.8.1 which will be a bugfix and more than likely address the issue. He has already posted on his Patreon page that the release will be in the next day or two.
Yep, this is why i wrote the line, but in his case, he has a problem that shouldn't be (i once had a similar problem, there was an initializing failure and some array wasn't created properly). If it's like i assume, he has to start his game again, losing all the progress he made until now in his save. Loading the save, even after a fresh install won't do a reinitialize if some data is missing, so also the 0.3.8.1 won't help.

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Upload a save game with this problem and I will have a look. I need a message I can open to check the black image.

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
I think that the android version got the fixes, but there wasn't anything that necessitated a bug fix immediately since a lot of bugs were fixed before the release. When the next update comes out we'll get the fixes.
I'll send out a thank you to all the Beta testers for their hard work finding stuff that didn't work right. Also, a word of thanks to the Creator who quickly fixed the problems so the update could be released to all of you as quickly as possible.

(Note that while I was a Beta tester, it was the other guys who did the heavy lifting.)

Last edited:

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
I don't know what you did, but it works perfectly normal on my system when I create a new message for Faye.
Open the console and type this:
faye.add_queued_sexting(500,509,1)
After that wait half an hour and a message from Faye should pop up including a working image.

draco35

Feb 23, 2020
I don't know what you did, but it works perfectly normal on my system when I create a new message for Faye.
Open the console and type this:
faye.add_queued_sexting(500,509,1)
After that wait half an hour and a message from Faye should pop up including a working image.
thanks they seem to be working now but the past images are still blank but the new images are coming through ok

DrSoong

Donor
Jan 8, 2022
thanks they seem to be working now but the past images are still blank but the new images are coming through ok
Took a quick look at your savegame yesterday, seems that some pics are expected as JPG (but they are all WEBP), didn't find the source of the error as the pic including the file format is normally checked to exist.

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Took a quick look at your savegame yesterday, seems that some pics are expected as JPG (but they are all WEBP), didn't find the source of the error as the pic including the file format is normally checked to exist.
Can only happen if the message was created with an earlier version of the game where the image was still in jpg format.

DrSoong

Donor
Jan 8, 2022
Can only happen if the message was created with an earlier version of the game where the image was still in jpg format.
I also thought so but as i saw, you made a function to make sure the file exists, no matter of the extension. How i read the code, you only set up the index numbers for the pic and join the link when showing the pic (i didn't found anything where the whole link is stored), so also using a save from an old version shouldn't break like this.

But my best advise is, like i always do when the new version is released, start a new game and enjoy from the beginning (also called the MS Windows solution ;)). This will prevent the run from inconsistencies cause of changes made in the new version.

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
I also thought so but as i saw, you made a function to make sure the file exists, no matter of the extension. How i read the code, you only set up the index numbers for the pic and join the link when showing the pic (i didn't found anything where the whole link is stored), so also using a save from an old version shouldn't break like this.
The full image path including the extension is created when the message is send. So if the message is send with a game version that still had jpg images and you try to open it when the images have been converted to webp, you get a blank image.

Reactions: DrSoong

DrSoong

Donor
Jan 8, 2022
The full image path including the extension is created when the message is send. So if the message is send with a game version that still had jpg images and you try to open it when the images have been converted to webp, you get a blank image.
OK, missed this, thought is is created when opened (Not to myself: never look at code when you are tired). So, like i said already, best way is to start a new one. Thanks for information.

4.10 star(s) 219 Votes