darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Dude, first I already got it before posting this...
The problem remains, if people keep asking there is obviously demand for a better solution. And yes it would be more convenient having that option from the get go and not having to search around here for it. It's actually really really simple man
Dude, you just don't get it. Save games are meaningless in a sandbox game. No matter how often you ask, they won't get any more meaningful. The game is not linear and you can get all the repeatable scenes at almost any time in the game when the girls have the right stats. So a save doesn't give you anything that just cheating the girl's stats wouldn't. In addition it would deprive you from seeing the one time only scenes and events. And now I suggest you stop anonying everyone.
That people keep asking about it again and again doesn't mean that there is "a demand" for it. It just means that people don't think before they write, ignore common sense or are too lazy to read. Or a combination of the three.

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Hi all, I encountered a bug during Yvette's final Hot Shots scene, here's the code (happens shortly after she sits on your lap):

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: DynamicImage u'scenes/[char1.fname]/nightbar/[char1.fname]_nightbar_hs[g_hotshots.player_undress]_heat14a.webp': could not find image. (u'scenes/Yvette/nightbar/Yvette_nightbar_hs4_heat14a.webp')

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\remoremoit\Desktop\HI0160\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 313, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\remoremoit\Desktop\HI0160\renpy\main.py", line 525, in main
run(restart)
File "C:\Users\remoremoit\Desktop\HI0160\renpy\main.py", line 139, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "C:\Users\remoremoit\Desktop\HI0160\renpy\execution.py", line 892, in run_context
context.run()
File "game/script.rpyc", line 1372, in script call
File "game/loc_nightbar.rpyc", line 5184, in script call
��Ƈ삍W[����Q�>��r�C�/��>�~R�}��^���-�O7�Á$�Z��V&3��t�3��d�,��>�z�3�^C�g�CϱE�}|��P]��ً�%��
File "game/loc_nightbar.rpyc", line 5285, in script call
b�n|Uu����S,�Q��0���.u��K���
File "game/loc_nightbar.rpyc", line 6293, in script
mWDu�$��)�}���\�yE�-0I�-0�E&�/ ʅEn��"Q�I]��E�� �Ң�ޓ���ϰY�q��5ʡ]E�Z���_�Yzm0iԨ�>XC�p��=��C�Z�W�������RWkt(Wk�޲0ԷH�_��r���7���
File "game/script.rpyc", line 1372, in script call
File "game/loc_nightbar.rpyc", line 5184, in script call
��Ƈ삍W[����Q�>��r�C�/��>�~R�}��^���-�O7�Á$�Z��V&3��t�3��d�,��>�z�3�^C�g�CϱE�}|��P]��ً�%��
File "game/loc_nightbar.rpyc", line 5285, in script call
b�n|Uu����S,�Q��0���.u��K���
File "game/loc_nightbar.rpyc", line 6293, in script
mWDu�$��)�}���\�yE�-0I�-0�E&�/ ʅEn��"Q�I]��E�� �Ң�ޓ���ϰY�q��5ʡ]E�Z���_�Yzm0iԨ�>XC�p��=��C�Z�W�������RWkt(Wk�޲0ԷH�_��r���7���
File "C:\Users\remoremoit\Desktop\HI0160\renpy\ast.py", line 1260, in execute
show_imspec(self.imspec, atl=getattr(self, "atl", None))
File "C:\Users\remoremoit\Desktop\HI0160\renpy\ast.py", line 1139, in show_imspec
atl=atl)
File "C:\Users\remoremoit\Desktop\HI0160\renpy\exports.py", line 717, in show
sls.add(layer, img, key, zorder, behind, at_list=at_list, name=name, atl=atl, default_transform=default_transform, transient=transient)
File "C:\Users\remoremoit\Desktop\HI0160\renpy\display\core.py", line 1070, in add
thing.set_transform_event("show")
File "C:\Users\remoremoit\Desktop\HI0160\renpy\display\transform.py", line 677, in set_transform_event
self.child.set_transform_event(event)
File "C:\Users\remoremoit\Desktop\HI0160\renpy\display\image.py", line 705, in set_transform_event
self.find_target()
File "C:\Users\remoremoit\Desktop\HI0160\renpy\display\image.py", line 640, in find_target
raise Exception(error)
Exception: DynamicImage u'scenes/[char1.fname]/nightbar/[char1.fname]_nightbar_hs[g_hotshots.player_undress]_heat14a.webp': could not find image. (u'scenes/Yvette/nightbar/Yvette_nightbar_hs4_heat14a.webp')

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491
Holiday Island 0.1.6.0
Wed May 08 05:42:12 2019
if you had bothered to do a search for e.g. "Yvette_nightbar_hs4_heat14a.webp" you would have found that it's a known problem since days...

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Thanks.
Try with this setup it work fine for a couple of minutes but suddenly crash with giving any traceback.
Last thing you could do is try to swith to sofware renderer usig the same method (shift + g).
Unfortunately this is one of the annying problems that is not direclty related to a bug in my game code. It seems that it's a problem on some machines with the latest renpy version. But I can't even be 100% sure about this, it's just an assumption.
There seems to be a memory leak somewhere, but I never had it on my PC.
If you open the task manager and go to the detail page while playing and have a look at the memory consumption of the Holiday Island exe from time to time, it should normaly be around 250 to 350 MB. When it suddenly starts to get higher and higher, you encountered the memory leak. It won't crash right away, but will continue until it reaches maybe 2GB - then it will crash.
I've spend hours trying to reproduce/force it. But on my PC it just doesn't happen.
Could you post you system specs (mainly CPU, RAM, operating system, GPU).

ML005

Oct 2, 2018
Last thing you could do is try to swith to sofware renderer usig the same method (shift + g).
Unfortunately this is one of the annying problems that is not direclty related to a bug in my game code. It seems that it's a problem on some machines with the latest renpy version. But I can't even be 100% sure about this, it's just an assumption.
There seems to be a memory leak somewhere, but I never had it on my PC.
If you open the task manager and go to the detail page while playing and have a look at the memory consumption of the Holiday Island exe from time to time, it should normaly be around 250 to 350 MB. When it suddenly starts to get higher and higher, you encountered the memory leak. It won't crash right away, but will continue until it reaches maybe 2GB - then it will crash.
I've spend hours trying to reproduce/force it. But on my PC it just doesn't happen.
Could you post you system specs (mainly CPU, RAM, operating system, GPU).
Inte(R) Core(TM) i3-2310M CPU @ 2.10Ghz 2.10Ghz
RAM 4.00 GB
Windows 10 Pro ; 64 bit operation system x64 based processor
Intel (R) HD Graphics 3000

Memory Consumption 1.6G (crash)

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Version 0.1.7 beta - development news (updated 07/05/2019)

Hi guys and gals, this post offers you a collection of news about the next full version of Holiday Island (0.1.7 beta) and the smaller updates towards it.
There will be smaller, more frequent content updates, called content addons. They will include bug fixes and new content as well.
The change log below is based on the beta 0.1.6.0 release.
0.1.6.1 beta will need 0.1.6 base files and it will include some content addons and mainly bug fixes.
The next release is 0.1.6.1 beta which will be an incremental update!
It includes bug fixes and some new content.
The update from 0.1.6.0 to 0.1.6.1 has 84 new renders, videos and sound files right now!
(153 render if you count the animation frames as well)

New features and content
  • Heather gets the first part of the Hothots scene --> will be part of 0.1.6.1 (still working on it)
  • Heather gets the Hotshots scene in the night bar --> will be part of 0.1.6.1
  • Heather gets the "visit her in her room" renders --> will be part of 0.1.6.1
  • Heather gets a posing event that gets triggered when you get the hotshots "hot scene" -->will be part of 0.1.6.1
  • Lacey gets the doctor images (hug, kiss, etc.) --> will be part of 0.1.6.1
  • Controls for the posing even have been improved, together with the possibility to use higher resolution images --> will be part of 0.1.6.1
  • Jessica gets the "jump into the pool" renders --> will be part of 0.1.6.1
  • Jessica gets the "visit her in her room" renders --> will be part of 0.1.6.1
Minor improvements and changes
  • Yvette will get two new context related sexting images (in her blue nightwear) --> will be part of 0.1.6.1
  • A new simple animation sequence function will be added. It will support the display of animations with a static background. It will be used for the first time in Heather's hot shots scene --> will be part of 0.1.6.1
Bug fixes
  • In the achievements app when you open a picture on the phone, the zoom button is not working on some machines, but an "empty picture" is displayed when you use the zoom button --> no confirmed fix yet
  • Random crashes with "Out of memory". Probably either a memory leak, or too high settings for caches. Haven't been able to reproduce it --> no fix yet
  • Ambient noises/sound sometimes wasn't stopped when you had an appointment --> will befixed with 0.1.6.1
  • Crash could occur when one of the new animations sequences with the controls is started. camera was not reset to index 0 --> will be fixed with 0.1.6.1
  • When the player get's drunk during hotshots, he isn't drunk after the game --> will be fixedwith 0.1.6.1
  • After Yvette's hotshot "hot scene", player's and Yvette's lust and endurance weren't lowered --> will be fixed with 0.1.6.1
  • Yvette's hotshots "hot scene" when MC is completely undressed: could not find image. (u'scenes/Yvette/nightbar/Yvette_nightbar_hs4_heat14a.webp') --> will be fixed with 0.1.6.1
  • When Yumiko sends you a guess who image: Couldn't find file 'appointments/Amy/Amy_dinner9_face.jpg' crash could occur --> will be fixed with 0.1.6.1
  • If you play HotShots against Aly and she's wearing her special outfit already, the game stats are not reset and the game directly ends --> will be fixed with 0.1.6.1
  • Amy surprise visit in her room achievement had the wrong preview image --> will be fixedwith 0.1.6.1
  • Some achievements where you visited the girl's room where not displayed correctly --> willbe fixed with 0.1.6.1

Is the update going to break save games?:
0.1.6.1 beta --> Save games from 0.0.8 and later can still be used. Earlier saves are no longer supported.

Estimated release dates:

0.1.6.1 beta --> postponed to 08/05/2019 or 09/05/2019 - sorrry guys!

BlueSpirit

May 22, 2018
HELP

I have this error Yvette dinner

While loading <'Image' u'images/appointments/Yvette/dinner/anim/Yvette_dinner_sex_cam2_1.webp'>:
File "game/interactive_sex.rpy", line 226, in <module>
error: Out of memory

Full traceback:
File "C:\HolidayIsland-0.1.6.0B-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 313, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\HolidayIsland-0.1.6.0B-pc\renpy\main.py", line 525, in main
run(restart)
File "C:\HolidayIsland-0.1.6.0B-pc\renpy\main.py", line 139, in run
File "C:\HolidayIsland-0.1.6.0B-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 892, in run_context
context.run()
File "game/script.rpyc", line 906, in script call
��L�Z۬ѤK�&������'.��`���O.�.2��U�'+}Rau�$/�H�E�0�\*��2t9�I}�1H�����$'��ZRv\�:?9���`59��gp����I�`��@뫘�+�EkE�}J�2�{���a��ȴ^�^k�uKhEI�[��w�ǃ�g�� �z#���J�!ۣ
File "game/appointments.rpyc", line 1091, in script call
�ɕg�d���B%3AA�K8����7V���
File "game/appointments.rpyc", line 3384, in script call
f�d��b�H��x�
File "game/interactive_sex.rpyc", line 226, in script
��L�Z۬ѤK�&������'.��`���O.�.2��U�'+}Rau�$/�H�E�0�\*��2t9�I}�1H�����$'��ZRv\�:?9���`59��gp����I�`��@뫘�+�EkE�}J�2�{���a��ȴ^�^k�uKhEI�[��w�ǃ�g�� �z#���J�!ۣ
f�d��b�H��x�
File "C:\HolidayIsland-0.1.6.0B-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 900, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\HolidayIsland-0.1.6.0B-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1930, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "C:\HolidayIsland-0.1.6.0B-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1322, in say
who(what, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\HolidayIsland-0.1.6.0B-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1127, in __call__
self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, **display_args)
File "C:\HolidayIsland-0.1.6.0B-pc\renpy\character.py", line 842, in do_display
**display_args)
File "C:\HolidayIsland-0.1.6.0B-pc\renpy\character.py", line 591, in display_say
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "C:\HolidayIsland-0.1.6.0B-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 289, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "C:\HolidayIsland-0.1.6.0B-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2690, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "C:\HolidayIsland-0.1.6.0B-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3174, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "C:\HolidayIsland-0.1.6.0B-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2086, in draw_screen
renpy.config.screen_height,
File "render.pyx", line 516, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
File "render.pyx", line 244, in renpy.display.render.render
File "C:\HolidayIsland-0.1.6.0B-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
File "render.pyx", line 151, in renpy.display.render.render
File "C:\HolidayIsland-0.1.6.0B-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
File "accelerator.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
File "C:\HolidayIsland-0.1.6.0B-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 500, in render
return wrap_render(self.target, width, height, st, at)
File "C:\HolidayIsland-0.1.6.0B-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 306, in wrap_render
rend = render(child, w, h, st, at)
File "C:\HolidayIsland-0.1.6.0B-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1267, in render
return renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
File "C:\HolidayIsland-0.1.6.0B-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 580, in render
return cache.get(self, render=True)
File "C:\HolidayIsland-0.1.6.0B-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
surf = image.load()
File "C:\HolidayIsland-0.1.6.0B-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 625, in load
surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
File "C:\HolidayIsland-0.1.6.0B-pc\renpy\display\pgrender.py", line 164, in load_image
rv = copy_surface_unscaled(surf)
File "C:\HolidayIsland-0.1.6.0B-pc\renpy\display\pgrender.py", line 129, in copy_surface
rv = surface_unscaled(surf.get_size(), alpha)
File "C:\HolidayIsland-0.1.6.0B-pc\renpy\display\pgrender.py", line 118, in surface
surf = Surface((width + 4, height + 4), 0, sample)
File "src/pygame_sdl2/surface.pyx", line 164, in pygame_sdl2.surface.Surface.__init__

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491
Holiday Island 0.1.6.0
Wed May 08 16:19:52 2019

HELP

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Holiday Island 0.1.6.1 beta has been released

Hi guys and gals,

the first bug fix and content update for 0.1.6.0 beta has been released.
It includes all the fixes and new content from this post:

This is an update for the version 0.1.6.0 beta only.
In case you are new to the game, you need to download one of the main game files version 0.1.6.0 beta (PC or MAC) from the links on my main patreon page:

Save games from 0.0.8 alpha and later versions should still be working. Older saves are no longer supported.
Please download the update to 0.1.6.1 beta from the attached file or one of these links:

OR

To apply the update, please extract all files from the zip archive to the folder where you installed the full game. Overwrite all files when asked.
For Mac users, please navigate the folder structure:

\Contents\Resources\autorun
Inside you find the folder named "game". Copy the content of zip file into the "autorun" folder from above.

Have fun playing,
Darkhound

EDIT: When you get the error: "AttributeError: 'cl_character' object has no attribute 'room_type' " during save game update phase, please download and use the quick fix file "characters.rpyc" attached to this post. Copy it into the "game" folder of Holiday Island and overwrite the existing file.

BlueSpirit

May 22, 2018
Holiday Island 0.1.6.1 beta has been released

Hi guys and gals,

the first bug fix and content update for 0.1.6.0 beta has been released.
It includes all the fixes and new content from this post:

This is an update for the version 0.1.6.0 beta only.
In case you are new to the game, you need to download one of the main game files version 0.1.6.0 beta (PC or MAC) from the links on my main patreon page:

Save games from 0.0.8 alpha and later versions should still be working. Older saves are no longer supported.
Please download the update to 0.1.6.1 beta from the attached file or one of these links:

OR

To apply the update, please extract all files from the zip archive to the folder where you installed the full game. Overwrite all files when asked.
For Mac users, please navigate the folder structure:

\Contents\Resources\autorun
Inside you find the folder named "game". Copy the content of zip file into the "autorun" folder from above.

Have fun playing,
Darkhound
Hello

after the update i the same have this error Yvette dinner

While loading <'Image' u'images/appointments/Yvette/dinner/anim/Yvette_dinner_sex_cam2_1.webp'>:

Full traceback:
renpy.main.main()
run(restart)
File "C:\HolidayIsland-0.1.6.0B-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 892, in run_context
context.run()
f�d��b�H��x�
f�d��b�H��x�
File "C:\HolidayIsland-0.1.6.0B-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1930, in py_exec_bytecode
**display_args)
File "C:\HolidayIsland-0.1.6.0B-pc\renpy\character.py", line 591, in display_say
File "C:\HolidayIsland-0.1.6.0B-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2690, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "C:\HolidayIsland-0.1.6.0B-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3174, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "C:\HolidayIsland-0.1.6.0B-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2086, in draw_screen
File "C:\HolidayIsland-0.1.6.0B-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 306, in wrap_render
File "C:\HolidayIsland-0.1.6.0B-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1267, in render
surf = image.load()
surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
File "C:\HolidayIsland-0.1.6.0B-pc\renpy\display\pgrender.py", line 164, in load_image
File "C:\HolidayIsland-0.1.6.0B-pc\renpy\display\pgrender.py", line 129, in copy_surface
File "C:\HolidayIsland-0.1.6.0B-pc\renpy\display\pgrender.py", line 118, in surface
File "src/pygame_sdl2/surface.pyx", line 164, in pygame_sdl2.surface.Surface.__init__

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491
Holiday Island 0.1.6.0

0OrsO0

Feb 2, 2018
The game is Great! I wish you add a Joy's standard girl routine, maybe just on the weekend as hers day off.

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Hello

after the update i the same have this error Yvette dinner

Full traceback:
renpy.main.main()
run(restart)
context.run()
f�d��b�H��x�
f�d��b�H��x�
**display_args)
surf = image.load()

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491
Holiday Island 0.1.6.0

It has nothing to do with the scene or the update. It's a problem related to your PC and probably renpy. i've explained it several times already. Check some posts above. The game tries to load an image and there is no memory left, so it crashes.

Ascetic

Apr 5, 2018
@darkhound1 I tried doing some research with more generic terms like "Yvette+Hot Shots+bug" and similar combinations, but nothing turned up. I'll be honest, I don't think I would've ever been able to pick such a specific code line from all those in the .txt document, I'm not much of a tech guy...

With that said, I just installed the patch and it worked like a charm, I could complete the scene with the new cool interface and all, so good job on the super fast update, sir!

BlueSpirit

May 22, 2018
It has nothing to do with the scene or the update. It's a problem related to your PC and probably renpy. i've explained it several times already. Check some posts above. The game tries to load an image and there is no memory left, so it crashes.

This is my pc

Sem Título.jpg

If it's from RENPY, what can I do?

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
This is my pc

View attachment 299052

If it's from RENPY, what can I do?
Try changing the renderer as I described some posts before. You can try software only as well. If this doesn't help, you can try to update your graphic driver. If this also doesn't help, there is nothing else I can think of that you can try. Since I have no idea where it is coming from atm and I never had it on my PC, I can't do anything either.
Normaly if you close the game and start it again, load the save game, you shouldn't get the same error directly again.
At least that's how I've heard it is for some others with similar problems.

You have similar PC specs to another user with the same problems. His PC:
Inte(R) Core(TM) i3-2310M CPU @ 2.10Ghz 2.10Ghz
RAM 4.00 GB
Windows 10 Pro ; 64 bit operation system x64 based processor
Intel (R) HD Graphics 3000

Reactions: BlueSpirit
4.10 star(s) 219 Votes