sfcpres

Mar 29, 2019
Something must have gone wrong with your old save game during the update to 0.1.7.
The character attribute 'is_special_character' was added with that version. But it seems it's missing in your game.
Thanks DH - as I have listened and "obeyed" I have all my saves. I was able to go back to v1.7 and update to 2.1. This indeed solved the "special character" issue. The best part is I can relive some of the conquests. And to Bantry that means I can reclaim Deliza !!!!!!!

Thank you again - the updates are really nice and adds so much more depth to the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: darkhound1

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
Ughhhh...... Once again, I definitely get a scene, and it doesn't unlock in the phone.

Just to make sure, the Alice spy-at-the-pool thing is just a single event, right? I don't need to see multiple versions over time? Because that was the first thing I tried for upon downloading the new version, I got it right away, checked the phone right after, and... not unlocked.
Try with Alice in her skimpy swimsuit ( the black one ).
I triggered the scene when she was in her blue outfit and the achievement didn't unlock.

31travis31

Apr 26, 2020
How can i trigger the Alice event on the beach ? The walkthrough that i need to have the binoculars, jog in the afternoon when Alice is there but nothing triggered.

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
How can i trigger the Alice event on the beach ? The walkthrough that i need to have the binoculars, jog in the afternoon when Alice is there but nothing triggered.
Alice in her blue bikini for the jog scene.
You can also jog in the morning.

Last edited:

PhantomStranger

Oct 23, 2017
Hello, sorry if this has already been reported (I looked at the previous ten pages but didn't find any post about this).
I downloaded the new version, started the game and loaded my previous save (0.2.0.0)

The first Amy event ("You fly to the island and meet Amy on the jet") was locked - it was unlocked before since she was my girl of choice.

I started a new game and progressed until after arriving to the island, then reloaded my old save and the achievement now is unlocked again.

Just to let people know what to do if they also "lost" that achievement, I would have hated to miss one.

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
Long ago (1.7.x days I think) I asked a question about lowering a girls love. The answer then was just to not interact with her and then all her stats would go down. But that doesn't seem to happen anymore with current versions. I ask because one of the sunset scenes with Faye needs lowered love. It can of course be cheated, but I hate cheating when there is a natural way to do it. Any thoughts?

DKIceFire

May 9, 2018
Anyone else having struggles getting the Preference menu up? My game keeps crashing when i click it or anything other then start. If i start the game and try to bring it up it freezes as well. Ive tried deleting the game and re downloading it but it still crashes.

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
Anyone else having struggles getting the Preference menu up? My game keeps crashing when i click it or anything other then start. If i start the game and try to bring it up it freezes as well. Ive tried deleting the game and re downloading it but it still crashes.
This has been answered a million times. See the fix description by Bantry here

Reactions: Bantry

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Long ago (1.7.x days I think) I asked a question about lowering a girls love. The answer then was just to not interact with her and then all her stats would go down. But that doesn't seem to happen anymore with current versions. I ask because one of the sunset scenes with Faye needs lowered love. It can of course be cheated, but I hate cheating when there is a natural way to do it. Any thoughts?
I haven't done any changes in that regard (at least not that I remember). If the girls love or affection is > 80, it should still go down at the end of the day if there were 0 interactions during the day.
Once a week, it should be even worse if you haven't interacted with her, she will loose up to (love-20) / 2

Reactions: zapallbugs

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
You're correct in that the typical way to lower a girl's stats like love and/or affection is to just ignore them. That hasn't changed to my knowledge. Have you tried doing or saying things to increase her anger?

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
I haven't done any changes in that regard (at least not that I remember). If the girls love or affection is > 80, it should still go down at the end of the day if there were 0 interactions during the day.
Once a week, it should be even worse if you haven't interacted with her, she will loose up to (love-20) / 2
Darkhound thanks for the answer. It didn't seem to happen. I will play on until after at least 2 sundays and see what happens.

funkygallo

Oct 23, 2017
So, if that level is already under 80, no more fall occurs, is it?

Yorky 69

Apr 17, 2020
can somebody complete and save the whole game , then post it here so i don't have to bother playing LMAO . only kidding but it seems that what some people want hehe.
just 1 from me , i can't seem to get heather to tease at night bar ???? forget that got it next go lol.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: SiJa and LarryK

soultornone

Dec 2, 2018
Guessing by your status of 'Newbie' you haven't played the game too long. Meaning chances are you haven't had the events/scenes with Faye that unlock the sauna. If that is the case, read the Guide and/or Puppet Master's FAQ. Reception will not give you a quest for Heather. All quest from the Wished and Desires come from Joy. Have you had at least 3 prior visit with Joy, where she grants you other abilities, explains Eva and others time at Gen Tech, opened your new room?
Bantry, I have been playing holiday island for 2 years now and I'm still newbie so I wouldn't assume someone hasn't played long just because their status says newbie on F95 zone. I was already playing for several months before I found this site.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Wasn't a criticism, just an erroneous assumption on my part based on your status. Advice still stands. Read the Guide and/or Puppet Master's FAQ, both of which have answers to many of the questions that get asked over and over again. Faster to read, than post a question and hope someone is online with the answer and replies.

Reactions: SiJa
4.10 star(s) 219 Votes