VN Ren'Py Abandoned Holiday Islands [v0.10.2] [Devon Andersson]

3.70 star(s) 6 Votes

f95zoneuser463

Game Developer
Aug 14, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

@majo3007
Yes that's kinda the result of trying to keep savegames compatible between multiple minor version ... and then you end up changing to much and it gets messy. In V9U5 I did expect this to happen and added a workaround code to fix outdated image-paths for old savegames ... guess it failed for some scenarios. I've looked into this already a while ago and found a possible scenario where it would not handle old savegames correct is:
  1. the sympathy quest got moved to the "completed"-tab due to the excessive use of cheats
  2. since the workaround is set to work only for quests in the "sympathy"-tab it would fail to update a "completed" sympathy quest (Note to self: don't move sympathy quests to "completed"-tab, they should always stay in "sympathy")
With a Sympathy quest selected and the workaround failing the questlog will always trigger this exception.

Solution 1:
As a dirty workaround to keep playing with the questlog accessible:
  • use SHIFT + O to open the console
  • manually select another quest by typing: log.qvar = log.quest("Cleaner")
But then you can't click the sympathy quests because the image is still not fixed. Unfortunately fixing the actual broken image-paths with the console is complicated. They are deep inside the questlog-object and the correct commands would be very long and different depending on the progress.

Solution 2:
Use the attached 'script.rpa' file and replace the one inside the 'game'-subfolder. It just removes the code to display the "broken" images in the questlog.

Another alternative is to start a new game. The quest-objects will have the correct image-paths then.

I will not update the V9 branch anymore. I'm currently very busy with the next update. At least all the other workarounds worked fine and leaving the console enabled helped.

edit: *removed outdated file* use V9 Update 6 instead

Reactions: Three

light03

Feb 26, 2018
Not quite right. The main character can have sex with one of the masseuses. There is also a short sex scene in a dream. One of the main girls can give him a blowjob. With other girls, while just teasing, nudity and a little sexual activity without penetration.

Shardoom

Spunkbubble
Donor
May 4, 2017
Not quite right. The main character can have sex with one of the masseuses. There is also a short sex scene in a dream. One of the main girls can give him a blowjob. With other girls, while just teasing, nudity and a little sexual activity without penetration.
Oh, that's... disappointing. Is that how this game is always meant to be or are sexual adventures planned with the other girls too??

light03

Feb 26, 2018
This is a question for the developer, I am an ordinary player. But I am sure that many adventures are planned with all the girls. Another thing is that the game is developing quite slowly. But this is expected - the game has a very weak support on the patreon, despite the fact that its quality is much higher than most games here.

Shardoom

Spunkbubble
Donor
May 4, 2017
This is a question for the developer, I am an ordinary player. But I am sure that many adventures are planned with all the girls. Another thing is that the game is developing quite slowly. But this is expected - the game has a very weak support on the patreon, despite the fact that its quality is much higher than most games here.
Well I'll just continue to watch this game then. I'm in no rush to play or become invested. Plenty of other games around.

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
I really tried to get into this one, but things like the Skill checks and Lust checks are preventing a lot of progress, the Strip Poker is meh at best, and I have absolutely not idea how to answer that text message I got and it keeps beeping at me.

The models are beautiful, but the game is hard to really see any progress in and feels like a lot of grind for not much pay back.

Dora Chueva

Aug 19, 2018
Its been a long time, and its developing well.

Question: how to talk to the Japanese girl with Dragon tatoo?

vicaut

Oct 20, 2017
I really tried to get into this one, but things like the Skill checks and Lust checks are preventing a lot of progress, the Strip Poker is meh at best, and I have absolutely not idea how to answer that text message I got and it keeps beeping at me.

The models are beautiful, but the game is hard to really see any progress in and feels like a lot of grind for not much pay back.
wrong thread, you are talking about Holiday Island, this is Holiday Islands.

newomi

Apr 23, 2017
hey have problem too :/

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'bg cell light5.jpg'>:
  File "game/scripts/locations/home/bedroom/t_bedroom.rpy", line 24, in script call
    call sleep_bedroom (hours=4) from _call_sleep_bedroom
  File "game/scripts/locations/cell/t_cell.rpy", line 386, in script
    pause
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 416, in execute_pause
    renpy.pause()
IOError: Couldn't find file 'bg cell light5.jpg'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/scripts/locations/home/bedroom/t_bedroom.rpy", line 24, in script call
    call sleep_bedroom (hours=4) from _call_sleep_bedroom
  File "game/scripts/locations/cell/t_cell.rpy", line 386, in script
    pause
  File "C:\Users\frank\Downloads\HolidayIslands-Episode1-V9Update5-pc\HolidayIslands-Episode1-V9-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1861, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "C:\Users\frank\Downloads\HolidayIslands-Episode1-V9Update5-pc\HolidayIslands-Episode1-V9-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1849, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\frank\Downloads\HolidayIslands-Episode1-V9Update5-pc\HolidayIslands-Episode1-V9-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 203, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 416, in execute_pause
    renpy.pause()
  File "C:\Users\frank\Downloads\HolidayIslands-Episode1-V9Update5-pc\HolidayIslands-Episode1-V9-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1360, in pause
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='pause', type='pause', roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "C:\Users\frank\Downloads\HolidayIslands-Episode1-V9Update5-pc\HolidayIslands-Episode1-V9-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 289, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\frank\Downloads\HolidayIslands-Episode1-V9Update5-pc\HolidayIslands-Episode1-V9-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2672, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\frank\Downloads\HolidayIslands-Episode1-V9Update5-pc\HolidayIslands-Episode1-V9-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3158, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "C:\Users\frank\Downloads\HolidayIslands-Episode1-V9Update5-pc\HolidayIslands-Episode1-V9-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2075, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "render.pyx", line 487, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "render.pyx", line 235, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "C:\Users\frank\Downloads\HolidayIslands-Episode1-V9Update5-pc\HolidayIslands-Episode1-V9-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "render.pyx", line 147, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "C:\Users\frank\Downloads\HolidayIslands-Episode1-V9Update5-pc\HolidayIslands-Episode1-V9-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
  File "C:\Users\frank\Downloads\HolidayIslands-Episode1-V9Update5-pc\HolidayIslands-Episode1-V9-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 669, in render
    child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\frank\Downloads\HolidayIslands-Episode1-V9Update5-pc\HolidayIslands-Episode1-V9-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 580, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "C:\Users\frank\Downloads\HolidayIslands-Episode1-V9Update5-pc\HolidayIslands-Episode1-V9-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "C:\Users\frank\Downloads\HolidayIslands-Episode1-V9Update5-pc\HolidayIslands-Episode1-V9-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 625, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
  File "C:\Users\frank\Downloads\HolidayIslands-Episode1-V9Update5-pc\HolidayIslands-Episode1-V9-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'bg cell light5.jpg'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.3.1092
Holiday Islands - Episode 1 V9
Sat Jan 26 15:15:49 2019

Reactions: f95zoneuser463

f95zoneuser463

Game Developer
Aug 14, 2017
@newomi
Looked into it, found the problem, fixed it. It affects many animations and is triggered by using the speed-control button in animations.
I will not update the V9 branch anymore.
I've backported all bug related changes from my latest internal version to the V9 branch for one last update 6. Check the or .

Btw subscribe to PewDiePie. I'm doing my part:
screenshot0064.jpg
by Game-BeatX14 used with permission.

User #19006

Apr 29, 2017
Sorry guy´s but a bit a dumb question, Update 6 is meant to install over V9up5 ? or how are the install instructions ? didn´t find it on the last pages
Edit: Ok there is a Readme inside so no problemo ! sorry !! didn´t open the archive

Bonhomie

Aug 20, 2018
"Loading savegames from other versions is not supported"

Again - unbelievable - I think I'll bin this until he finishes Episode 1 - Update 73 (Final)
I have saves to carry across into the 'game' folder, but I guess they won't work?

3.70 star(s) 6 Votes