2.80 star(s) 4 Votes

5mithers

Aug 3, 2019
Guess that explains a similar bug I have. Been progressing Talia and Yumi. I meet Talia on the balcony at night, go and talk to/kiss Yumi, and then immediately get dumped out to the main menu.

*Edit: Weirdly, progressing other story lines and then trying again on the balcony has resulted getting past that particular bug. Very odd. I'm sure it's a nightmare to track down and fix permanently if it is such a hit-or-miss thing to trigger.

*Edit 2: Just hit another loop bug I guess. Been interacting with the cashier and suddenly no longer named Cashier, but Abby in 2 interactions. Then I try to progress Emma's story and pick up the book sequel where I actually learn the cashier's name is Abby, and it crashes to main menu at the end of the interaction. I was really hoping to not have to start from scratch, but I guess I will have to if I want to enjoy without hitting these weird continuity issues/bugs.

*Edit the 3rd: Just tried a from-scratch playthrough. This time when I go to get the spaghetti westerns from the shop, I get dumped to main menu. This is admittedly somewhat of a speed run attempting to get back to where I was in the story. It seems like several shop interaction scenes end with bugs/getting dumped to main menu from my playthrough attempts this morning. If a save game or anything would help you troubleshoot, let me know. This won't deter me from playing the game, just means I have to go through and more carefully pick and choose which story lines I need to advance I guess. :confused:

*Edit the 4th: Since this seems to be a known issue, putting in my 2 cents to request cleaning up the dependencies in the code before adding more content. But I know that's not a popular opinion.

Last edited:

Aegis_Games

Game Developer
Dec 18, 2023
Guess that explains a similar bug I have. Been progressing Talia and Yumi. I meet Talia on the balcony at night, go and talk to/kiss Yumi, and then immediately get dumped out to the main menu.

Weirdly, progressing other story lines and then trying again on the balcony has resulted getting past that particular bug. Very odd. I'm sure it's a nightmare to track down and fix permanently if it is such a hit-or-miss thing to trigger.
Yeah it is a real pain. I have never personally been able to get the issue to trigger so I can only speculate on what's causing it. I hope it's religated to only saves from older builds before the 0.5 changes.

In the mean time unfortunatly the only known fix is reloading as you did.

Reactions: 5mithers

Aegis_Games

Game Developer
Dec 18, 2023
*Edit 2: Just hit another loop bug I guess. Been interacting with the cashier and suddenly no longer named Cashier, but Abby in 2 interactions. Then I try to progress Emma's story and pick up the book sequel where I actually learn the cashier's name is Abby, and it crashes to main menu at the end of the interaction. I was really hoping to not have to start from scratch, but I guess I will have to if I want to enjoy without hitting these weird continuity issues/bugs.
While the restart will hopefully solve the crash to mainmenu, it is possible to use the cashiers name before you learn it anyway, in this case it isn't a bug just a continuity error cause by me not wanting to lock too many quests behind others.

It's something I'll look into changing.

*Edit the 4th: Since this seems to be a known issue, putting in my 2 cents to request cleaning up the dependencies in the code before adding more content. But I know that's not a popular opinion.
This is something I am heavily considering, it won't be 0.7 as I've already finished that one but Probably in 0.8.

Reactions: 5mithers

5mithers

Aug 3, 2019
Aegis_Games : Makes sense. I just poked around a bit in the code base to see if I could catch anything that seemed out of place, specifically in the shop since that triggered the bug even on a clean playthrough. While I have admittedly only been looking for a few minutes.... I got nothin'. lol

*Edit: Actually I can replicate/resolve the bug I'm hitting with winonaquest 3!

TL;DR: Game allows you to progress quests at night, but is unable to jump time when quest is finished.

Explanation: I was going to the shop at night. It progressed the quest, but at the end of the section it reverted to the main menu. I'm guessing because it was trying to progress time, but by default the game can't cycle the time to morning from night without the bed interaction. My previous bugs were also interacting with quest lines at night time. Testing them out, the resolution is indeed not trying to do a quest step at night time, even though it is possible to initiate it during that time period.

Looking at the end of each question section, we see this code:

Code:
    $ winonaquest = "4"

$ current_location = "entrancewayrevers"

jump time    # <-- THIS ONE RIGHT HERE
Hopefully this insight helps in resolving the issue going forward. Basically just need some guard rails on progressing quests at night if they try to jump time/shouldn't be done at night. (Some night specific quests don't have the jump time, reinforcing this theory.)

*Edit: Alternate way would be to modify the jump time function to only jump time to night, and if it is night, just stay night. Not sure which fix would be easier. Arguably, it probably makes more sense to fix it properly, but a quick and dirty solution might just be jank patching jump time to only every try and progress if it isn't night.

Something dirty like this:

Code:
# Timecycle.rpy

label time:
    if time == "m":
        $ time = "a"
        jump showbuttons
    elif time == "a":
        $ time = "e"
        jump showbuttons
    elif time == "e":
        $ time = "n"
        jump showbuttons
Code:
#Dumb janky fix for Timecycle.rpy

label time:
    if time == "m":
        $ time = "a"
        jump showbuttons
    elif time == "a":
        $ time = "e"
        jump showbuttons
    elif time == "e":
        $ time = "n"
        jump showbuttons
    elif time == "n":
        $ time = "n"     
        jump showbuttons
*Edit 2: Tested the above janky fix and it resolves the dump to main menu error. Is it janky? 100%. Does it work? Sure. lol

Last edited:

Aegis_Games

Game Developer
Dec 18, 2023
Aegis_Games : Makes sense. I just poked around a bit in the code base to see if I could catch anything that seemed out of place, specifically in the shop since that triggered the bug even on a clean playthrough. While I have admittedly only been looking for a few minutes.... I got nothin'. lol

*Edit: Actually I can replicate/resolve the bug I'm hitting with winonaquest 3!

TL;DR: Game allows you to progress quests at night, but is unable to jump time when quest is finished.

Explanation: I was going to the shop at night. It progressed the quest, but at the end of the section it reverted to the main menu. I'm guessing because it was trying to progress time, but by default the game can't cycle the time to morning from night without the bed interaction. My previous bugs were also interacting with quest lines at night time. Testing them out, the resolution is indeed not trying to do a quest step at night time, even though it is possible to initiate it during that time period.

Looking at the end of each question section, we see this code:

Code:
    $ winonaquest = "4"

$ current_location = "entrancewayrevers"

jump time    # <-- THIS ONE RIGHT HERE
Hopefully this insight helps in resolving the issue going forward. Basically just need some guard rails on progressing quests at night if they try to jump time/shouldn't be done at night. (Some night specific quests don't have the jump time, reinforcing this theory.)

*Edit: Alternate way would be to modify the jump time function to only jump time to night, and if it is night, just stay night. Not sure which fix would be easier. Arguably, it probably makes more sense to fix it properly, but a quick and dirty solution might just be jank patching jump time to only every try and progress if it isn't night.

Something dirty like this:

Code:
# Timecycle.rpy

label time:
    if time == "m":
        $ time = "a"
        jump showbuttons
    elif time == "a":
        $ time = "e"
        jump showbuttons
    elif time == "e":
        $ time = "n"
        jump showbuttons
Code:
#Dumb janky fix for Timecycle.rpy

label time:
    if time == "m":
        $ time = "a"
        jump showbuttons
    elif time == "a":
        $ time = "e"
        jump showbuttons
    elif time == "e":
        $ time = "n"
        jump showbuttons
    elif time == "n":
        $ time = "n"    
        jump showbuttons
*Edit 2: Tested the above janky fix and it resolves the dump to main menu error. Is it janky? 100%. Does it work? Sure. lol
Thank you, seriously thank you. This is something I would have overlooked so many times, none of the quests are supposed to be done at night. the main floor of the house has night variants specifically to prevent this. I guess I just overlooked it when I introduced the new movement system/new upstairs locations.

I'll put a patch together today to prevent quests from triggering during the night at the store and upstairs. I'll probably also edit the time code as a fall back aswell.

And again thank you.

Aegis_Games

Game Developer
Dec 18, 2023
Patch.

This patch should fix the issue of the game being booted back to the main menu when completing quests at night by preventing the quests from triggering at night as they were never meant to. Thanks to 5mithers for all their hard work getting to the bottom of this issue.

Unzip the file and and drop both folders into the Game folder and overwrite.

5mithers

Aug 3, 2019
One small typo fix for future updates as I go through with the fixed code:

Code:
# script.rpy, line 3599:  Missing brackets around mc to use mc name variable.

# Current:
   "{color=#660000}Winona{/color}" "Hey mc."

# Fixed:
   "{color=#660000}Winona{/color}" "Hey [mc]."
*Edit: And just to confirm: the patch seems to work as expected. I removed my Timecycle.rpy fix, and can confirm that attempting movement to quest locations at night does not trigger the quest advancement. (As it should be!) Nice and extremely quick turnaround on the fix Aegis_Games ! It's always the little things that can screw us up when doing bigger projects like this.

Last edited:

torrents

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
HomeForWaywardTravellers-0.6
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

dpasta11

Oct 27, 2020
If your last save was from before 0.5, then you are likely sufffering from the 'loop bug'. which requires a restart to fix or atleast going back to an earlier save and doing the quests in a different order, though a complete restart is recomended.
Thanks, I'll replay it and see how it goes.

FatYoda

Sep 12, 2017
do the twins have any content together? i dont see a group sex or lesbian tag so i'm guessing not, but i've seen games without tags before...

Edit: also, is it two female twins? or does the mc have a female twin sister? I'd much prefer f/f twins

Aegis_Games

Game Developer
Dec 18, 2023
do the twins have any content together? i dont see a group sex or lesbian tag so i'm guessing not, but i've seen games without tags before...

Edit: also, is it two female twins? or does the mc have a female twin sister? I'd much prefer f/f twins
There is a lesbian tag and If you mean Lillie and Rose they have no content together yet but will do in the future. no one is officially related to each other in the game though.

shribbib

Sep 10, 2020

You'll need the unofficial patch for anyone to be related, but yes it is female twin sisters (and their older sister too).

n3vmt

Feb 24, 2018
bug?
saved at .5 end with the yoga class with all the girls, i start .6 to continue I get a few lines toe end the scene and get dumped back to main menu. any thoughts...

Aegis_Games

Game Developer
Dec 18, 2023
bug?
saved at .5 end with the yoga class with all the girls, i start .6 to continue I get a few lines toe end the scene and get dumped back to main menu. any thoughts...
First make sure you have the 6.1 patch, secondly the group yoga quest was from 0.4 not 0.5 so you may be suffereing from the 'loop bug' that required a new save to fix. you may be able to get around it by reverting to a previous save and doing the quests in a slightly different order but a completely fresh save is recomended.

dpasta11

Oct 27, 2020
I'm having a problem with the quest to read Riazen before bed. There doesn't seem like there's any way to do it. When in my room at night, when I click on the bed, I go to sleep. In the evening, nothing happens. I can't read it in the library, it seems. Do I have to da anything before this can happen?

Aegis_Games

Game Developer
Dec 18, 2023
I'm having a problem with the quest to read Riazen before bed. There doesn't seem like there's any way to do it. When in my room at night, when I click on the bed, I go to sleep. In the evening, nothing happens. I can't read it in the library, it seems. Do I have to da anything before this can happen?
When in the mc's room at night with that quest active, the book is on the nightstand. you need to click on it.

rostabu

Mar 8, 2019
as weird as this may sound, having just found this game I am glad to hear there are bugs instead of this being a .6 and only having a single handjob... so there really is more just have to avoid the bugs

2.80 star(s) 4 Votes