S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
A bunch of kids running through the Castle grounds or attending classes is not that interesting. The time skips are perfet to show how the MC becomes part of the family and how his relationships have evolved through the years.
Now that he's a man he can starts to defend and conquer other lands. A small twink fighting the Gauld would be hilarious.
Talking about war and the MC. I pick axes as my weapon but after the first sex scene I think I'm gonna start the game again and pick battle hammer this time :BootyTime:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
What I don't like so far is how the MC is turning into another Chosen One. I'm talking about his magic affinity scene. It reminds me of Ataegina, another fantasy game in which the MC is a Gary Stu. Being an orphan and raising to be a Royal Guard is perfect, he doesn't have to be the son of some legendary God reborn among mortals.
The chosen one trope cheapens any feat accomplished by your characters.

You're playing Harem games and complaining about MC being a chosen one? That's so stupid. No harem game makes any sense without some degree of "chosen one" influence, fantasy game or not. No way would so many gorgeous women agree to share their boyfriend and become so immediately infatuated with him in real life.

The "chosen one" plot mechanic is popular and common for a reason, it's an easy way to have a story. It's easy to write a good and fun story with it.

And going on Fantasy tropes etc, magical power is nearly universally shown to be partly gentic, meaning the children of powerful bloodlines are going to themselves be powerful.

If you can't stand fantasy genre tropes, I don't think you actually like fantasy. Certainly not High Fantasy

FunFuntomes

Engaged Member
Mar 24, 2021
A bunch of kids running through the Castle grounds or attending classes is not that interesting. The time skips are perfet to show how the MC becomes part of the family and how their relationships have evolved through the years.
Now that he's a man he can start to defend and conquer other lands. A young twink fighting the Gauld would be hilarious.
Talking about war and the MC. I pick axes as my weapon but after the first sex scene I think I'm gonna restart the game and pick battle hammer this time :BootyTime:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
What I don't like so far is how the MC is turning into another Chosen One. I'm talking about his magic affinity scene. It reminds me of Ataegina, another fantasy game in which the MC is a Gary Stu. Being an orphan and raising to be a Royal Guard is perfect, he doesn't have to be the son of some legendary God reborn among mortals.
The chosen one trope cheapens any feat accomplished by your characters.
You're playing Harem games and complaining about MC being a chosen one? That's so stupid. No harem game makes any sense without some degree of "chosen one" influence, fantasy game or not. No way would so many gorgeous women agree to share their boyfriend and become so immediately infatuated with him in real life.

The "chosen one" plot mechanic is popular and common for a reason, it's an easy way to have a story. It's easy to write a good and fun story with it.

And going on Fantasy tropes etc, magical power is nearly universally shown to be partly gentic, meaning the children of powerful bloodlines are going to themselves be powerful.

If you can't stand fantasy genre tropes, I don't think you actually like fantasy. Certainly not High Fantasy
you both make valid points, however, MC is not a gary stu. He still has to work for his powers, has trouble controlling them (it took a bit of flirting from Gloria to disrupt his concenration..that lying vixen... her favorite pies are creampies and she'll get plenty) and is unable to read social cues.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016

Yes, I prefer Gritty Fantasy to High Fantasy but I do enjoy HF like LotR and other works. You don't need to be the Chosen One to have a Harem. Harems are a real life thing many warlords had in the past and even today.
I have no problems with the MC having some magic powers or a ten foot pole between his legs. I have problems with the MC being the best at everything. Not the case in Homelander so far, but I hope this doesn't turn into another Chosen One fest.

Last edited:

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Yes, I prefer Dark Fantasy to High Fantasy but I do enjoy HF like LotR and other works. You don't need to be the Chosen One to have a Harem. Harems are a real life thing many warlords had in the past and even today.
I have no problems with the MC having some magic powers or a ten foot pole between his legs. I have problems with the MC being the best at everything. Not the case in Homelander so far, but I hope this doesn't turn into another Chosen One fest.
You don't have to be a chosen one true, but typically real world harems were kept by the powerful and the women weren't always willing members. If pretty much anyone in this thread tried to have a harem in an honest and safe way they'd fail spectacularly

MC isn't perfect and all powerful and I can't see that happening. I can see him getting much more powerful magically. Which for me is great, I hate being magically weak in fantasy games.

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
you both make valid points, however, MC is not a gary stu. He still has to work for his powers, has trouble controlling them (it took a bit of flirting from Gloria to disrupt his concenration..that lying vixen... her favorite pies are creampies and she'll get plenty) and is unable to read social cues.
Yea, I can see many of the women wrapping us around their fingers sooner or later.

Jabbonk

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2022
I feel like the girl the MC tutored missed the mark here. 1. She's wearing a modern school girl uniform when you meet her and 2. she comes off as the town bicycle, why on Earth would the MC who has permission from his princess girlfriend to basically make a harem want to enter into a relationship with her when he has a castle full of attractive women including the queen after him?
1. Unfortunately, it's sometimes INCREDIBLY difficult to find medieval clothing assets that suit my needs. I'd take the time to make my own if you guys don't mind me taking up several months of dev time just to create clothing assets. Sometimes I just have to make do with what I have.

Besides, this is a different world. There's technically no point of reference for what is old or modern. *shrugs*

2. Honestly, I didn't really see it like that until you pointed it out. Originally, I meant it more in the sense that she was a flirty girl who liked to go on dates, but your logic makes more sense lol. I'll be making some changes to the dialogue to greatly reduce her perceived promiscuity. But yes, you can still avoid Kaela and only go for Gloria, if you prefer.

Jabbonk

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2022
To quell the concerns about the whole "Chosen one" trope, consider this...

If I were to compare Homelander's planned plot to other famous franchises:

-If this was LotR, The hobbits haven't even left the shire yet!
or
-If this was Star Wars, Anikan is still fucking around with pod racers!

MC is still just bumbling around in his tiny little corner of the world. He really hasn't faced any challenges yet. There's still plenty of time for character development.

Allan Trumbull

Forum Fanatic
Sep 10, 2021

or

MC is still just bumbling around in his tiny little corner of the world. He really hasn't faced any challenges yet. There's still plenty of time for character development.
Not lotr. "The witcher"

caspian90

Feb 8, 2020

or

Hey Jabbonk Thank you for your amazing update.
Just quick notes:

1- You set the bar way high. The graphic designs are great. By the time this game finishes I expect this to be minimum 10-20 Gb. I can only wish you the best as living in Iran, I can't subscribe to Patreon however I hope you release your game on steam someday.
2- Regarding story, do whatever you feel like. I don't like people comparing plots with similar other franchises. It's your game you can ask for suggestions but in the end it's yours to build and we here just enjoy the show.
3- Lastly, All I want to ask is that will this game have multiple endings or not?

Thank you again for this amazing update and I wish you the best.

JonTommy

Apr 9, 2021
1. Unfortunately, it's sometimes INCREDIBLY difficult to find medieval clothing assets that suit my needs. I'd take the time to make my own if you guys don't mind me taking up several months of dev time just to create clothing assets. Sometimes I just have to make do with what I have.

Besides, this is a different world. There's technically no point of reference for what is old or modern. *shrugs*

2. Honestly, I didn't really see it like that until you pointed it out. Originally, I meant it more in the sense that she was a flirty girl who liked to go on dates, but your logic makes more sense lol. I'll be making some changes to the dialogue to greatly reduce her perceived promiscuity. But yes, you can still avoid Kaela and only go for Gloria, if you prefer.
I feel you, finding assets is hard it just stood out to me a lot it's not a huge deal just odd. Glad that you will take another look at her scene because she just felt rushed and off putting. The women the MC sleeps with so far he's had YEARS to build relationships and tension with so it makes sense for them to sleep with each other. This girl just opens the door and hops on his cock, talks about definitely not being a virgin, and then cleans herself off with male clothing lying around her room lmao.

I enjoyed everything about the update otherwise. Thanks for responding and good luck. :)

DABOMB00

Apr 27, 2021
I really liked the Update and the game overall even tho i normally dont like it when the MC got such an abnormity for a cock. I get that it has to be big but it could be a bit more normal and still be insanely big. But thats more of a side note. As i played through the first two chapters again i stumbled across the scene where you can ask Abi about all the Races and have a look at the map. I was wondering if you plan on making something like a codex so you can look those informations up at later stages in the game. I think espacially if the game progresses so you get to meet those other races it would be nice to look them up again or have a look at the map if you finally leave Homeland.

4.50 star(s) 76 Votes