kokoro21

Jan 19, 2020
Just downloaded this game, and after about 10 mins I feel like uninstalling, the overall look of the game is very dull like the colors arent appealing at all, even though the characters have better model but the rendering feels weird, I much prefer if they went with PlayHome route

Reactions: karlheinz1508

log4242

Jan 2, 2018
I put together a quick tutorial for simple animation in studio using the feature I discovered today. I haven't seen many animated scenes, so I'm wondering how widely known it is.

This is useful for animating specific body parts after you've posed the character as you wish using the FK/IK nodes.

jimboboi

Jan 7, 2020
Not sure if this was discussed in this lengthy thread, but is there a mod in this version of Honey Select that lets us MOVE the characters in H-scenes /w X, Y, Z movements - much like in the first game with some plugins. picture attachment is what im referring to, just wondering if there's one like that that hopefully I didn't miss

ReesesPieces

Feb 27, 2020
I'd love to see a way to customize the voice lines. Like, just the subtitles. I don't speak or read an ounce of japanese so you could literally throw anything into the subtitles and it wouldn't make a difference to me. A major part of playing this for me is the personalities I come up with for each character; quiet church-mouse, alt-girl rocker, cheating spouse, etc., so aligning subtitles to those personalities would be fantastic for the fantasy.
You should be able to do this. Maybe try looking in:
BepInEx\Translation\en\Text\_AutoGeneratedTranslations.txt

You should be able to change the translated text yourself and then save the file again.

Reactions: Bentshaft

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
alex2011, dyingbreed86, MrWrongtubes, Bentshaft
Thanks for the feedback.

The scene is Tiny House 6... something can't read the full name, since it's blocked out.

I know, the render used is like one extreme to the next. Too much light and lack of proper shadows (DHH) or too much shadows causing the scene to be too dark, due to lack of light. I limited SEGI to just scene lights, so the examples are at default comparisons.

Now what if proper lights were used instead?

Well... you get this.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

SEGI, or Screen Enhance Global Illumination, (I'm actually making up what the E stands for) --is a voxel-based GI Render. According to the source, it "provides indirect lighting and glossy reflections from a single directional light, the sky, and any emissive materials in the scene. In the future, SEGI will support indirect lighting from point and spot lights. SEGI calculates indirect light visibility for soft indirect shadows, and also calculates soft sky light shadows. It can render either a single bounce or infinite bounces of indirect light." --

In short, it's Real-time Dynamic Light Bounce Rendering, also known as an alternative to Raytracing, with some limitations. While it's a poor-man's version, it still able to provide amazing results.

SEGI render mode is actually from within the Graphics Mod setting. It's the experimental option. You don't need a Geforce RTX card to take advantage of this, too. Now that you know what it is, I hope you all make use of it, so you can better show off your characters and scene creations in even higher quality than you knew possible.

p.s. Queen Boo is my mascot. :D
Much better

I'd love to see a way to customize the voice lines. Like, just the subtitles. I don't speak or read an ounce of japanese so you could literally throw anything into the subtitles and it wouldn't make a difference to me. A major part of playing this for me is the personalities I come up with for each character; quiet church-mouse, alt-girl rocker, cheating spouse, etc., so aligning subtitles to those personalities would be fantastic for the fantasy.
If you want to alter the subtitles, get in contact with the people behind the mod for it. I'm not sure they'll let you put in anything you want unless what you add is accurate, though. Keep in mind that these alterations are being fed to us from a server, so a change is seen by everyone, not just the person who changes it.

Hi everyone just wondering where do you install the sideloader mod pack is it mods or somewhere else? (might be obvious I'm easily confused :LOL:)
thanks
Nova
mods

Just downloaded this game, and after about 10 mins I feel like uninstalling, the overall look of the game is very dull like the colors arent appealing at all, even though the characters have better model but the rendering feels weird, I much prefer if they went with PlayHome route
They essentially did, Illusion games come in two art styles typically, anime 3D and more realistic 3D. Games like Play Home, AI Shoujo, and Honey Select 2 are done in the more realistic 3D style while games like Koikatsu are done in the anime 3D style. This one also has the distinction of using the exact same variation of the more realistic 3D style as AI Shoujo because they share the exact same engine and even their assets to allow transfer of characters.

You should be able to do this. Maybe try looking in:
BepInEx\Translation\en\Text\_AutoGeneratedTranslations.txt

You should be able to change the translated text yourself and then save the file again.
That is for the main dialogue for before and after H scenes as well as when just talking, not for the H subtitles. The H subtitles are done from scratch as there are no hidden lines to pull from like in Koikatsu, at least if this game is like its predecessor in terms of hidden material.

Last edited:

namprofli3

Dec 25, 2019
It's not muted in the volume mixer.

The volume settings in game are all turned up.
If it's not muted in the volume mixer, then that's a mystery i can't solve because that's the only thing that comes to mind if in-game volume is not the cause. :/

Least i can say is to either try every key on the keyboard or retrace the steps prior to the issue.

Bentshaft

Jul 1, 2020
They essentially did, Illusion games come in two art styles typically, anime 3D and more realistic 3D. Games like Play Home, AI Shoujo, and Honey Select 2 are done in the more realistic 3D style while games like Koikatsu are done in the anime 3D style.
But at the same time, I'm fairly confident that you could be shown unframed, background-less mugshots of different girls and be able to separate Playhome versus AIS/HS2 with considerable accuracy. Do you not agree?

I've never played Playhome myself, it is just something I've noticed with untagged cards on Booru and while failing horribly trying to recreate PH girls' faces in HS2. I don't have an overall preference for either, but I have said to myself "dude don't even bother, look at her, she's playhome!"

Wonder if people remember this line :p
View attachment 722136
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
:LOL: This is specifically what I had in mind when I said I generally prefer 'fewer shadows' yesterday! My first thought with the SEGI pics was that it would have potentially ruined a scene like this or made it harder to recreate.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
But at the same time, I'm fairly confident that you could be shown unframed, background-less mugshots of different girls and be able to separate Playhome versus AIS/HS2 with considerable accuracy. Do you not agree?

I've never played Playhome myself, it is just something I've noticed with untagged cards on Booru and while failing horribly trying to recreate PH girls' faces in HS2. I don't have an overall preference for either, but I have said to myself "dude don't even bother, look at her, she's playhome!"

:LOL: This is specifically what I had in mind when I said I generally prefer 'fewer shadows' yesterday! My first thought with the SEGI pics was that it would have potentially ruined a scene like this or made it harder to recreate.
Yes, that's the difference in their graphics engines for you. I wouldn't go as far as saying it looks much better, but HS2 does have the advantage there.

dyingbreed86

May 16, 2020
I'm actually pretty satisfied with the shots, although it would've been nicer if I would've been able to get the cig in there too. I just got a bit too lazy with posing to make it work haha.

I always use DHH mod for my shots, but from what I've seen from your previous posts, you should be able to recreate a similar look with the SEGI as well.

las1717

Nov 14, 2019
Addon-mods that do not replace the original files. However, i cannot tell you what's inside them because i don't have the energy for that.

Just download the repack and hit the .bat in the main folder that says "vanillify the game", if that's what you meant.

I think so. I do remember seeing a post that said that the futa dick was fixed.

See if it isn't muted from the volume mixer for whatever reason.
thanks, that is exactly what I need

Reactions: namprofli3

Bentshaft

Jul 1, 2020
I'm actually pretty satisfied with the shots, although it would've been nicer if I would've been able to get the cig in there too. I just got a bit too lazy with posing to make it work haha.

I always use DHH mod for my shots, but from what I've seen from your previous posts, you should be able to recreate a similar look with the SEGI as well.
Oh yeah for sure both would work, but I was concerned that with SEGI at those settings you would get a shadow between her legs during the pivotal crossing/uncrossing whereas DHH at those settings would give you a clearer view without the need for a crotch spotlight. I forget how they filmed the movie. Maybe I'm way off, just my two cents. Either way, I like what you did here.

Reactions: dyingbreed86

dyingbreed86

May 16, 2020
Oh yeah for sure both would work, but I was concerned that with SEGI at those settings you would get a shadow between her legs during the pivotal crossing/uncrossing whereas DHH at those settings would give you a clearer view without the need for a crotch spotlight. I forget how they filmed the movie. Maybe I'm way off, just my two cents. Either way, I like what you did here.
With the way you tweaked your settings on your latter shots, I dont think you would need extra lights on her for that to work. Character lighting on in-game setting should be enough to make it work if anything imho. I watched the scene before making it on studio and I did what I can to capture the mood of the interrogation scene. the shot actually probably could be a bit darker than what I have, now that I think about it. Looking forward to seeing your take on the scene though

3.80 star(s) 56 Votes