turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Reactions: Shield0731

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
is there anyway to just get the update files instead of having to download the entire game?
Here you get the update only files.
But be aware that it´s possible to mess up your game completely on this way, especially your version is more outdated - you have to go each single update step from your version until the recent version (now R15).
And each step has the risk for issues.

I always doing complete new download/install since R4.1 and never had problems

After new install and first running test transfer your old UserData and MyMods folder to the new game and install your usual "Optional Mods" again. Keep your old version as Backup for a while, until you´re sure you have all you need.
Then run "update" at least and you have a brand new and perfectly running HS2 :D

Reactions: RealF

Mookys

Dec 19, 2022
I think this is the largest file size I have ever seen for a game on this site. What explains this?

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
I think this is the largest file size I have ever seen for a game on this site. What explains this?
64 GBS + 192???????
1000 times asked here (and also answered ;) - you could have used the "SearchBox" in the right above corner).

Anyway to make it short: the base game isn´t this big (less 20GB extracted), the main functions of the game didn´t change significantly within the last years.
But most of the size are the tons of mods created by skilled creators (skins, hairs, body parts, makeup, clothings, accessories - all for creating beautier and more realistic characters to play with or using them in StudioNEO) .
And there isn´t a compression system in this game (as in AAA games is usual) - especially the textures are mostly big files.

And the 192GB is the "Optional Sideloader Modpack Studio" - as the name tells you it is a modpack ONLY for StudioNEO and NOT for the game - you don´t need this unless you intend to intensively work with Studio (creating your own scenes and animations).

Last edited:

Mookys

Dec 19, 2022
1000 times asked here (and also answered ;) - you could have used the "SearchBox" in the right above corner).

Anyway to make it short: most of the size are the tons of mods created by skilled creators.
And there isn´t a compression system for this in this game (as in AAA games is usual) especially the textures are mostly big files.

And the 192GB is the "Optional Sideloader Modpack Studio" - as the name tells you it is a modpack ONLY for StudioNEO and NOT for the game - you don´t need this unless you intend to intensively work with Studio (creating your own scenes and animations).
Thanks for the clarification.

Reactions: turbojoe

fuji.seiko

Apr 30, 2022
I played it for a bit and it is quite interesting.
Did a pro player move:

-Got Fur's Room Key
-Went to her room and went to change her appearance
-Didn't change nothing and saved her as a new slot in the group
-Added her to the group and now you can talk to her and have sex with her anywhere else instead of only your room and her room.
-Went to the Premium Lounge
-Requested sex with Sitri
-Got refused twice or three times
-Had sex with her
-Change her appearance and added her to the group same as Fur.

Reactions: Shield0731

asgardtipar2

May 24, 2018

Anyway to make it short: most of the size are the tons of mods created by skilled creators.
And there isn´t a compression system for this in this game (as in AAA games is usual) especially the textures are mostly big files.

As a person who regularly struggles with space on my PC, would you say, is it worth freeing up space(deleting other games) for this game?

fuji.seiko

Apr 30, 2022
Does anyone know and could kindly tell me who do I import cards from other people so I have custom created characters from other players to my game? Thanks in advance.

ymirsson

Nov 3, 2021
As a person who regularly struggles with space on my PC, would you say, is it worth freeing up space(deleting other games) for this game?
Depends ..
It's a glorified sex scene simulator.
If you don't care for extended character creation/customization or you're looking for any kind of story, this won't make you happy.

HS is a great base for others to create great games, but by itself it is quite ... shit. And boring.

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
I would say - NO.
But it´s depending on your preferences - you should know that there isn´t a really "playing" in HS2 like in Fallout 4 for example.
Most to do is creating beautiful girls and lay them in several H-Scenes (more than 150) and nearby develop their stats (hate, love) to unlock more possible sex positions.

There are some members here running this game from external drive successfully, but the loading times are therefore up to minutes.

Best option would be you spend a new 1 TB SSD drive for that ;)

Reactions: asgardtipar2
Jan 25, 2018
But most of the size are the tons of mods created by skilled creators (skins, hairs, body parts, makeup, clothings, accessories - all for creating beautier and more realistic characters to play with or using them in StudioNEO) .
And there isn´t a compression system in this game (as in AAA games is usual) - especially the textures are mostly big files.
The latest WWE 2K24 by 2K (dudes that made Borderlands) is 90GB big and looks like it came out in 2011 alongside Skyrim, terrible texture optimization or none at all. I honestly believe that the AAA gaming industry has fallen below even the most basic standards of optimization. Terminator Dark Fate: Defiance, isn't so much a AAA project but their devs have been around for 20 years and are well-know for their RTS game, and some other titles, specially World in Conflict, while the Terminator game started development in 2019 requested by Skydance studios, who owns the IP at the moment... it uses the same engine they have been utilizing since 2005, and it has just released in 2024...it only uses one single CPU core due to engine limitations. Nobody bothers to optimize now a days apparently, everyone is either expecting you the upgrade your rig, like Todd Howard told to the people unable to run their Loading screen simulator cash grab, or Immortals of Aveum with EA pretty much expecting people not to complain when they are forced to use frame generation just to run their garbo first person shooter at 60fps on an RTX 4090.

I don't intend to bash your comment at all, so, I'm sorry if it comes out as rude. It's just an observation I want to share which is related to this specific part of your comment. So I hope you have a wonderful day and didn't felt insulted by my post.

And as we can see, games are starting to reach the 100GB mark, so I'm not even surprised at this point when even the game here start to get big (of course this one being a collection of mods), we already had for years Skyrim mod collections that require 400GB of room for the installing process, and I know people who use sets of 3 sequential 2TB HDDs alongside their main storage unit. This is getting really out of hand.

Reactions: Catino and turbojoe

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
And as we can see, games are starting to reach the 100GB mark, so I'm not even surprised at this point when even the game here start to get big (of course this one being a collection of mods), we already had for years Skyrim mod collections that require 400GB of room for the installing process, and I know people who use sets of 3 sequential 2TB HDDs alongside their main storage unit. This is getting really out of hand.
It´s not quite the same comparing the contents of these games.
At the moment I´m playing Horizon Zero Dawn nearby - there you have a nearly endless landscape with cities and tons of NPC´s and Monsters, and what do you have in HS2? Several unchangeable rooms and a few outdoor scenes and max 3 animated persons.

And that´s what I´ve meant with compressed system: in Horizon you have a 64GB folder with all packed .bin files to load the exorbital content of this game just in time. And so is it in Skyrim with all the compressed .bsa data files.
If they would be uncompressed like in HS2 I guess 500GB wouldn´t be sufficient.

3.80 star(s) 56 Votes