turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
And as we can see, games are starting to reach the 100GB mark, so I'm not even surprised at this point when even the game here start to get big (of course this one being a collection of mods), we already had for years Skyrim mod collections that require 400GB of room for the installing process, and I know people who use sets of 3 sequential 2TB HDDs alongside their main storage unit. This is getting really out of hand.
It´s not quite the same comparing the contents of these games.
At the moment I´m playing Horizon Zero Dawn nearby - there you have a nearly endless landscape with cities and tons of NPC´s and Monsters, and what do you have in HS2? Several unchangeable rooms and a few outdoor scenes and max 3 animated persons.

And that´s what I´ve meant with compressed system: in Horizon you have a 64GB folder with all packed .bin files to load the exorbital content of this game just in time. And so is it in Skyrim with all the compressed .bsa data files.
If they would be uncompressed like in HS2 I guess 500GB wouldn´t be sufficient.

asgardtipar2

May 24, 2018
I would say - NO.
But it´s depending on your preferences - you should know that there isn´t a really "playing" in HS2 like in Fallout 4 for example.
Most to do is creating beautiful girls and lay them in several H-Scenes (more than 150) and nearby develop their stats (hate, love) to unlock more possible sex positions.

There are some members here running this game from external drive successfully, but the loading times are therefore up to minutes.

Best option would be you spend a new 1 TB SSD drive for that ;)
so it's in a similiar vein like games "home together"? but just bigger obv

Iluha

Mar 13, 2019
I don´t know this.
There is another similar Illusion game "Play Home", but never tried.
Look here
The archive with DX 11 takes ≈55 GB of disk space with the latest mods. I don’t remember exactly how much disk space the game takes up when unpacked. The editor is really good, but after fine-tuning the characters, the girls appear in the game, to put it mildly, not exactly the ones created in the editor) I don’t know about the version of DX 15, but there were a lot of artifacts and crap in DX 11. Left the update until better times)
By the way, I still successfully use HS 1.20. with all the mods installed, the game takes up ≈25GB on disk, the editor is a little worse, divinely optimized, there are no artifacts or flaws, the girl created in the editor appears in the game exactly the same as she was created in the editor.
In short, it would be ideal if the HS 2 character editor would be in HS 1.20 :)

Reactions: turbojoe

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
The archive with DX 11 takes ≈55 GB of disk space with the latest mods. I don’t remember exactly how much disk space the game takes up when unpacked. The editor is really good, but after fine-tuning the characters, the girls appear in the game, to put it mildly, not exactly the ones created in the editor) I don’t know about the version of DX 15, but there were a lot of artifacts and crap in DX 11. Left the update until better times)
By the way, I still successfully use HS 1.20. with all the mods installed, the game takes up ≈25GB on disk, the editor is a little worse, divinely optimized, there are no artifacts or flaws, the girl created in the editor appears in the game exactly the same as she was created in the editor.
In short, it would be ideal if the HS 2 character editor would be in HS 1.20 :)
To defend HS2 (unnecessarily ;)) I never recognized those flaws you mentioned above - in any version since I´m working with HS2 (started with BR R4.1).
So far I don´t expect an improvement in R15, but maybe a new install of R15 brings you a better experience?
The Repack is for free, only a little work.

Regarding game size: R11 was 55GB to download (compressed!), disc space extracted about doubled.

My R14 with some extra mods and a lot of character cards is actually about 230 GB on drive, and that´s not this big.
Depending how many extra mods and cards they collected there are members with 500GB HS2 and more :p

HS1 never tried, so I can´t judge this game in comparison to HS2, only what I know from WIKI

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Iluha

massam

Apr 11, 2018
1000 times asked here (and also answered ;) - you could have used the "SearchBox" in the right above corner).

Anyway to make it short: the base game isn´t this big (less 20GB extracted), the main functions of the game didn´t change significantly within the last years.
But most of the size are the tons of mods created by skilled creators (skins, hairs, body parts, makeup, clothings, accessories - all for creating beautier and more realistic characters to play with or using them in StudioNEO) .
And there isn´t a compression system in this game (as in AAA games is usual) - especially the textures are mostly big files.

And the 192GB is the "Optional Sideloader Modpack Studio" - as the name tells you it is a modpack ONLY for StudioNEO and NOT for the game - you don´t need this unless you intend to intensively work with Studio (creating your own scenes and animations).
Can i add studio neo to steam version? Because i don't want all of that mods. I just need neo.

sssatella

Mar 6, 2024
I'm trying to download using the torrent, but the download never starts. I'm using qBittorrent.

Is it working?

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Can i add studio neo to steam version? Because i don't want all of that mods. I just need neo.
So far I know StudioNEO isn´t included in Steam version and also not in the SB3 Patch.

But I wonder how you will work with properly characters without all the mods ??? o_O
And the Studio modpack even is a lot bigger than for the game............

Sometimes I can´t understand people :unsure:

Gorgor

Jan 12, 2019
Are there still no custom sex scenes added to this game, or an option to add more participants than threesomes? The extremely limited scenes provided in the base game by Illusion has always been the crux of this game. In similar sex simulators like Sex Villa there are thousands of custom scenes to download made by the community, and an option to add FFFM foursomes etc, but nothing in this game which I always found really restrictive.

• Thinking Face

potatoezzz

Jun 1, 2020
hi i finally got the game to work! A few questions tho, how do i make it fullscreen and why are all the preset mods cursed? Like i pick a premade character like lets say Aloy and the eyes are bulging out of her skull and stuff like that

Sardine7

Apr 26, 2022
Any significant changes/additions from version 14? I read the change log but seems like just a bunch of mod updates.

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
So I have a bit of an issue. The update COMPLETLY reset my plugin configuration. The plugins went back to default settings. Is those settings in the backup folder, or do I have to set everything up again?
When you're installing the patch, there is a confirmation box asking whether you want to generate fresh config files or not. It's should be at the last phase of installation. Maybe you chose "Yes" that time.
But in your case, you can get only the config files from that backup folder = [Backup]\Bepinex\config\ then put it inside \Bepinex\config\

3.80 star(s) 56 Votes