HopeDev

Game Developer
Feb 11, 2024
Also how it's possible for Rebecca to lose virginity by her father if she was raped by pirates in every holes?
It's not. I look at the passage, maybe I imply that that was happening, but it shouldn't.

Thanks for pointing out the bugs, I'll check them out.

LightningMaestro

Nov 2, 2019
There's a lot that I like about this - and I'll definitely be keeping an eye on it. As comments have already mentioned, there's some bugs and some misspellings / bad grammar, but what's already here looks genuinely like it could go somewhere great.

I ended up editing the actual .html file as a .txt in Notepad++ to fix some of the bugs I encountered, and here's some nitty-gritty details I found in the code (apologies in advance for any names or phrases I get wrong, it is a recurring problem that my brain reassembles wording in strange and unique ways):

1) as said previously, several instances where Stress is called to be lowered, yet the stat is increased - the easiest way I found to locate and fix these was using the Find (CTRL+F) function to find 'stress reduced' or whatever the exact language was and editing the + into a - at every appearance. Some of these look like they might be errors in the player-side description, rather than the engine-side math, however, so YMMV on which way to fix these.

2) as recommended, I started with the science vessel instead of the prison, and I rather quickly noticed there was no way forwards without getting raped. As personally I'm a hardcore romance fangirl, rather than sexual harassment (I know, strange choice of forums in that case), I poked around every event tree I could until I found out the one path that doesn't involve that - however, it is currently bugged and unavailable. If you board the pirate ship, look for weapons, kill the pirate, then proceed to the science vessel, lure the pirates away to create an opening - you are then supposed to be able to fight them there. However, you cannot actually do so, because it checks for the variable $sword rather than $haveSword - this is one of several instances I found of this in the code. Another (particularly egregious) example is the prison 'assist Dash' fight after hiding and then following - which not only also checks for the $sword variable, it also checks for the $gun variable instead of the $haveGun variable used elsewhere, and fails to close the /if statement correctly. Even further, it misses the one of the symbols required to correctly close the speech dialogues, meaning they error, and, as previously mentioned, links into another variant of the same 'follow into combat' scene if you choose to attack the Firemonger, rather than moving directly to combating the Firemonger.

3) further, about the $haveGun variable, there is currently only one way to acquire said gun - that being to kill the leader of the pirates and leave the rest alive. As far as I could see, all other variants of the scene did not set such a variable - and even going to the Hades/Prison first has no route to setting it. I did, however, enjoy seeing several instances in the code that called for a gun before being able to acquire one - that's a lovely bit of foresight/planning. Of note, I also recommend the run->combat->endure segment for pirate combat on the science vessel to set the $haveGun variable as well, given that you end up defeating several pirates in that ending, one of whom is stated to have a gun. As at this point all of the pirates have been gassed into unconsciousness, picking it up just in case seems like a natural flow - especially given the focus on it during the fight prior.

4) Additionally, as far as Sergeant Michael weirdness - yes, he discovers cum even if you've literally never been touched by anyone, but also: if, upon arriving at Hades, you hide->follow->talk->combat->kill Firemonger, you never actually meet Sergeant Michael in the Hades itself - you recruit all of the security guards directly from Commander Sarah (Sasha?). Despite this, the dialogue between the Ship-Avatar-Body and Sergeant Michael when you go to recruit the prison guards as security for the ship assumes the two have already met.

5) After setting the guards as security, traveling around the ship while armed has them confiscate your weapons and send them back to your room. This is followed by a prompt to build a Conference Room via the Robotics Bay in order to pass laws. Upon visiting the Robotics Bay, the upgrade is actually referred to as the Courtroom, and requires a total of 200 people in order to be made - a number unachievable without recruiting every single possible human in the first sector. Perhaps adding an alternate unlock trigger, or making the Conference Room a 'lesser' version of the Courtroom with lower requirements that can later be upgraded into the full thing?

6) Considering that Dash and his crew are basically all but stated stated to have more solid control of the Hades than the actual prison guards, in addition to being better armed (if the statement about how under-armed the prison guards are when first seeing them is anything to go by), it's a little odd that they're not also potential candidates for ship security - especially given Dash does not paint them with a particularly favorable brush, should you interact with him before ever meeting them. This isn't a particular gripe or anything, just felt like an interesting possible-consideration.

7) When encountering the scientists for the first time, they seem to regard you as an appliance more than a person - a statement backed up by the Ship-Avatar-Body even outright mentioning it. Despite that, if they're the only ones you recruit from the science station, they're actually quite respectful once aboard the ship for the most part. This isn't inherently a problem in the slightest - maybe they're a lot more favorably inclined with their views upon you since they've been rescued and put in essentially much better living quarters, along with having something resembling actual hope with the travel to the Last Star. Still, if that's the case, at least a brief passage on the topic I think would be a really nice touch.

8) Rebecca's (?) dad, the incest-rapist. An option to explicitly disable that event would be greatly appreciated, personally - I didn't check if hitting the 'Back' command after reading the warning disabled it in the future, but having separate buttons for 'I don't want this but might later' and 'actually, I never want this' would be a good idea I think. That shit's dark, and while I can understand it, I like more fluff and warm/fuzzy (again, I understand that probably makes me very much an odd one out in this forum), and it's a bit of a sudden jump from his previous appearances - could do with some disturbing-the-peace events to foreshadow it, perhaps. He also basically outright demands your schematics if you need repairs, and requests them if you don't, so I thought calling him would actually have an option to hand them over - potentially redacted in parts if anything in the Ship-Avatar-Body might be usable to bypass the AI requirement, given he's not exactly made a great AI rights impression, but potentially not. It felt a little odd that there wasn't an option to even reference that conversation - though I suppose that might be in one of the other possible call-events, as I didn't check all of them.

All in all, while I'm not sure this game's direction is one that'll end up particularly appealing to my personal tastes, I thought it was very well made overall - I wouldn't have written this long a comment if it didn't make a favorable enough impression on me that I wanted to see it polished and succeeding. Keep going - and write the story you want to write! If my suggestions don't line up with the story you want to tell, they're only suggestions - if the intended narrative and themes need to be bent to include them, doing so would only make things weaker overall, I think.

HopeDev

Game Developer
Feb 11, 2024
There's a lot that I like about this - and I'll definitely be keeping an eye on it. As comments have already mentioned, there's some bugs and some misspellings / bad grammar, but what's already here looks genuinely like it could go somewhere great.

I ended up editing the actual .html file as a .txt in Notepad++ to fix some of the bugs I encountered, and here's some nitty-gritty details I found in the code (apologies in advance for any names or phrases I get wrong, it is a recurring problem that my brain reassembles wording in strange and unique ways):

1) as said previously, several instances where Stress is called to be lowered, yet the stat is increased - the easiest way I found to locate and fix these was using the Find (CTRL+F) function to find 'stress reduced' or whatever the exact language was and editing the + into a - at every appearance. Some of these look like they might be errors in the player-side description, rather than the engine-side math, however, so YMMV on which way to fix these.

2) as recommended, I started with the science vessel instead of the prison, and I rather quickly noticed there was no way forwards without getting raped. As personally I'm a hardcore romance fangirl, rather than sexual harassment (I know, strange choice of forums in that case), I poked around every event tree I could until I found out the one path that doesn't involve that - however, it is currently bugged and unavailable. If you board the pirate ship, look for weapons, kill the pirate, then proceed to the science vessel, lure the pirates away to create an opening - you are then supposed to be able to fight them there. However, you cannot actually do so, because it checks for the variable $sword rather than $haveSword - this is one of several instances I found of this in the code. Another (particularly egregious) example is the prison 'assist Dash' fight after hiding and then following - which not only also checks for the $sword variable, it also checks for the $gun variable instead of the $haveGun variable used elsewhere, and fails to close the /if statement correctly. Even further, it misses the one of the symbols required to correctly close the speech dialogues, meaning they error, and, as previously mentioned, links into another variant of the same 'follow into combat' scene if you choose to attack the Firemonger, rather than moving directly to combating the Firemonger.

3) further, about the $haveGun variable, there is currently only one way to acquire said gun - that being to kill the leader of the pirates and leave the rest alive. As far as I could see, all other variants of the scene did not set such a variable - and even going to the Hades/Prison first has no route to setting it. I did, however, enjoy seeing several instances in the code that called for a gun before being able to acquire one - that's a lovely bit of foresight/planning. Of note, I also recommend the run->combat->endure segment for pirate combat on the science vessel to set the $haveGun variable as well, given that you end up defeating several pirates in that ending, one of whom is stated to have a gun. As at this point all of the pirates have been gassed into unconsciousness, picking it up just in case seems like a natural flow - especially given the focus on it during the fight prior.

4) Additionally, as far as Sergeant Michael weirdness - yes, he discovers cum even if you've literally never been touched by anyone, but also: if, upon arriving at Hades, you hide->follow->talk->combat->kill Firemonger, you never actually meet Sergeant Michael in the Hades itself - you recruit all of the security guards directly from Commander Sarah (Sasha?). Despite this, the dialogue between the Ship-Avatar-Body and Sergeant Michael when you go to recruit the prison guards as security for the ship assumes the two have already met.

5) After setting the guards as security, traveling around the ship while armed has them confiscate your weapons and send them back to your room. This is followed by a prompt to build a Conference Room via the Robotics Bay in order to pass laws. Upon visiting the Robotics Bay, the upgrade is actually referred to as the Courtroom, and requires a total of 200 people in order to be made - a number unachievable without recruiting every single possible human in the first sector. Perhaps adding an alternate unlock trigger, or making the Conference Room a 'lesser' version of the Courtroom with lower requirements that can later be upgraded into the full thing?

6) Considering that Dash and his crew are basically all but stated stated to have more solid control of the Hades than the actual prison guards, in addition to being better armed (if the statement about how under-armed the prison guards are when first seeing them is anything to go by), it's a little odd that they're not also potential candidates for ship security - especially given Dash does not paint them with a particularly favorable brush, should you interact with him before ever meeting them. This isn't a particular gripe or anything, just felt like an interesting possible-consideration.

7) When encountering the scientists for the first time, they seem to regard you as an appliance more than a person - a statement backed up by the Ship-Avatar-Body even outright mentioning it. Despite that, if they're the only ones you recruit from the science station, they're actually quite respectful once aboard the ship for the most part. This isn't inherently a problem in the slightest - maybe they're a lot more favorably inclined with their views upon you since they've been rescued and put in essentially much better living quarters, along with having something resembling actual hope with the travel to the Last Star. Still, if that's the case, at least a brief passage on the topic I think would be a really nice touch.

8) Rebecca's (?) dad, the incest-rapist. An option to explicitly disable that event would be greatly appreciated, personally - I didn't check if hitting the 'Back' command after reading the warning disabled it in the future, but having separate buttons for 'I don't want this but might later' and 'actually, I never want this' would be a good idea I think. That shit's dark, and while I can understand it, I like more fluff and warm/fuzzy (again, I understand that probably makes me very much an odd one out in this forum), and it's a bit of a sudden jump from his previous appearances - could do with some disturbing-the-peace events to foreshadow it, perhaps. He also basically outright demands your schematics if you need repairs, and requests them if you don't, so I thought calling him would actually have an option to hand them over - potentially redacted in parts if anything in the Ship-Avatar-Body might be usable to bypass the AI requirement, given he's not exactly made a great AI rights impression, but potentially not. It felt a little odd that there wasn't an option to even reference that conversation - though I suppose that might be in one of the other possible call-events, as I didn't check all of them.

All in all, while I'm not sure this game's direction is one that'll end up particularly appealing to my personal tastes, I thought it was very well made overall - I wouldn't have written this long a comment if it didn't make a favorable enough impression on me that I wanted to see it polished and succeeding. Keep going - and write the story you want to write! If my suggestions don't line up with the story you want to tell, they're only suggestions - if the intended narrative and themes need to be bent to include them, doing so would only make things weaker overall, I think.
OMG! The $gun bug is a fucking big mishap on my part, thank you so much for pointing it out. I didn't test the Hades route as much as I should T_T

4- I tried to write that passage in a way that implies that he knows who you are (because you're THE robot-ship-girl), but not necessarily that you know him, I tried to be ambiguous to make it work even if you never meet him. Apparently, I didn't succeed, if I'll think of something that don't force me to go back and edit the Hades I'll do it, if not, maybe that passage is a little awkward forever...

5- The conference room and the courtroom are still wip (I hope to complete them by the next update), and the resident requirement is intentional unattainable by now. Resident numbers is one of the ways in which I try to pace the game's progression.

6- In the Hades, the idea was that the guards have better armament (they were squatting in the armory for a reason) but the prisoners have the overwhelming numbers. Yes, I could make sense to recruit Dash and his people for security, but right now is not a priority.

7- They are more respectful? Of the three events you can have with them if you go visit them (Ignoring the ones with Dr Scott), one you don't interact with them, and the other two you're treated, not necessarily badly, but like an useful object more than anything. Or at least that was my intent.

8- You're right in that you should have the option to opt out of that event. If you don't want to see the fucked up Michael events, you can just not visit him, but this one is kind of unavoidable at this point if you answer the phone. I'll add an option to say "no thanks, forever" in the next update.
As for the rest of the events with Dr Scott, well, they haven't been written yet. I'll hope to bring the "you're just a machine" topic in future events.

Thank you very much for this long and detailed comment, really.
As for future content, I have a couple of romance options planed, (one with Dash, with some events already in the game) and one FF relationship that will begin in the next update.
I'll try to find a balance between the non-con and humiliation fetish of the game and the romance stuff (because I like the two). So, I hope you can enjoy the ride too.

LightningMaestro

Nov 2, 2019
Aaah - I think I know what's going on with 7. The generic events at 100% Respect (which I had immediately after the science vessel) include people saluting you in the halls as you pass and one scene with a lovely heart-to-heart with one person having a breakdown. Despite only having people from the science vessel aboard, they weren't science vessel events - which gave me a different impression when I thought they were. Fair enough, then.

As for 4 and 6, these are actually minor details in the dialogue that made me think so. 4 due to you already knowing his name and rank along with him being 'the robo-bigot' already known to you (easy fix would be to have a flag-based-variant for the scene where you either meet him and acquire this knowledge organically as the encounter progresses [since all of that becomes clear before it ends], or some mention of you having heard of his reputation). Alternatively, he could simply make a brief appearance in the prisoner route - as that's the only route that doesn't already introduce him. Maybe him badmouthing you for arriving with the prisoners?

6, likewise, it's just a minor mention somewhere in the paragraph that talks about the guards having only two guns and a few tasers pointing at you when you walk in. Simple fix with the prose, I'd wager.

Also, I definitely thought I'd detected some set-up with Dash! Glad to hear the focus of the game won't be solely harassment, rape and humiliation. Best of luck with your work!

Reactions: HopeDev

HopeDev

Game Developer
Feb 11, 2024
After hours and hours of advanced science and stuff, I bring you: Cleavages!

Ready for the next update in a couple of days. This update will bring a new jump with a new mission (Medium length), a new character I hope you like, and a new group of people to interact with.

I have not much else to say, just wanted to show you the cleavage.

Ok, bye!

0.3 tease cleavage.png

HopeDev

Game Developer
Feb 11, 2024
The new version is here, yay!
Hope you like it, and please tell me if I broke something too much.
  • Changelog 0.3
    • Typos
      • A bunch of them
    • Bugfixes
      • Some stat changes not registering correctly
      • A couple of big bugs in the Hades (I'll go as far as to recommend that you play it again if you already did, maybe try a different route this time, and don't forget to bring a weapon if you can)
      • A lot of small stuff here and there
    • Added a new jump with a new mission (medium to long length)
      • The new mission bring a new group to the ship with its own events.
      • It also brings a new romanceable character, Iris. With three new events (Number may vary depending on what you do in the mission)
    • We also have a new and more accessible way to unlock the shaving
    • And a couple new items of clothing (One of them being a variation of the bodysuits)
    • A new facility to find and build.

ptkato

Jul 8, 2022
I dunno about the others, but if you pick the ex-guards as security, you can't bring weapons on the other missions.

HopeDev

Game Developer
Feb 11, 2024
I dunno about the others, but if you pick the ex-guards as security, you can't bring weapons on the other missions.
Yes, the security crew didn't let you roam around with weapons right now, in future updates (Hopefully the next) you will be able to make rulings that let you be armed in the ship.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Ashani

Candy1970

Jan 14, 2018
Yes, the security crew didn't let you roam around with weapons right now, in future updates (Hopefully the next) you will be able to make rulings that let you be armed in the ship.
its a good start, too bad one of the options when saving Rebecca was not to punch a whole through his chest or hand him over to the pirate guards especially with the disrespect he showed you both

Sum1Weird2393

Jun 13, 2020
There's definitely some typos and whatnot but out of all the html games I've played, this one shows a lot of promise. I really hope this one lasts a long time because once it's fully fleshed out and polished, it'll be quite fun for a lot more than just the smut aspect. I know it doesn't fit exactly but I decided to make mine a tall muscular blonde named Samus. Not exactly playing as a bounty hunter like Samus is but a physically enhanced humanoid traversing space, finding people/things seemed close enough to me, lol. The only real obstacles in the game currently are just because it hasn't progressed enough. As was pointed out, if you use the prison guards as your security, they won't let you carry weapons at all and we can't fix that until we're able to change the policy on it so I just decided to use twinehacker to toggle my weapons back on for the mission as a temporary workaround. I'll be keeping a close eye on this one.

F_myname

Jul 29, 2018
holy shit i hate it when text is appearing slowly and is unskippable. my dude youre making a porn game this is not the story masterpiece we're here for
I fund the story to be the reason why I liked this game. Its clearly text based, and its basically smut. If you want a quick nut just go watch some porn. I'm enjoying the writings so far, despite some awkward phrasing here and there its mostly well written. Plus the premise of the story is pretty unique.
1709248565032.png

• Red Heart
Jul 12, 2022
I fund the story to be the reason why I liked this game. Its clearly text based, and its basically smut. If you want a quick nut just go watch some porn. I'm enjoying the writings so far, despite some awkward phrasing here and there its mostly well written. Plus the premise of the story is pretty unique.
View attachment 3398326
even if the story is good, slow text is ugh. i read fast

HopeDev

Game Developer
Feb 11, 2024
even if the story is good, slow text is ugh. i read fast
To be fair, at launch, the slow text was a lot more annoying, it annoyed my while testing xD. I tone it down since then.

Hornybro

Apr 23, 2021
Very cool game, would love if there's more scene, not necessary big new one but more than just clothed, bra and naked state.

Also I let other abuse Hope and now I feel very sad for her :(

4.00 star(s) 3 Votes