Ren'Py Abandoned Hopeless Infatuation [v0.1.2] [Thundorn Games]

2.50 star(s) 8 Votes

John18111a

Aug 6, 2018
Seems like Dev made a post on Monday just for you ;) ::
Thundorn Games declared on the mega phone this 9th sun rise from September

Bug resolution:

Hey Folks. A bug has been reported regarding the shopping screen which causes the leftbar to become unresponsive. In order to avoid this issue, please don't use the shopping link in the left bar. Shopping can still be done at the computer safely.

If you are one of the people who has gotten stuck with this but. Open the console and type OpenScreen = "" and then dont use the leftbar shopping link. I have fixed the issue for v0.1.3
No I meant with the stuff I purchased on the computer and that is in my inventory, I cant see anyway to use.

Nakathor

Jul 15, 2017
Welp, tbh the number of chores we have to do is a little too much, just spamming "next hour", doing only one per day, sleeping, etc... it's kind of boring, and when I finally did enough, looked for a job in the newspaper... seems like I played too much, I'm out of number of days haha

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/scripts/main_content/main_loop/GameLoop.rpy", line 5, in <module>
  File "game/scripts/core/initialization/classes.rpy", line 80, in SceneChecker
  File "game/scripts/core/initialization/classes.rpy", line 395, in CheckChat
  File "game/scripts/core/initialization/classes.rpy", line 373, in Check_C
  File "game/scripts/core/initialization/classes.rpy", line 254, in WeekDay
ValueError: day is out of range for month

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scripts/main_content/main_loop/GameLoop.rpyc", line 5, in script
  File "F:\Users\Nakathor\Downloads\Random\HopelessInfatuation-v0.1.12-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1773, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(self.condition):
  File "F:\Users\Nakathor\Downloads\Random\HopelessInfatuation-v0.1.12-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1990, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "F:\Users\Nakathor\Downloads\Random\HopelessInfatuation-v0.1.12-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1983, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.3.0.271
Hopeless Infatuation v0.1.12
Wed Sep 11 10:56:47 2019
EDIT : In case you have this problem too, just use a save editor to edit le day number from 30 to 1 and it's ok, hoping it'll be corrected next update tho... and I did it for "nothing" since you can never achieve your trial run at work, it's your last objective so far, sigh

Last edited:

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
No I meant with the stuff I purchased on the computer and that is in my inventory, I cant see anyway to use.
Welp, tbh the number of chores we have to do is a little too much, just spamming "next hour", doing only one per day, sleeping, etc... it's kind of boring, and when I finally did enough, looked for a job in the newspaper... seems like I played too much, I'm out of number of days haha

Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:
  File "scripts/main_content/main_loop/GameLoop.rpyc", line 5, in script
  File "F:\Users\Nakathor\Downloads\Random\HopelessInfatuation-v0.1.12-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1773, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(self.condition):
  File "F:\Users\Nakathor\Downloads\Random\HopelessInfatuation-v0.1.12-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1990, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "F:\Users\Nakathor\Downloads\Random\HopelessInfatuation-v0.1.12-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1983, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.3.0.271
Hopeless Infatuation v0.1.12
Wed Sep 11 10:56:47 2019

Game called hopeless infatuation .. turns out to be ... LITERALLY HOPELESS ON MC'S FATE ;)!

• Haha
Reactions: Nakathor

Thundorn

Dec 31, 2017
Thanks for those people who sent me bug reports via the email in the OP. Just a side note on that one. Lack of content isn't a bug to report. Rome wasn't built in a day. etc etc. I can't fix bugs that I don't know about of course so please don't complain if a bug isn't fixed but you didn't report it.

FYI I won't respond to any bug reports for the unlicensed android version. I didn't authorize the port and wont support it.

Whilst I'm on the topic of unlicensed versions, i'm currently trying to get Adultgameson to remove my games from their site since they are "modifying" the game (probably to remove the warning about their site within the game, but it could be anything) and posting links with "faster downloads" for patrons. I have also contacted Patreon about this issue since they are inexplicably funding this douchebag. I know this probably isn't the only site doing this but I don't have a lot of free time to tackle this stuff, and why this a-hole thinks he should be able to make money from other peoples hard work is beyond me. Point being that if you wanted to help me (and every other dev here) out, you could always help put pressure on Patreon to remove this guy.

Working hard on the next update. for those who didn't see my previous post about it. V0.1.2 is already out for subscribers and will be released to the general public once I've completed v0.1.3 for the subs.

TS2016

May 7, 2017
Not sure if it is a bug and been reported but few times when you look at relationship tab to see the location where Mom or Nikki are and when you go there, they are not there.

Reactions: PrebenJensen

morphiospain

Jan 8, 2019
First the game looks amazing. I do think the interface needs to be reworked for the game it is very grindy. I also had a lot of crashes of the game at several parts making doing a review on it not worth it at the time and don't want to take away also the movement interface takes up to much of the screen. It does have a nice story going and the images are great. If currently had to rate at this point

Art: 5/5
Story: 3/5
Play Ability: 2/5
Enjoyment: 1/5 (I am waying in the grind and crashes into this)

The game art is beautiful and story is going along nicely, to the point I was able to get before I quit because of crashes and grind.

Good luck on the Game!!

Last edited:

kshyk

Mar 18, 2018
Damn! This young brunette girl from the screenshots (sister?) is even prettier than Anna (Exciting Affection)! I want to see her in all F95's games from now on! :love:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Edit: I hope this game is not as grindy as it's predecessor.

Last edited:
Reactions: Banish

MasterDk78

Dec 16, 2017
A good story dont need sex scenes at many first content, the build up can be sexy as hell to :)
To dev, regarding finding bugs, you do have some subscribers, but maybe the not actively reporting bugs?
I hope they do, I know I would :)

Have not played your game, so I cant tell if it any good or not.
As it fairly new, I will wait a bit. I like being occupied all my night with laugh, excitement and grinning for my self..
I wish you all the best

Reese286

Nov 24, 2017
Good job Dev! I don't know if you tweaked the renders a bit or not, but Mom is Smoking Hot.:love: ... She is easily one of the best looking MILF's I have seen in any game. Gotta say the game really needs more text and interplay between the characters. What dialogue there is, is good, but even if it's sometimes repetitive including the normal stuff you say to family during the day is a plus. And why not even a casual word or Hello to/from Sis... I mean they don't hate each other do they? I did not think there was any problem between them, so there should be the normal family greetings, small talk and interaction. #justsaying

Not too fond of the one-step-forward, one-step-back scoring either. Why do we lose a point with Mom every night when he goes to bed? What, your not supposed to sleep? Its annoying af.

Last edited:
Reactions: MasterDk78

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
There's really not much good I can say about this "game."

It's really always the same. It's an inherent problem in sandbox games, that they don't work so good with the system of giving patrons regular updates to earn money.
There's no content, a lot of incredibly boring grinding. Locations where nothing happens. You spend days to get a specific event at a specific location... ugh.

Like I wrote, inherent in all sandbox games, not just this one, but this is a primo example here.
With the added problem that there is no option to set preferences + rollback and skipping of unread content is disabled.
Like others mentioned, the UI to change locations is horrible.
It looks like nothing, covers a lot of the screen and there are simply too many locations (with a game at this point of development).

The writing, when and if something actually happens is okay.
And the one big plus point the game has are the ladies. Both the mother and the sister are sexy as hell.
The mom looks like an actual milf, the sis just looks really cute and sexy.

Sadly, for me that isn't enough to get through grind that seems to be at least on par with Big Brother at it's worst.

When will devs learn to offer an easy, non-boring way to reach content in a work in progress?
Like, some do, so why don't all do it like that? Easy navigation, hint system, showing which character is where at all times.
This isn't that hard and can be used in the finished game as well, so you're not wasting time AND your players won't be wasting time. I often wonder, do devs even test their games? Because if they do, why don't they realize when the games are boring as hell? A bit of grinding is okay, to make you feel you've earned your content, but boring people is like the worst thing that can happen in ANY game.

And for fuck's sake don't actually make ren'py less intuitive.

Rollback, a working menu ui and skipping are must haves.

Last edited:

Reese286

Nov 24, 2017
There's really not much good I can say about this "game."

It's really always the same. It's an inherent problem in sandbox games, that they don't work so good with the system of giving patrons regular updates to earn money.
There's no content, a lot of incredibly boring grinding. Locations where nothing happens. You spend days to get a specific event at a specific location... ugh.

Like I wrote, inherent in all sandbox games, not just this one, but this is a primo example here.
With the added problem that there is no option to set preferences + rollback and skipping of unread content is disabled.
Like others mentioned, the UI to change locations is horrible.
It looks like nothing, covers a lot of the screen and there are simply too many locations (with a game at this point of development).

The writing, when and if something actually happens is okay.
And the one big plus point the game has are the ladies. Both the mother and the sister are sexy as hell.
The mom looks like an actual milf, the sis just looks really cute and sexy.

Sadly, for me that isn't enough to get to grind that seems to be at least on par with Big Brother at it's worst.

When will devs learn to offer an easy, non-boring way to reach content in a work in progress?
Like, some do, so why don't all do it like that? Easy navigation, hint system, showing which character is where at all times.
This isn't that hard and can be used in the finished game as well, so you're not wasting time AND your players won't be wasting time. I often wonder, do devs even test their games? Because if they do, why don't they realize when the games are boring as hell? A bit of grinding is okay, to make you feel you've earned your content, but boring people is like the worst thing that can happen in ANY game.

And for fuck's sake don't actually make ren'py less intuitive.

Rollback, a working menu ui and skipping are must haves.
I used Unren to force Rollback function _ it works a peach.

Reactions: botc76
Jul 15, 2017
Game crash at day 26 and don´t know why. Any ideas?

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'None'.

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\David\Downloads\HopelessInfatuation-v0.1.2-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 314, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\David\Downloads\HopelessInfatuation-v0.1.2-pc\renpy\main.py", line 529, in main
run(restart)
File "C:\Users\David\Downloads\HopelessInfatuation-v0.1.2-pc\renpy\main.py", line 139, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "C:\Users\David\Downloads\HopelessInfatuation-v0.1.2-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 892, in run_context
context.run()
File "scripts/main_content/main_loop/GameLoop.rpyc", line 9, in script call
File "C:\Users\David\Downloads\HopelessInfatuation-v0.1.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1434, in execute
rv = renpy.game.context().call(label, return_site=self.next.name)
File "C:\Users\David\Downloads\HopelessInfatuation-v0.1.2-pc\renpy\script.py", line 894, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Oct 25, 2017
here is my android port of Hopeless Infatuation v0.1.12 DOWNLOAD
is a port of apkgamers.org, who are you doing that port?
I find something annoying, as I can save the game, it doesn't leave me, thanks for the port

Feb 6, 2019

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\asus\Desktop\Yeni klasör (2)\HopelessInfatuation-v0.1.2-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 314, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\asus\Desktop\Yeni klasör (2)\HopelessInfatuation-v0.1.2-pc\renpy\main.py", line 529, in main
run(restart)
File "C:\Users\asus\Desktop\Yeni klasör (2)\HopelessInfatuation-v0.1.2-pc\renpy\main.py", line 139, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "C:\Users\asus\Desktop\Yeni klasör (2)\HopelessInfatuation-v0.1.2-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 892, in run_context
context.run()
File "C:\Users\asus\Desktop\Yeni klasör (2)\HopelessInfatuation-v0.1.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1434, in execute
rv = renpy.game.context().call(label, return_site=self.next.name)
File "C:\Users\asus\Desktop\Yeni klasör (2)\HopelessInfatuation-v0.1.2-pc\renpy\script.py", line 894, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

How can i fix this

Last edited:
2.50 star(s) 8 Votes