Ren'Py Abandoned Hopeless Infatuation [v0.1.2] [Thundorn Games]

2.50 star(s) 8 Votes

PixelRepublic

Donor
Jun 4, 2017
Yay, another completely blind free-roam game that probably won't ever be finished, because the dev hasn't finished his other free-roam game, and is working on both at the same time now.

Too bad history didn't teach us anything about the perils of doing that!

I won't be rushing out to support this any time soon. What a fucking mess.

The game also has no settings page, because reseasons.

Last edited:

Dependable_223

Engaged Member
Jan 3, 2019
is this game mechanic or small oversight ?? i got 1 trust point with the mom but after sleeping the next day the trust went back to 0 :unsure: since their hardly anything to do will we be able to make her trust higher or will every day need to start from 0 again ??

• Haha
Reactions: Canto Forte

dacris69

M, TI
Donor
Nov 20, 2017
That left menu is way too big and it would help alot to show there where are the chars and not in relations menu; but even that doesnt work, i go where they are supposed to be and the rooms are empty.
Edit forgot to mention, the milf looks glorious.

Last edited:

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Some games do work like that ... whenever there will be possible content, devs feel grinding is too easy so they subtract the points. It could be even more nefarious and expect some event to hapen the same day and work on day by day conquest system (much like slonique already evoked, tim from that bulges game has daily restart mechanic for exclusive that day only content)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Dependable_223

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
Some games do work like that ... whenever there will be possible content, devs feel grinding is too easy so they subtract the points. It could be even more nefarious and expect some event to hapen the same day and work on day by day conquest system (much like slonique already evoked, tim from that bulges game has daily restart mechanic for exclusive that day only content)
can be good. but hoping the requirement wont be too high, overwise if a walkthrougth is required daily, lots of peoples wont appreciate. wich is perfectly understandable

Dependable_223

Engaged Member
Jan 3, 2019
Yes but right now it does not make sense since their is no way to even get her points higher then 1 anyways and if you do the sneak it will even be -1 witch in terms will only damage your game if you start new routes on the way.

This looks more like prove of concept not even a an demo since their nothing to do anyway.

Dependable_223

Engaged Member
Jan 3, 2019
I'm torn, Ennoch says the game is great, but PixelRepublic says it's garbage... Should I try it right now? Or just put it at the end of my backlog?
It depeneds pxiel is known for hating anything with freeroam but if you like freeroam you could wait few updates and then try if their is more content right now it looks more like prove of concept like how where everyone is and small text on what to do next but not much in content yet.

Maybe in a few updates when their is more to do i will try again. right now the mansion does look nice though i hope mc is also able to use the pool like the other npcs can.

• Haha

Mytez

Engaged Member
Jul 28, 2017
It depeneds pxiel is known for hating anything with freeroam but if you like freeroam you could wait few updates and then try if their is more content right now it looks more like prove of concept like how where everyone is and small text on what to do next but not much in content yet.
I hate freeroam, unless it has a nice hint system that trivializes it and makes you wonder why the fuck it has freeroam to begin with, but I guess I'll give it a try, since it's a v0.1 I don't think it would take much time to play through it (I hope). Is it grindy? Or is one of those linear freeroam games that you just need to talk to people to progress through it, without having to repeat actions?

• Thinking Face

Dependable_223

Engaged Member
Jan 3, 2019
I hate freeroam, unless it has a nice hint system that trivializes it and makes you wonder why the fuck it has freeroam to begin with, but I guess I'll give it a try, since it's a v0.1 I don't think it would take much time to play through it (I hope). Is it grindy? Or is one of those linear freeroam games that you just need to talk to people to progress through it, without having to repeat actions?
I think it is going to be one of those freeroam where you can talk to them at different places and try raise their trust / lust points i only hope is that after more events gets added that the day dont reset back to 0 like it does now. Right now i have only be able to raise the mom to 1 only to have that reset back to 0 after you go to sleep. not sure what happens when you get more trust points like say 10 or higher and it still reset back to 0 maybe the develeoper should mentions how this is going to effect the gameplay in the long run if this is the case.

PixelRepublic

Donor
Jun 4, 2017
I think it is going to be one of those freeroam where you can talk to them at different places and try raise their trust / lust points i only hope is that after more events gets added that the day dont reset back to 0 like it does now. Right now i have only be able to raise the mom to 1 only to have that reset back to 0 after you go to sleep. not sure what happens when you get more trust points like say 10 or higher and it still reset back to 0 maybe the develeoper should mentions how this is going to effect the gameplay in the long run if this is the case.
It's grindy as fuck. Also, your trust/lust scores with characters seem to decay every day, making it even more annoying.

I seriously don't understand the fucking sense behind it.

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
I'm torn, Ennoch says the game is great, but PixelRepublic says it's garbage... Should I try it right now? Or just put it at the end of my backlog?
i'm Team-PR..but..i'm also Team-Ennoch..so brain hurty!!!! SO..i split the difference..saw that Deeper has blueballed for a couple years straight and been a total fubar and said "fuck no..buh bye"

Dependable_223

Engaged Member
Jan 3, 2019
It's grindy as fuck. Also, your trust/lust scores with characters seem to decay every day, making it even more annoying.

I seriously don't understand the fucking sense behind it.
I think this create negative things especially if more characters gets added in later on. and mc is forced to spend his time more wisely etc.. This gonna suck in long run though. unles you gain more points then only 1 per interaction.. i think developer real y needs to find a good balance soon.

If things seem to out of balance it will soon require a cheat just to play this game properly.. Especially if your gonna lose some of the girls when you need to interact with other characters.

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
OK giving up for now. This game is such a mess. I'm at 30% energy (red bar) and can't sleep because "I'm not tired", I advance time an hour at a time until I'm at 0% and still can't sleep because apparently "I'm not tired".

It's almost like the game is fighting its hardest to be unplayable as it can be.

Me: I want to play this game.
Game: No!

2.50 star(s) 8 Votes