Ren'Py Abandoned Hopeless Infatuation [v0.1.2] [Thundorn Games]

2.50 star(s) 8 Votes

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
I'm just in for the girls. For me everything below russian grind level is between fine and tolerable. The hatred toward freeroam is excessive. The hate hails from russian grind type games with freeroam and it spills over everything else without any real reason behind it. Some freeroam adds like an extra 5-10 minutes to a 30 min game and that is enough for some to go ballistic over it.

That being said, i don't care much about game mechanics unless they totally ruin the lewds. This is an intro. I didn't expect anything from it. I simply find the girls hot a fuck for my taste. Thats it.

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
For me everything below russian grind level is between fine and tolerable. The hatred toward freeroam is excessive. The hate hails from russian grind type games with freeroam and it spills over everything else without any real reason behind it. Some freeroam adds like an extra 5-10 minutes to a 30 min game and that is enough for some to go ballistic over it.
So how do you feel about the freeroam in this game?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Canto Forte

Thundorn

Dec 31, 2017
The free roam system is in place to allow the player to do things in whatever order they want. As its content light right now that might seem like a pointless mechanic to some people but in a couple of updates the benefits will become more apparent.

The -1 value on trust is intentional. In future updates the player will be able to earn multiple trust points with each character so a -1 wont have much impact. I will take a look at it and see if it's worth removing that until more points can be earned.

Characters are indeed invisible in certain locations. That will be resolved in the next update. It's not a bug per-se its just renders I haven't had time to do yet.

The remarkable hate from a couple of people is quite amusing. I don't really understand why. I'm a hobbyist developer who writes games and videos in the few hours of free time I have each week because it makes me happy. I haven't asked you for anything, and I'm not beholden to you. I just share my games because I like people to play them. I have a subscribestar page which if people choose to donate on I am always grateful but it's not required to play. If you want to waste energy getting angry about it that's entirely your prerogative of course.

PixelRepublic

Donor
Jun 4, 2017
The free roam system is in place to allow the player to do things in whatever order they want. As its content light right now that might seem like a pointless mechanic to some people but in a couple of updates the benefits will become more apparent.

The -1 value on trust is intentional. In future updates the player will be able to earn multiple trust points with each character so a -1 wont have much impact. I will take a look at it and see if it's worth removing that until more points can be earned.

Characters are indeed invisible in certain locations. That will be resolved in the next update. It's not a bug per-se its just renders I haven't had time to do yet.

The remarkable hate from a couple of people is quite amusing. I don't really understand why. I'm a hobbyist developer who writes games and videos in the few hours of free time I have each week because it makes me happy. I haven't asked you for anything, and I'm not beholden to you. I just share my games because I like people to play them. I have a subscribestar page which if people choose to donate on I am always grateful but it's not required to play. If you want to waste energy getting angry about it that's entirely your prerogative of course.
You said this before:
356561_Deeper-Status.png

I just don't understand, when support for your previous "HUGE undertaking" free-roam game, has been lacking, and you don't have much time to work on your game(s), why you would take on another "HUGE undertaking".

What is going to happen, is exactly what happened with Deeper, we'll be waiting months between updates. When they come, because of the workload required by free-roam games, they will be lacking any meaningful content. And a year from now, we still won't be seeing a product that any of us would want to support.

Free-roam games can be good. But too many devs take them on thinking they can make it a success. But as you have seen, it is not as easy as it looks, which boggles my mind why you're doing it again.

Create a VN, something with a much lighter workload, you'll be able to spend your time on quality content, instead of struggling with a complex system. People will see more content more frequently and will be more inclined to support you.

With your amazing render skills, and ability to tell a story, I'm pretty positive that I would support a VN of yours. But I will never support a project like this, where it's future is so uncertain, just as it was, with Deeper.

Last edited:

Alexis_1

Jun 11, 2018
Difficult navigation. The sandbox takes a lot of time. It is better to convert the game into a kinetic story.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I will say the girls are fantastic and it looks gorgeous but I just couldn't "click" with the MC.

That's a me issue not the game though, still worth checking out if you are on the fence.

Kendra Denimore

Donor
Jul 13, 2017
Ok, I just have to say, that it's nice to see some different models in use... The sister looks awesome as fuck (love the preview image of her in the bikini) and it's REALLY nice to see a "mom" that hasn't been so overused, that she feels like a Tijuana Hooker on Fleet Day in San Diego...

gamersglory

Xpression Games
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2017
Thought Deeper had some potential. Free Roam games are not a well-practiced science here in adult games

Last edited:
  • Haha

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Ahhh, shit, nevermind.

Just seen it's the dev of Deeper so either he's working on 2 games which never ends well or one is getting abandoned which never ends well.

Forget what I said earlier, try it at your own risk, not having people rage at me for telling them to play a game that may end up dead.

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
Ahhh, shit, nevermind.

Just seen it's the dev of Deeper so either he's working on 2 games which never ends well or one is getting abandoned which never ends well.

Forget what I said earlier, try it at your own risk, not having people rage at me for telling them to play a game that may end up dead.
i always forgive you your derp..but i'm otherworldly....previous history always weighs heavily on my thoughts going in...

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
You should really engage in a relationship with this young sweet candy cane babe deep game while it is young ... avoid shacking with the behemoth when you kiss and let go as soon as you see another sweet wide eyed game;)

• Haha
Reactions: Avaron1974

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
You should really engage in a relationship with this young sweet candy cane babe deep game while it is young ... avoid shacking with the behemoth when you kiss and let go as soon as you see another sweet wide eyed game;)
Canto, hunni, I don't know if anyone has ever told you this but you are weird as fuck.

Don't ever change.

2.50 star(s) 8 Votes