Ren'Py Abandoned Hopeless Infatuation [v0.1.2] [Thundorn Games]

2.50 star(s) 8 Votes

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
Well, it is 0.1.
Yeah a 0.1 is supposed to be good enough, long enough that it grabs my attention and makes me want to see/help it get completed. Not be like "delete this garbage". Its like a teaser for a movie. Its supposed to be so good that it gets me emotionally and mentally invested into a game/character that I have/want to see what happens next. Just like a first date is supposed to lead to a desire for a 2nd date. Not have me trying to figure out how I can sneak out of the place without her seeing me ghost. This does none of that.

Sorry for taking it all out on this particular game but to me it just seems like so many new releases aren't worth the download. To many "games" that are literally just a proof of concept with a bare minimum of effort on the creators part. How can he honestly expect anyone to contribute to him or his game if he doesn't put any effort into it? Just boggles my mind

Redeemed

May 3, 2017
ok the renders are awesome, however the actual gameplay is very unintuitive, too many menus, too many rooms, too much free roam with actually no content

my advise, streamline it... hard

Last edited:

ijako3

Sep 6, 2017
I didn't like the other game from this dev it was pretty iffy in my opnion, but this one looks better already, but still with some troubles when it comes to gameplay.

PervyBetty

Apr 4, 2017
I love mom/sis games and these two look amazing. Also wanted to see that fit ginger but the game crashed helping mom with dinner. Worth at least keeping an eye on this.

Reactions: Markuss

fuckyouassholes

Nov 27, 2018
Thundorn i LOVE your game "deeper" and fully understand that it's an intense project, which will take time.

and i'm very happy you're making this game !

loving the girls , they're so gorgeous !

do you mind if i ask about the scope and span of this game ?

like how long do you plan to develop this before releasing a final version ?

once again, you are an AWESOME dev and your renders are scintillating !

thank you !

batman666

Donor
Jun 18, 2017
Awesome render quality. But it has so little content and the fact that this is another Slonique-like case where a dev puts other games on hold or works on several games simulteneously... by now, there have been too many games that have drawn me in with 0.1s that offer half an hour+ on content with good quality. I gotta divide my attention as a player and I'd rather keep an eye on games that really show how passionate a dev is by dropping an awesome first release. This is not even a demo. This is a teaser. A fucking hot teaser with awesome chicks but how does that help if I need to wait another 3 months to get a version that has 10+ minutes of playtime...

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
Sorry for taking it all out on this particular game but to me it just seems like so many new releases aren't worth the download. To many "games" that are literally just a proof of concept with a bare minimum of effort on the creators part. How can he honestly expect anyone to contribute to him or his game if he doesn't put any effort into it? Just boggles my mind
I think for me it's even more frustrating when the game is bad but with such good graphics. If the gameplay is fixed, and the storyline improved, this is a game that could still find success. But it boggles my mind too that devs can be happy putting out a game like this.

This game and Midnight Paradise are pretty much in the same boat. Good looking game, but borderline unplayable because of gameplay design decisions. It really showed how it's so much easier to make a game looks good, but it's a completely different ball game on how to make a good gameplay design, and it's even more difficult to write a good story so that the players would be engaged.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Well, this looks good, but after reading the comments, I'll try it again in about a year if several updates put some content into the game and people don't warn about the needlessly boring grind and tedious free-roam.

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
No incest tag? Given the plot description I would have thought that was a given.

But ya so many of these .1 games never get to a .6

It's hard today to get invested in anything that hasn't been in development for awhile or from a team with a history of completed games.

Reactions: Zans

Zans

Nov 17, 2016
Looks really good. hope to see development go as smooth as those ... ahem ... 'art assets'

Reactions: Pippone

Meridian

Jan 24, 2018
Very nice renders but gameplay is cancer inducing. Interactable stuff in rooms should be highlighted all the time not just when you hover mouse over it. Rooms should have an indicator showing if any character is there at the moment. Some kind of quest log or journal with hints is needed to let you know what to do to advance. Without this stuff the game is just frustrating.

Reactions: MoreLinks
2.50 star(s) 8 Votes