Ren'Py Abandoned Hopeless Infatuation [v0.1.2] [Thundorn Games]

2.50 star(s) 8 Votes

NeroZee

Jun 24, 2018
Not really stoked about the developer working on more than 1 game at a time, especially not if you don't have a team the size of MrDots or something, probably will wait a few more updates before checking it out.

Vojvoda

Mar 21, 2019
if you want our help read what we find bugs and fix ! in living room i want to talk with sister game tell me that i am too tired and when i go to my room to sleep click on bed game tell me i am not tired now ! am i or am i not tired this is the question ???

Vojvoda

Mar 21, 2019
chose just talk or nevermind ? click on just talk or nothing happend or i have to chose nevermind !!!

jnada

Oct 28, 2018
The free roam system is in place to allow the player to do things in whatever order they want. As its content light right now that might seem like a pointless mechanic to some people but in a couple of updates the benefits will become more apparent.

The -1 value on trust is intentional. In future updates the player will be able to earn multiple trust points with each character so a -1 wont have much impact. I will take a look at it and see if it's worth removing that until more points can be earned.

Characters are indeed invisible in certain locations. That will be resolved in the next update. It's not a bug per-se its just renders I haven't had time to do yet.

The remarkable hate from a couple of people is quite amusing. I don't really understand why. I'm a hobbyist developer who writes games and videos in the few hours of free time I have each week because it makes me happy. I haven't asked you for anything, and I'm not beholden to you. I just share my games because I like people to play them. I have a subscribestar page which if people choose to donate on I am always grateful but it's not required to play. If you want to waste energy getting angry about it that's entirely your prerogative of course.
Dont listen to the haters, the renders on this game are amazing. Really like the sandbox aspect.
Game looks really promising, keep doing what you do, loved what i saw in deeper so looking forward to this one too

Reactions: Pippone

Phil52

Dec 19, 2017
The renders are not up to some other games out atm, a simple trick dev can do if they dont have the processing of a good GPU Is too make the render larger than it needs to be then shrink it down to the needed size it helps remove a lot of the noise. Using DAZ to do the renders it comes down to the lighting more lights more GPU needed

Reactions: Sultos

Quaszog55

Oct 4, 2017
Another untalented developer. Rollback is disabled, preferences/options are not available in game. Decrypting game files makes the game crash on default. Sorry, there NEVER IS, WAS, NOR WILL BE a good reason to PERMANENTLY disable rollback and the options in a ren'py game. If i miss a dialogue, because i double click by accident, i need to reload the game.
And believe me this 'quit' button just looks to tasty to miss.

Last edited:

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Another untalented developer. Rollback is disabled, preferences/options are not available in game. Decrypting game files makes the game crash on default. Sorry, there NEVER IS, WAS, NOR WILL BE a good reason to PERMANENTLY disable rollback and the options in a ren'py game. If i miss a dialogue, because i double click by accident, i need to reload the game.
And believe me this 'quit' button just looks to tasty to miss.
Take a chill pill there, dude. It's 0.1. Air your concerns, sure, but next time be less douchey about it. No need to harangue the dev.

Reactions: jnada

Vrijgeest

Engaged Member
Jun 16, 2019
Best of luck to you on your game love the renders, however grind and stats and what not aren't for me.
Entirely agree. When you see a map or a list of places to visit you know it is a grind. There are enough of those.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Entirely agree. When you see a map or a list of places to visit you know it is a grind. There are enough of those.
Not always - Willy D, FILF and Milfy City have maps, but aren't grinds.

Vrijgeest

Engaged Member
Jun 16, 2019
Which should not be required in a good designed game. It is pure laziness on the the dev's part as he has run out of ideas.

PixelRepublic

Donor
Jun 4, 2017
I have to chime in here again, and I really hope you read this, Thundorn, because I do really love your ability to create amazing visuals and interesting stories.

Let me preface this by saying, as a creative, I know how much it can sting, to spend a countless amount of hours creating a thing that you're really proud of, just to have to it demolished by those it is designed for. It's not nice, but it is always going to happen. I learned the hard way that you have to just suck it up, take in what is being said (good or bad), learn from it and try to do better.

I didn't really hold any punches when bashing this game and it was mostly because of your decision making, with taking on another free-roam game. While it's been on my mind, I stand by what I said.

You said this before:
View attachment 344611

I just don't understand, when support for your previous "HUGE undertaking" free-roam game, has been lacking, and you don't have much time to work on your game(s), why you would take on another "HUGE undertaking".

What is going to happen, is exactly what happened with Deeper, we'll be waiting months between updates. When they come, because of the workload required by free-roam games, they will be lacking any meaningful content. And a year from now, we still won't be seeing a product that any of us would want to support.

Free-roam games can be good. But too many devs take them on thinking they can make it a success. But as you have seen, it is not as easy as it looks, which boggles my mind why you're doing it again.

Create a VN, something with a much lighter workload, you'll be able to spend your time on quality content, instead of struggling with a complex system. People will see more content more frequently and will be more inclined to support you.

With your amazing render skills, and ability to tell a story, I'm pretty positive that I would support a VN of yours. But I will never support a project like this, where it's future is so uncertain, just as it was, with Deeper.
But I wanted to expand on it...

I did that because I do love what you create (apart from the free-roam mechanics), and I would love to see you do more. People will complain when they like a thing but want it better. It's when they're silent, that you should be worried.

I know you might not value the opinions of those in a pirate forum. But please, mate, don't make the mistake of painting everyone with that brush. There are a good amount of us, myself included, that go on to support games we like. Look at this site as a pool of people you have to win over; potential supporters. It might only be 5% (?) of them, but that's still big when you look at the views on this thread, 47 thousand (at the time of this post).

You don't have to create this huge expansive story to see success. There have been so many developers that made it by keeping things simple, knowing their limits, but maintaining a consistent level of quality that kept people coming back for more.

You being on SubscriberStar might be a kick in the balls, but it's not purgatory, you haven't been banished or forgotten. Patreon is not the center of the universe. You have many avenues to promote yourself and your game(s), this site being just one of many.

Just please, keep at it, try to take heed of the pages of replied here, as difficult as it might be, it's a resource that you should be exploiting.

Best of luck mate, I really mean it.

PS: A VN of this game or Deeper would be fucking amazing, seriously!

Last edited:
2.50 star(s) 8 Votes