3.80 star(s) 97 Votes

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
You guys can complain about the update all you want, but the dev won't hear you because the pile of cash he is sitting on is so tall your weak insignificant voices can't reach.

This is the 4th game he has in active concurrent development.

All four have separate contracted artists, while he manages the projects and is involved in the plot and dialogue, and probably does at least some of the development.

Meanwhile he takes in nearly $20K/month just from patreon.
Take away taxes and platform fees, that's still $15K. I'll be generous and say that the artists an other support staff are getting $5K of that between them a month.

I don't begrudge the dev any of the benefits of this situation - he's cracked the code, found the secret of life. No-one forces the public to throw money his way.

If he can keep the patrons happy even with just tiny update releases like this once every few months, good job!

It's probably even a net-positive from a marketing perspective, because it bumps the game up to the top of the "new updates" list for even more visibility.

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
Yeah I tried doing all this and I am a software engineer BTW and it's not working if you have a arm mac. how I get around it is used UTM to run windows 11 on a VM. But it's slow. Hopefully that helps
FWIW, it runs on my M1 MBPro. Crashes at startup, but after a few tries it behaves. Saving often is recommended.
YMMV.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
how do i get my save from the previous update to this one? i don't want to do the whole game again
For most RPGM games, you can copy the save files from one install version to the next. Look in the /www/saves/ folder.

If there have been changes to the save file format, it might not work. There is no way to tell or manually upgrade, inter-version compatibility or auto-upgrade has to be done correctly by the dev.

rip_bacon

May 23, 2023
For most RPGM games, you can copy the save files from one install version to the next. Look in the /www/saves/ folder.

If there have been changes to the save file format, it might not work. There is no way to tell or manually upgrade, inter-version compatibility or auto-upgrade has to be done correctly by the dev.
idk why i don't have the "saves" file in my games maybe it's because it's winrar

XProudNoobX

Nov 2, 2020
You guys can complain about the update all you want, but the dev won't hear you because the pile of cash he is sitting on is so tall your weak insignificant voices can't reach.

This is the 4th game he has in active concurrent development.

All four have separate contracted artists, while he manages the projects and is involved in the plot and dialogue, and probably does at least some of the development.

Meanwhile he takes in nearly $20K/month just from patreon.
Take away taxes and platform fees, that's still $15K. I'll be generous and say that the artists an other support staff are getting $5K of that between them a month.

I don't begrudge the dev any of the benefits of this situation - he's cracked the code, found the secret of life. No-one forces the public to throw money his way.

If he can keep the patrons happy even with just tiny update releases like this once every few months, good job!

It's probably even a net-positive from a marketing perspective, because it bumps the game up to the top of the "new updates" list for even more visibility.
Very very sheety tactics indeed, great potential game got wasted for milking money

Reactions: ivo12345
3.80 star(s) 97 Votes