3.80 star(s) 93 Votes

JR_001

Jul 1, 2017
Looks like the Remaster/Redesign fad strikes again. Man, I hope the developers get over this trend as it's so damn unproductive. I sure as hell wouldn't want to foot the bill as a sub. :mad:

Frank Stein

Oct 29, 2020
Siren (game developer) wants to embrace the world. Many projects at the same time: House Chores, On Edge, Zombie Retreat 2, Town of Passion... He doesn't give priority to any game. It takes months to release an update, and almost no content. Disappointing.

maurice68

Jul 25, 2017
well to say that there is nothing added on is not totally fair from what I read on other download site
but it looks like it is more tweaks and add ons than actual content

"

Info: House Chores is a visual novel where you experience the story of a young man on his summer vacation. Problems arise when he begins to see someone close to him in a much different manner. To make matters worse, two unexpected guests barge in and complicate this messy summer even further!
Can you score it big during your summer vacation? Or will you start the school year empty handed?

0.6.9 Changelog
Major Scenes added:
Linda Handjob (Nude Variation)
Linda Sex (Bun & Long Hair Variation)
On-Screen Scene added:
Linda Sex (Living Room/Morning)
Busts Updated:
Linda
Locations Added:
Emily’s Bedroom
New Clickables:
Emily @ Computer Desk
Linda (Night on Bed)
== New Content ==
Beta 0.6.9 aims to fix up some of the backlog of art that has been needing completion while also preparing for the eventual
update for Emily.
The bust redesigns for the trio have also been fully complete now. This was done to help accomadate the slightly new art
style as well as future-proofing all characters with expressions & costumes.
To help add a bit more substance to NSFW content, Linda’s general interactions have been expanded with new variations to
her handjob scene as well as a brand new interaction in the morning when her relationship has exceeded a certain amount.
You can now properly visit her at night to begin the sex scene without any placeholder textboxes as well.
Linda also has a new variation to her sex scene at night on repeated visits. It’s just a small bonus option that I felt
looked pretty nice!
== Other Misc Changes ==
– Added plugin that shows thumbnails on save screen (so you can visually see where you last saved at)
– Fixed up the save screen a little (will continue to be tweaked & improved in future updates)"

Reactions: Saint Blackmoor

exirock

Game Developer
May 4, 2018
Siren is making too many projects at same time, he should be making max 2 games, cause by having so many games at same time, the content of the update for those games is reduced drasticly so that he can develop the updates, with so many games leads to people to be unhappy with the development most of the time cause they expecting atleast a decent update, this house chores update was a failure, the stuff on this update was stuff that should have been in the last update but it didnt make cause they had to release something to keep the page alive.

lexxus

Oct 18, 2016
This update mainly fills in some missing artwork and speeds up the replay of other events. Overall its worth the download I think.

Also this was the side project.It was specified many times that this game was always gonna get the back-burner treatment so rather than 5-mins for three months wait its more like 5-mins for an on and off 2 weeks of work over three months,which,unless your a patreon, shouldn't bother anyone.

Rragga12

Jan 28, 2021
Give Siren a break would you? He has to re-write the whole code and replace the visuals as well. This is a lot of background work, so these 3 lines of changes is just a tip of a huge iceberg which you completely ignore. Let him work, I have no doubt that Siren will deliver a good game when the technical issues are solved.

kratoscar2008

Sep 28, 2018
Give Siren a break would you? He has to re-write the whole code and replace the visuals as well. This is a lot of background work, so these 3 lines of changes is just a tip of a huge iceberg which you completely ignore. Let him work, I have no doubt that Siren will deliver a good game when the technical issues are solved.
Yeah I mean for one they have been clear that this game is low on the list of priorities, then the artist left and in order to avoid inconsistent artsyles they redid everything. Its honestly comendable not like DC who has been worsening the art with the excuse of faster updates but still takes more than half a year to release shit.
Anyways hope Siren focuses more on Sexy Quest, that one is awesome.

Jun 28, 2020
There is a thing where if you take on too much at once, everything starts getting neglected and stalled. Thats what is happening here. SD isn't pulling a patreon grab like some other devs do as they have a history of finishing games. However, I think they are trying to do too much. Even with the redesign and such, 3 months is a very long time to replace just a few assets with the new artist's work. Code redesigns being a thing as well seems incredibly implausible considering not *that* much was changed in it to warrant a 3 month wait. It's not like they are rebuilding the game in a completely different engine.

TLDR: SD is trying to do too much at once.

Reactions: cooldude33

nweiss

Nov 12, 2017
Just my personal observation: the fact he's undertaken multiple project, each one with different art style indicated the game making isn't the problem, the progress was halted by artists, which is excusable, making 2-D animated artwork take time...

lexxus

Oct 18, 2016
in the time between releases of this game, this dev finished off one major project and released solid updates for the next (a sequel to the previous one) So I'd hardly call that milking. As one of his patreons, I'm fairly satisfied with the regular content created.

Its as was mentioned before, this game is not a priority and never was. they specifically said as much with the first release.

Also a side note to the bean counters. Funding services like patreon and subscribstar take a sufficient portion of the revenue based on what gets put in. consider it 40 cents for every one dollar tier and 3.50 for every 5 tier makes it to the dev, basically the more lower tier supporters you have the less you actually make even though the total amount is whats presented it can vary wildly depending on what tier of supporters you have more of.

Not all creators are solely motivated by cashflow but the investor/crowdfund services definitely are!

3.80 star(s) 93 Votes