3.90 star(s) 19 Votes

Applekid

Jun 20, 2017
I didn't have major problems with it like others, playing in VR, other than no mapping for the Index controllers to switch from gentle to rough. Otherwise pretty immersive and seemingly less boring than a lot of other VR experiences.

Watching through it was very slow, though, so I don't think I'll give it another play through, even though I kind of wish I changed Rachel's default appearance before I started.

HuangAzen

Jul 6, 2020
I'm not sure what happened. I was once able to play this game. Then, I reinstalled my system. Now I can't play it at all. Same computer, same windows version.

I execute the houseguest.exe file and a option dialog come out. <Wave to me>, <you are beautiful>, <take off your pants>, <skip>, these are the only 4 option I can see. only up, down, w, s 4 keys can work. all other keys do not responding. I can move mouse to see surranding but mouse buttons do not work. I even tried to change region to US and still not work.

Anyway, I don't think DEV is reading this post at all. I am just here to complain.

=============================================================================

Fuck DEV, I finally solved your problem.

to all players:
if you have never run this game on your computer before, you are lucky.

just remember to turn off the microphone on your computer before you execute the houseguest.exe game file.

if you have run this this game, follow the below steps to make sure to the game has a fresh start.

first, delete the settings, usually under c:\users\<your user name>\AppData\LocalLow, find a folder called HFTGames and delete it.
you don't need to erase this folder from recycle bin. just delete it from the location above would do the job.

then, this is the tricky part:

WARMING:
THIS COULD DO <UN-RECOVERABLE> DAMAGE TO YOUR WINDOWS SYSTEM IF DO IT WRONG
PLEASE DOBLE CHECK, EVEN TRIPLE CHECK BEFORE YOU EXECUTE THE DELETE COMMAND

1. type regedit in the search box. This should bring out a search result call reg editor or something similar.
(I'm not using english windows, sry)

2. go to the exact location down below to find the data
COMPUTER\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE

3. find a folder called HFTGames and right click on it

4. check you are in right location and click on the correct folder

5. make sure you have done step 4

6. choose delete

7. check again

8. execute the delete

9. restart your computer

10. turn off your computer microphone

11. execute the houseguest.exe and enjoy the game.

Once you can see the <new game> menu, you can exit the game and turn on your computer microphone if you want to. The game will can run without any trouble from voice recognition .

Last edited:

Sierraxx

Sep 17, 2017
Played this through virtual desktop on a Quest 2.

Absolutely amazing VR game. No complicated inputs, and the voice controls worked most of the time, leaving my hands free and making it super immersive. Definitely a slow burn game, but if you have the time/patience to sit down and experience it, I highly recommend.

SimpleMind666

Oct 12, 2020
Hi, I fixed the bug with the inability to select buttons.

Enjoy! :)

1. Assembly-CSharp.7z - just fix a bug.
2. Fix+FreeCam.7z - Free camera anywhere (Press F12 to toggle)
Can you tell how can I run the .dll fixes? This game has never worked on my PC, so I was hoping the fixes would help. But if I can't apply the fixes, I'm still stuck here....
Thankx!

xXx GAMELOVER

Feb 25, 2018

HowTo

1. Download a archive.
2. Unzip it to folder \House Guest\HouseGuest_Data\Managed
3. Play
Thanks, was unplayable with out this ur a LEGEND

Lagharto

Feb 23, 2020

HowTo

1. Download a archive.
2. Unzip it to folder \House Guest\HouseGuest_Data\Managed
3. Play
This worked fine to me after deleting the folder in \Appdata\LocalLow (I tried this game before the fix).

rostabu

Mar 8, 2019
either my computer is incredibly slow or author added tons of clock ticks to make the thing last longer than it should, as far as memory Im running 32gb OS is running off a 1tb ssd I have a nvidea1030 (only 2gb but... )and Im running a multicore processor... I don't see a reason it should be from 3 to 8 minutes between scenes unless I'm doing something wrong

• Haha
Reactions: zeldagamernl

SoberSphagghett

Sep 14, 2018
You're searching for images of the adgective "gorgeous"
Did you mean?: "nerdy" "skinny" "obnoxious" "lacking taste" "basic" "bland" or even just "dead inside"?

str8up

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2020
well now heres something you dont see everyday good news is at least bug fix fixes the buttons issues image_2022-07-16_061511565.png

Reactions: M i L
3.90 star(s) 19 Votes