VN Ren'Py Abandoned House of Seduction (Remastered) [v1 Part 2] [Horny Hydra Games]

3.50 star(s) 2 Votes
Oct 4, 2017
Those animations and menus... I'm sorry, but no. I seem to use this analogy a lot for giving feedback to games but it also holds true here: This is like an overzealous webpage from the 90's - just because you can doesn't mean you should.

RenPy menus (and features, like rollback) work because they're instant and tuned for functionality - and a bonus is the easy of use coming from/to other RenPy based games. You've basically tossed all that away to make menus that might look good once but is just f*cking annoying every single time thereafter.

The game as a package would be far better with the standard RenPy "look" and featureset.

Reactions: evlbruce

Rycharde's Realm

Jan 17, 2018
Regarding the name "Oops". This is a nickname that some of the characters use to refer to the MC. The reason for this name will be explained in an upcoming chapter of the story. So no, it's not a typo.
Gotcha. Should be some kinda explanation though the thought of some form of nick did occur to me but was quickly thrown away.

DrkShark

May 17, 2018
Those animations and menus... I'm sorry, but no. I seem to use this analogy a lot for giving feedback to games but it also holds true here: This is like an overzealous webpage from the 90's - just because you can doesn't mean you should.

RenPy menus (and features, like rollback) work because they're instant and tuned for functionality - and a bonus is the easy of use coming from/to other RenPy based games. You've basically tossed all that away to make menus that might look good once but is just f*cking annoying every single time thereafter.

The game as a package would be far better with the standard RenPy "look" and featureset.
Exactly my thoughts. The menus look nice and all but they get old really fast.
There is no reason to remove the rollback feature just to put the log, since you can use the log from the quick menu.
And for the love of god dont limit the save slots xD. I usually use the saves as a gallery since most games dont do a good job implementing those if at all :(.

Reactions: Orlox and Valeck

MajorDespair

May 26, 2019
like it so far, never played the old unity one so all new to me, kinda agree with comments on interface though, looks nice but can get a bit old fast, it maybe ok to leave it if u just add rollback however, for me at least.

Reactions: SoiCowboy

qyx455

Dec 3, 2018
Hey everyone, we've been reading through your comments, and I gotta say we are really pleased that they have been mostly very positive. Thank you all (positive AND negative commenters) for taking the time and interest to give us some feedback. We really appreciate it.

Just a couple of things to add here.

1. This intro release is the original introduction to the story that we wanted to do from the start. So, even though the game says "remastered", this release is actually almost all new material.

2. For all those who are hating on Elaine right now for being a hard ass toward the MC, you don't know what's been going on between them. That's not your fault, because we haven't told you the backstory, except in little bits and pieces, in dribs and drabs. Basically, the MC has been a total waste of space for the last five years. The death of his guardian, John, really hit him hard, and sent him into a tailspin for a long time. Elaine, Sally, and Kate are all at their wit's end with him, trying to get him to start living his life again, and get himself back on track. Plus, Elaine is in financial straits, and is about to lose her house. That's why she is acting the way she is toward him. But be patient, this is only the introduction, there's lots more to come.
Hmm... a total waste of space... VERY magnanimous!! Personally, I would've described him as a whiny, self-serving, immature, excessively hormonal, emotionally stunted, mentally disturbed, utterly useless piece of disgusting tissue... but there again, that's just 'my' opinion :) As the old saying goes, opinions are like assholes, everybody has one... <some are just noisier than others> :) Oh, and for the sake of argument, masturbation only works as a way of focusing/clearing one's mind if you have very little mind to begin with :) Peace :) Oh, I forgot to mention... beautiful renders, nicely done! :) Love the Elaine model! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: getink

negative1

Jun 5, 2017
Holy crap this game tried to give me cancer. The MC is a useless spineless POS, and the women in this game are all crazy bitches. There are no redeeming qualities to any of them. I could not purge this off my drive fast enough.

Reactions: Valeck

Valeck

Aug 16, 2017
Well MC really is a spineless pos and I can't say that I like the personality of the girls.
And this Oops thing I liked even less.
I hope these things change soon and the mc grow some balls because I liked the models.

Baharomont

Aug 28, 2017
Mmmm... Dev, can i ask?
I not undestend, why only Intro? O_O
And more... If it ReMastered why Name is the Same and Ungine too? O_O

Madbadbutajoytoknow

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2018
One of things we wanted to do was add the intro back into game. With the switch to Ren'py from Unity this has given us the chance to do that. Also we couldn't possibly redo all the existing art work in one go, that would take months to complete.

We did consider a name change but we ran a poll on Patreon and the vote was for keeping the name.

Nerttu

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
I do that and it tells me SyntaxError: invaild syntax
I just tried to type what so ever in CONSOLE and it NEVER game me "SyntaxError" message, all kind of "Invalid" this and that, but NEVER that SyntaxError !!!!!!

3.50 star(s) 2 Votes