Ren'Py Abandoned House On The Hill [Ep.1] [TacoHoleStory]

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote

EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
banner_f95_secret_title_no_one_will_see_hi.png

Story intro:
I feel like a complete tool. I’ve been seeing Melissa for a while now, and I'm sure I'm being played. Every time we see each other, she gets me all worked up, makes an excuse and then bails. I’m not sure whether she’s worth all of this, but I’ll be damned if I don’t close the deal. Hey, don’t judge me. It’s been a while. My roommate isn’t helping my frustration either. Ever since starting her new IT consulting job she's been acting strange. I mean, she always acts strange, but not like this. And there’s something about the way she looks at me now. It’s just, different. It’s time to change things and take back control. But first I need to get some answers.

Game overview:
This is a choice based, sandbox game with point and click mechanics. This game is focused on story but keeps it simple and light on reading.​

Thread Updated: 2021-05-31
Release Date: 2021-05-31
Developer: TacoHoleStory -
Censored
: No
Version: 1.0
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Planned Content:

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win: - - -
Linux: - - -
Mac: - - -
Android: - - -
Others:

Preview 1.jpg Preview 2.jpg Preview 3.5.jpg Preview 3.jpg Preview 4.5.jpg Preview 4.jpg Preview 5.jpg Preview 6.jpg Preview 7.jpg Preview 8.5.jpg Preview 8.jpg Preview 9.jpg Preview 10.jpg

Last edited:

maverih345456

Feb 27, 2018
SO this chapter in this game has everyone naked ,right according to the title card?Also, one doubt what happens in the next visual it will be a lesbian nudist beach where every girls are naked and have sex with each other and no clothing?

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Ok, this is definitely an interesting one. If my girlfriend wasn't giving me none and always coming up with an excuse I'd be frustrated too but also a little on guard. I'll wait and see her reasoning for it first but i have a feeling it's another one of those, "well i was scared you would leave me or lose interest in me if we did it" kind of deal here, maybe.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to trying this and seeing where this whole relationship goes with her.

Reactions: blastwave2k

FartingRainbows

Oct 14, 2019
More than one BBC would be nice :p lol

Just joking, because "Interracial" is mentioned twice in 'Planned Content'. :D

TacoHoleStory

May 11, 2021
SO this chapter in this game has everyone naked ,right according to the title card?Also, one doubt what happens in the next visual it will be a lesbian nudist beach where every girls are naked and have sex with each other and no clothing?

Ok, this is definitely an interesting one. If my girlfriend wasn't giving me none and always coming up with an excuse I'd be frustrated too but also a little on guard. I'll wait and see her reasoning for it first but i have a feeling it's another one of those, "well i was scared you would leave me or lose interest in me if we did it" kind of deal here, maybe.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to trying this and seeing where this whole relationship goes with her.

hey, Dev,

thanks for the Mac version; i'll definitely give it a try.
good luck with your project;

cheers!
No problem :) I have no idea if it works though because I don't own a Mac, so let me know if you have any issues.

hyco2

Sep 15, 2017
I deleted it after a short while.
The difference between playing a game with decisions and clicking wildly to see what happens is a closed book in an antique language for many developers, I think.
Also, the mc is a tool, that is exploited by a not very attractiv bitch (as it seems after just about 5 sentences).

I'd like the game to give me informations in an entertaining way before giving me tasks, and help me make informed decisions.

Point for the game: The walkby of the topless roommate was funny.

Last edited:

TacoHoleStory

May 11, 2021
I deleted it after a short while.
The difference between playing a game with decisions and clicking wildly to see what happens is a closed book in an antique language for many developers, I think.
Also, the mc is a tool, that is exploited by a not very attractiv bitch (as it seems after just about 5 sentences).

I'd like the game to give me informations in an entertaining way before giving me tasks, and help me make informed decisions.

Point for the game: The walkby of the topless roommate was funny.
Fair enough. This style of game is not for everyone. I did try to counteract the wild clicking with an intelligence point system which hints at the area/object you need to click if you press "create a plan", maybe it wasn't enough. The MC does start off as a tool but grows to be more competent as the episodes progress. Thanks for the useful feedback!

Reactions: AmBush-UK

hyco2

Sep 15, 2017
Fair enough. This style of game is not for everyone. I did try to counteract the wild clicking with an intelligence point system which hints at the area/object you need to click if you press "create a plan", maybe it wasn't enough. The MC does start off as a tool but grows to be more competent as the episodes progress. Thanks for the useful feedback!
That's just it: Most of this games need a walkthrough or an explainomatic (like Create a plan). I'd just love to have decisions (as in, different working possibilities) that I make because I had enough information to know what I actually decide. If I need multiple playthroughs or a walkthrough or whatnot, then it just means i had no idea what i was doing and had to try out. This was maybe interesting the first dozen games, but now it is just tiring.
Make no mistake: I don'rt want to be the all-knowing god like mc. But a riddle is a riddle, and a decision is a choice that is grounded in interest and experience. And not save, klick, what the fuck? roll back or load, rinse and repeat.

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
I generally agree.
Unless I see really positive reviews, I usually don't bother downloading anything tagged "sandbox" or "point&click".
What I want is to enjoy a story, preferably one that can vary to some degree based on the choices I make, not try to navigate a map or whatever looking for the next "event" or waving my mouse about looking for the "hot-spot".

I think writers should maybe try to understand why walk-through mods are so popular.
Its not because people are lazy, its because people want to understand what the choices they make actually do and want a nice flow to the story rather than being disjointed.

For example;
'Bad Memories' is fine, the navigating around isn't too annoying or intrusive and generally makes sense.
'My Best-Friend's daughter' is, for me, utterly horrible and unplayable as far as enjoying a story is concerned.
The 'VN' previous to that, 'Room for Rent' was only worth playing because there was a mod that highlighted when and where new 'scenes' were available.

Obviously its ultimately up to the developer, they can do as they please.
But if story telling is the primary objective then just remember that anything that isn't improving the delivery of the story, its actually just making it worse.

Some more specific feedback ...

Screenshot_1.png

Who gives a shit? MC just got laid off, he has bigger problems.
If your partner doesn't understand that then shes not worth your time.

Also I really dislike "quick-time events" even in regular games.
A VN isn't even a game, its supposed to be a 'visual novel'.
Even worse when the 'normal' version has roll-back disabled so when you're caught by surprise when a random QTE shows up you'd be screwed if you didn't have a save.
I'd suggest if you want to make a 'game' then probably don't tag it VN.

Oh btw, "roommate" is code for sibling usually and since they aren't actually sharing a room, that'd make them 'house-mates' unless you're using it as a code-word.
Just pointing that out since the tag that requires the use of said code-word isn't present so far.

Last edited:

TacoHoleStory

May 11, 2021
The few quick time events shouldn't be a problem on normal mode, even if you missed every one you'd be able to complete everything. One QTE doesn't have a negative consequence, it just shows a different path where you didn't speak, I may move more QTE in this direction. I asked the moderators to tag it for me because I was on the fence whether to put VN, I may change this for clarity.

Ntr is planned ??
Will play only if it is ntr free
There won't be NTR in this game.

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote