Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
How do you turn off this Halloween garbage ? (I have the GOG Games version)

View attachment 2200973 View attachment 2200974
It has already been patched out again, update your game files, either through Galaxy or offline installer "1.0.3r2_(64bit)_(59609)"
("1.0.3hw_(64bit)_(59823)" is the one with Halloween decorations)

It may be required to start a new game as well, but I don't think so.

That's sadly how this game works. Eek manually activates and deactivates the holiday decorations with each update.
I hope that they manage to make them optional at some point, also depending on the date, so they don't have to constantly add and remove stuff. At some point there will be a "last" update, right?

ViperOnStation

Nov 29, 2022
It has already been patched out again, update your game files, either through Galaxy or offline installer "1.0.3r2_(64bit)_(59609)"

That's sadly how this game works. Eek manually activates and deactivates the holiday decorations with each update.
I hope that they manage to make them optional at some point, also depending on the date, so they don't have to constantly add and remove stuff. At some point there will be a "last" update, right?
Could you possibly elaborate on what you mean by the "offline installer"?
I also got it through gog-games, so I can't do the Galaxy option unfortunately. Sick of this halloween shit.

Deleted member 2919053

Engaged Member
Oct 3, 2020

I had the 1.0.3hw_(64bit)_(59823) version installed and will now install the 1.0.3r2_(64bit)_(59609) version.
Thanks for the information!

Reactions: Yhfybfhhhf

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
I also got it through gog-games
That's a pirate site? Well, get the new version there then or buy the game.

Could you possibly elaborate on what you mean by the "offline installer"?
The great thing about Gog is, that their games do not need a launcher, they rely on the hope of people being honest enough not to distribute their games. You can download offline installers from their website or also through the Extras section in the launcher.

DojaCatFucker

Feb 6, 2020
Just a quick heads-up for all mod users: apparently, no currently available MelonLoader version (as far as I tested and can tell) is able to run with House Party 1.0.6 - they all result in a crash after the initial logo screen. So even though I already updated my FDC mod to the current Assembly, there's not much I can do until MelonLoader itself gets another update.

Use version 1.0.3 in the meantime.

Reactions: fercyful

DojaCatFucker

Feb 6, 2020
At some point there will be a "last" update, right?
Sadly, nowadays the way it works in the games industry is like this: you need to keep your staff working on a project at any given time - and by that I mean ALL the employees (artists, directors, everyone). Otherwise you're paying people for doing nothing, which isn't profitable. The only alternative then would be to lay them off (which is unfortunately what happens more often than not, if a studio cannot afford the extra work).

So Eek! are now in this weird place where they're starting to work on Office Party, but it's still early in development, so not everyone on the team needs to be involved. What does the rest of the team do? Just sit idly, twiddling their thumbs? Well... they were probably relegated to dish out these (frankly sometimes nonsensical) small updates for House Party.

And as long as Office Party's development isn't in "full swing" so to speak... those "nonsensical" updates will continue.

It's a vicious cycle where the companies just try to come up with new reasons to not fire their employees, and it's kinda disheartening. But this is exactly what happens whenever you grow too big, and get too top-heavy (or blast through all of the money you've earned too quickly, and suddenly realize: oh shit... we kinda still owe to the players).

jatalin

Apr 30, 2022
Just a quick heads-up for all mod users: apparently, no currently available MelonLoader version (as far as I tested and can tell) is able to run with House Party 1.0.6 - they all result in a crash after the initial logo screen. So even though I already updated my FDC mod to the current Assembly, there's not much I can do until MelonLoader itself gets another update.

bad news

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
Sadly, nowadays the way it works in the games industry is like this: you need to keep your staff working on a project at any given time - and by that I mean ALL the employees (artists, directors, everyone).
If they keep adding DLCs, that's true. But they won't do so forever. I was not talking about the next year or so but "sometime" in the feauture, not before Office Party is on the way.

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
Dang, it's a shame I already deleted my installers for 1.03R2. But I kept the ones for the Halloween version, that's something.
Also I managed to make a backup copy of the insalled game :)

Last edited:

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
30page and no save data
can someone share it? i dont have much time to fap
That shows some complete misunderstanding about how the game works.
Sure, let's give you some save data from AFTER the sex scenes :p

If you really just want to see people baning, there ist "intimacy" console command.
Open the console and type "help intimacy" to see how it works.

Reactions: gondar21

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
Latest version here is 1.0.3, where was 1.0.4 & 1.0.5?

4 was alpha, 5 was beta. Only 6 made it to those sites which host only final/stable versions and apparently no one with access to alpha or beta versions was willing to share.
You can never count on all versions making it to a pirate site. If you always want the newest version, you need either to subscribe to Patreon or buy it somewhere, where those are available to the public.

It seems the only purpose of 1.0.3R2 was to remove the Halloween decorations, but it didn't have any significant content or bugfixes.

Reactions: all4stars
3.60 star(s) 64 Votes