ssmatt

Nov 26, 2017
We must be talking about a different game. I am playing this on a laptop (i7-4870, 32GB ram, nvidia 980M processor) and haven't had any of the issues you're describing. Are you playing some pirated version you downloaded on the internet somewhere? Sounds like you have a bitcoin mining bot operating in the background or something. :unsure:

Are you sure it's using your 1070 graphics card and not the Intel graphics on the chip? On the lowest graphics setting this game should get >500fps on that system.
Yeah I don't get it either. I can run this on my laptop also. Of course you have to dial down the settings for a laptop, but it's totally playable. I think these people are just not fiddling with the graphics and expecting it to run on their potatoes.

xht_002

Sep 25, 2018
First of all, no they don't. Most AAA games have quality settings, and some AAA games are super sluggish on max settings and some aren't. Doom has never been a demanding game, and I don't think the graphics in it are anything to write home about. This game runs about the same as Witcher 3 for me, which is pretty demanding on the highest quality, so sure, you can compare it to Doom if you want, but not all games are created equal, and there are many AAA games that are more demanding than Doom.

That being said, aside from the fact that this isn't a AAA game, and expecting AAA performance on a small indie game is a rather interesting thought process to begin with (I'm actually surprised that it performs as well, if not better than Witcher 3), maybe you missed the part where I said it runs like butter on my system? I don't know what to tell you. Maybe this game isn't for you, but I think the models and textures are way more high quality than Doom. You can zoom in super close to them and they have crazy detail. Not so much on Doom. Things get pixelated. I dunno what's going on on your system, but my experience is stellar, and I see other users posting on here about how great it runs and looks.

Have you maybe not played the game in months or something? I remember some older versions not running that well, especially the Alphas, but they tend to smooth out the performance on the stable releases. This new version is super smooth.
i don't expect AAA performance, its a unity engine game, an engine means everything is already coded,

the only way realtime lighting can be messed up compared to any other unity game, is the coder or user has messed up pre-coded engine classes

ssmatt

Nov 26, 2017
i don't expect AAA performance, its a unity engine game, an engine means everything is already coded,

the only way realtime lighting can be messed up compared to any other unity game, is the coder or user has messed up pre-coded engine classes
LMAO. That's not how Unity works. I have used it. You have no idea what you're talking about. I'm done arguing with you. How about this. You make a game better than HP, and sell as many copies and get as good reviews on Steam, and then I'll listen to what you have to say about game dev. Deal?

xht_002

Sep 25, 2018
LMAO. That's not how Unity works. I have used it. You have no idea what you're talking about. I'm done arguing with you. How about this. You make a game better than HP, and sell as many copies and get as good reviews on Steam, and then I'll listen to what you have to say about game dev. Deal?
its how every engine works, the UI just makes the simple things easier todo

house party worked fine up until v10, then it all went down the shitter

Prick

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
DL win 64x...no info about so what is in that 0.8.7 Mod ?
It's a "mod" story, or custom story.
Essentially, if you have 0.8.7, there is an alternative story for the entire game that someone made in their own time. It's labeled by version because it will not work on any version before or beyond it's origin.

Nov 8, 2018
I tried to do this, but nothing works. I can't add dildo to my inventory so I could use it on penguin. I even tried to grab it with hand and then put it in but nothing happens. Is there something wrong with my game, or maybe there is some other option?
We're talking about the Dildo in Ashley's bed? Usually, you can take it without any quest activated... Could you start a completely new game and before even talking to Derek, just run upstairs and take the dildo? If this works, it unfortunately has to do something with your game. If not, I have to examine that closer

Nov 8, 2018
Yeah I don't get it either. I can run this on my laptop also. Of course you have to dial down the settings for a laptop, but it's totally playable. I think these people are just not fiddling with the graphics and expecting it to run on their potatoes.
My game also runs not very smooth, but really, I have a potato (GTX 640 and i5 say everything). I have to use low graphics, but can use medium ones if I don't want to run and walk instead. I am used to a performance like this when playing other games.

So the outcome of this discussion is: Smoother operations = lower graphic settings?! Surprise mother..... . I hoped to get to know an other way to make the game smoother (first Indie game I am playing)

ssmatt

Nov 26, 2017
My game also runs not very smooth, but really, I have a potato (GTX 640 and i5 say everything). I have to use low graphics, but can use medium ones if I don't want to run and walk instead. I am used to a performance like this when playing other games.

So the outcome of this discussion is: Smoother operations = lower graphic settings?! Surprise mother..... . I hoped to get to know an other way to make the game smoother (first Indie game I am playing)
Yeah that's what the other guy isn't getting. I think he's mad because he can't run everything on Ultra, but Ultra is supposed to be for higher end systems. If you have an older system and can run a game on Ultra settings with no issues, it just means the game isn't that demanding graphically to begin with. I can definitely see the fine quality of everything in House Party on Ultra, especially over the previous updates, and I am fine with these kinds of additions because my system handles it fine. But if you don't have a relatively new system, just tweak the settings! It's like they want the devs to tone down the entire game for the sake of the potato players. That's what the settings are for! But yeah, my FPS skyrockets if I turn everything off, and honestly, the game doesn't look that bad even with everything off still.

ssmatt

Nov 26, 2017
its how every engine works, the UI just makes the simple things easier todo

house party worked fine up until v10, then it all went down the shitter

I sorta remembered reading this a while back. I had to scroll back a bit through their Patreon to find this, but it just further proves that you don't know what you're talking about. Eek actually had a full project review by Unity recently, and they are working with Unity directly on optimizing this game, so saying that Eek doesn't know how to use the Unity engine doesn't make any sense if Unity signed off on the way they're doing things. Unless you're saying that Unity doesn't know how to use Unity.. LMAO.

Just use the graphics settings! Sure, this last version is a bit more demanding, but that's the way it's *supposed* to be. I like when games have Ultra settings that are *actually* ultra, and they don't just dumb down everything to work on older systems (like Doom). If I turn off all graphics options, I can run this thing on my 6 year old laptop, so there's no way your system can't handle this game with some adjusted settings. I honestly think that's the mark of great design when you can take advantage of newer systems, but still allow the players to turn everything off to the point where you can play it on any machine.

Reactions: Prick
Nov 8, 2018
Yeah that's what the other guy isn't getting. I think he's mad because he can't run everything on Ultra, but Ultra is supposed to be for higher end systems. If you have an older system and can run a game on Ultra settings with no issues, it just means the game isn't that demanding graphically to begin with. I can definitely see the fine quality of everything in House Party on Ultra, especially over the previous updates, and I am fine with these kinds of additions because my system handles it fine. But if you don't have a relatively new system, just tweak the settings! It's like they want the devs to tone down the entire game for the sake of the potato players. That's what the settings are for! But yeah, my FPS skyrockets if I turn everything off, and honestly, the game doesn't look that bad even with everything off still.
I totally see your point in giving people what they can handle. I guess the deeper problem of the other guy is that the last updates mainly focused on graphics and bug fixes and only little on the story extension. Potato Players (love that word :D) like him may feel somehow disadvantaged due to the slower progress they can perceive, can totally feel him, but from an economical perspective, thats most rational for the devs

But my point was: Is there no other way that a PP like me can boost performance of the game without making the hair of Ashley looking like made with paint? Figured out that not running enhances performance, but anything else?

xht_002

Sep 25, 2018
I totally see your point in giving people what they can handle. I guess the deeper problem of the other guy is that the last updates mainly focused on graphics and bug fixes and only little on the story extension. Potato Players (love that word :D) like him may feel somehow disadvantaged due to the slower progress they can perceive, can totally feel him, but from an economical perspective, thats most rational for the devs

But my point was: Is there no other way that a PP like me can boost performance of the game without making the hair of Ashley looking like made with paint? Figured out that not running enhances performance, but anything else?
get a computer with ddr4 4200 RAM, then wait for house party to switch renderer to vulkan

ssmatt

Nov 26, 2017

For me it seems as if turning off real time shadows and real-time mirrors has the biggest performance benefit, but leave the quality setting on Ultra. Have you tried that?

RubMyEars

Jan 8, 2018
Is there a walkthrough made in the last five years? 0.12.3 would be great, but anything newer than 0.8 is needed.

Nov 8, 2018
Is there a walkthrough made in the last five years? 0.12.3 would be great, but anything newer than 0.8 is needed.
You could look at the wiki. There you find a characters list and the corresponding walkthroughs for 0.12.3 ^^

For me it seems as if turning off real time shadows and real-time mirrors has the biggest performance benefit, but leave the quality setting on Ultra. Have you tried that?
I agree that this has the biggest performance impact, but still it rukkles. Medium is fine, I am not complaining. Just as I followed this discussion I wondered whether you tech genius' had some mind-breaking ideas

get a computer with ddr4 4200 RAM, then wait for house party to switch renderer to vulkan
Would love to be able to afford a new PC :D Shall I open a crowdfunding page? x'DDD

Reactions: bottomfeeder

xht_002

Sep 25, 2018
Would love to be able to afford a new PC :D Shall I open a crowdfunding page? x'DDD
crowdfunding is a waste of time, its all about the quick win slot machine if your in britain on

win £25.000 every 3 minutes

Roach

Jun 21, 2017
Can't pick up the last item for Madisons Sculpture (the red dildo in her closet). It just won't add to my inventory. Tried it with a new Save, nothing works...

Nov 8, 2018
some one have save file?
If you tell me where to find the saved files, I will make them ^^

Can't pick up the last item for Madisons Sculpture (the red dildo in her closet). It just won't add to my inventory. Tried it with a new Save, nothing works...
Its not Madison's dildo you need, its Ashleys. You find it in the skybed under her pillar (nearly exactly above the pencil)

Reactions: Roach
3.60 star(s) 64 Votes