Sebille

Aug 17, 2018
It's still not a complete game, so performance should increase with time.

Also, they've mentioned making a VR version when they near the end of production (and before they start on the sequel), so they'll really need to focus on performance for that. VR is pretty intensive compared to pancake gaming (non VR), as it has to run the game twice at 90fps, instead of once at 60fps (some people do play at 75 fps, 120fps, or 144fps, but they are the minority of gamers).
I sincerely hope you are correct, however I have learned from experience that these things dont actually get better after a certain point, and the developers just stop caring.
An example of this would be The Forest, where the game's optimization remained the same for a significant period of time, until it reached full official release status.

Unfortunately, when it comes to these things, its always "just get better hardware", so I dont have much hope.

p22

Jun 21, 2017
If you have a lot of VRAM and older slower GPU, you can play with low settings and 4K textures and have game look pretty good.

tc23emp

Nov 10, 2017
Does anyone know why The Candyman Can dialogue (weed needed w/ Derek then Frank) is not available after I give 3 natty lites to Ashley as instructed in this guide?:

abbas0775

Jul 2, 2017
Im stuck at "Patrick Part 1". I cant see " [So maybe it's time to tell me what's up with you and Rachael?] " dialog. Help me.

J0hns0n123

Dec 28, 2017
Im stuck at "Patrick Part 1". I cant see " [So maybe it's time to tell me what's up with you and Rachael?] " dialog. Help me.
Has patrick and rachael had a big argument yet? It happens a few minutes after you start the game. You have to let it happen, then ask both of them about it, and then ask patrick if you can help him.

May 22, 2018
(Alpha 8/30/19)
  • Added more of Leah’s story
  • Added bike lock + key
  • Added color filters (grayscale + rage)
  • Added smartphone flashlight
  • Implemented Quick Save Feature (F9)
  • Tweaked combat mechanics
  • Added Dead Snake and updated wearable snake for Frank and Leah
  • Made male player’s shoes and sleeves higher-poly and improved rig
  • Updated interactive items and grabbable body parts with new player rig hand(s)
  • Fixed player’s head and body skin tone not matching
  • Phones and other small items now highlight when they are dropped in the grass so the player can easily find them again
  • Fixed an issue where collision sounds are sometimes played when some items are in the player’s inventory
  • Inventory and Opportunity buttons are now mappable in the control/controller map
  • Fixed an issue with GameStart events not firing correctly sometimes
  • Player.Sit and Player.Laydown events will now have the target bed/chair shown in the logs and in the CSC
  • Added Throw Punch SendEvent option to the CSC
  • Tweaked the dropdowns in the CSC for State Events and State Criteria to be alphabetically sorted, and the order of the dropdowns within the GUI element to be more in-line with the game event and criteria naming structure
  • Gave Leah an Earpiece she can reach for. For security reasons
  • Added the “PhoneBlindedMe” reaction event for CSC users. This will trigger when a Phone Light is visibly on and a Character enters a roughly character-sized capsule that extends outward from the Phone Light
  • Added a new Move Target/Sex Spot in the garage, behind the ping pong table. Watch out…balls from above!
  • DisplayGameMessage events will now have their GameMessageTypes option displayed in the CSC and when logged in the Debug Log
  • Added a TriggerBGC console command
  • Individual TriggerBGC events are now much more responsive under almost all circumstances
  • DialogueOnly characters (Phone Call, Compubrah) can no longer be selected for an IKReach event
  • Further standardization of Game Event naming and logging conventions with CSC dropdowns
  • WalkToTargetOption “Cancel” will no longer show up in various places in the CSC where having a “Cancel” option was inappropriate
  • Further standardization of Criteria naming and CSC dropdowns (against Game Events where appropriate), with exceptions for criteria such as “Distance”, “Vision” and “Is In Front Of”, etc. which are more readable with slightly different formatting. Decreased OCD variance matrix by -0.2207 chodivars
  • Added missing dropdowns for the Criteria/CompareType when selecting IsCurrentlyUsing or IsCurrentlyBeingUsed
  • Can no longer select the Player or DialogueOnly Characters (Phone Call, Compubrah) as the CharacterToReactTo in a ReachTarget Event Trigger, as this event is only handled by standard NPCs
  • Moved the Initialization of certain variables and references in a few scripts that mount or use items in conjunction with character models to earlier in the loading process, and otherwise performed minor cleanup on similar scripts
  • If the “None” criteria is selected in the CSC, the user will be able to select another criteria from the dropdown, instead of having to remove that criteria and choose a new one
  • CSC users can now directly compare two values, whether they are “owned” by the same character, or two different characters
  • Characters will no longer be able to attempt to warp to themselves via the WarpTo console command
  • Important/TriggerBGC will now be shown even if an NPC is not within direct line of sight of the Player, or is a full floor above the Player
  • DialogueOnly Characters like PhoneCall and Compubrah can no longer be set to receive GetsHitByProjectile event triggers in the CSC
  • In the CSC, an Event Trigger can now call itself via a PerformEvent game event IF its Delay is greater than zero. Previously, this was restricted due to the possibility of recursively firing an infinite number of events with a delay of zero, which could freeze the game
  • Various accuracy and reliability improvements to the GetsHitByProjectile event functionality
  • In the Original Story: added a preventative check to ensure that Derek doesn’t permanently get his shirt back after he gives it to the Player during Amy’s “Scavenger Hunt” opportunity
  • In the Original Story: giving Ashley an untampered soda while she is waiting for her clothes to be returned to her will result in the failure of the :Humiliate Ashley: opportunity
  • In the Original Story: the Player can no longer skip through Madison’s conversational opening delay by giving her her phone and then selecting from global responses
  • In the Original Story: fixed an issue with duplicate thoughtbubbles appearing when the Player tries to unsuccessfully sit in one of the Hot Tub seats
  • In the Original Story: made changes to the radial options for Madison’s Phone to accommodate new mechanics and story content
  • In the Original Story: minor tweaks to responses and events within a couple Patrick dialogues in the event that the Player failed his “Phonegate” opportunity
  • In the Original Story: cleaned up and made corrections in the Help text for the Player Beer Pong Practice spot

jarb01

May 18, 2017
the game now has a new official site:

patch notes arent being posted on the eek website anymore. the patch notes can now be found on the official house party site. it looks like they forgot to add a link to the official eek forums on the new site.

theres also a characters page that tells some stuff about the characters, and apperenty rachel is canadian? wtf?

CLDꝜ

̷ ̷ ̶ ̴ ̴ ̴ ̷ ̸ ̸ ̷ ̵ ̸ ̸ ̴ ̵ ̷ ̵ ̴ ̶ ̴ ̶ ̵ ̶ ̴ ̵
Staff member
Community Liaison
Jul 7, 2017

cooldude33

Jun 1, 2017
Tbh, even with all settings on low, the game is still kinda demanding, especially for older systems.
The weird thing is, on my hardware, changing the graphics quality from Ultra to Low yields very little performance increase.
Its the shadows and lighting options that have the biggest performance impact.
Shadows and lighting are always difficult to implement properly, and most developers don't have the experience necessary to handle and optimize them, which is why they usually have the biggest performance impact in indie games.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
how much content is in there
alots, if you okay to restart multiples times to try various path.
around an hour and a half if you try one path only. depending on how fast you read, how easy to find stuff and ... hoping that you dont fuck up anything. ( as if you fucked up 1 thing, it have chance to broke your path, even if devs say they fixed that, it still happen alots).

that game honestly is better with a mode that allow to free roam around and do various thing. overwise, its linear depending on wich girl you target.

Sebille

Aug 17, 2018
Shadows and lighting are always difficult to implement properly, and most developers don't have the experience necessary to handle and optimize them, which is why they usually have the biggest performance impact in indie games.
I think you are correct.
Would you agree that textures are probably the easiest for indie developers? (talking about graphics only not other aspects)

cooldude33

Jun 1, 2017
I think you are correct.
Would you agree that textures are probably the easiest for indie developers? (talking about graphics only not other aspects)
I'm not a game developer so I can't really say, how easy or difficult game textures are to implement depends on what kind of graphics and visual style you're going for.

Still no third person view during sex scenes ?
No mention of third person in any of the changelogs, so I guess not.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: jowishg

Sebille

Aug 17, 2018
Still no third person view during sex scenes ?
What do you mean? This isnt a traditional video game.
During sex scenes, you can change views, the default being First Person (bottom option) and then there's 3 additional points of view, and typically all 3 are technically 3rd person.
I.e. if you select 1, 2 or 3, you dont see from a First Person point of view anymore.

jowishg

Yare yare dawa (ง •̀_•́)ง
Donor
May 6, 2018
What do you mean? This isnt a traditional video game.
During sex scenes, you can change views, the default being First Person (bottom option) and then there's 3 additional points of view, and typically all 3 are technically 3rd person.
I.e. if you select 1, 2 or 3, you dont see from a First Person point of view anymore.
Oh really ? Didn't know that, I haven't played for a while. But yeah that's what I meant, if it's possible to play the sex scenes from a third person view

3.60 star(s) 64 Votes