How fluent is your English?

How fluent is your English?

• Perfect. Because I'm just that good.

Votes: 78 50.6%
  • Good, but I still get confused by a lot of big words.

Votes: 59 38.3%
  • Passable. I understand simple written sentences, but any more than that and I'm likely to get lost.

Votes: 12 7.8%
  • Poor. I piece together the story from the limited number of key words I do understand.

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Zero. I make up my own story from the pictures. In fact, I don't even understand this question.

Votes: 3 1.9%

• Total voters

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Your statement wasn't wrong simply because it was generalized. But because it stated it was bad English practice to use the expression in a VN.
I will give you this one concession: I was unaware that "sex" was used to describe genitalia in historical literature.

However, you can call this "moving the goalposts" or whatever you want, I don't fucking care, because as far as I'm concerned my position has never shifted though I have perhaps not expressed it well enough, but my argument was against it being used in the dialogue and when the MC is narrating events.

Many of these games and VNs are meant to be set in relatively realistic depictions of the modern world and generally use dialogue that reflects that. Whether it's in the character dialogue when they're speaking to or of a woman or even in their own self-narration of an event, the use the word "sex" when talking about the woman's vagina is NOT how someone would do that in today's world.

When thinking about your own experiences and all the modern-based TV shows and movies that feature sex, when have you ever known anyone to use the word "sex" when referring to a vagina? That's because it's an entirely uncommon way to use the word and even if it is used in some forms of literature, I highly doubt that all these characters are great literary scholars, let alone the devs who are making these games. A modern-day based MC is far more likely to use a word like "pussy", or "cunt", or "slit", or if you're from certain parts of Britain, "twatbox".

These games and VNs aren't exactly high-calibre literature, so who really gives a damn if this is some fancy literary term to describe a vagina. If it's set in the modern world and devs want to use it in the 3rd-person, fine, have at it hoss, but if it's in the 1st-person and in the character dialogue, it's complete nonsense.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Oh for fuck's sake... Might I suggest that we agree to disagree and leave it at that, since this debate is getting a bit out of hand and is also somewhat off topic?
I will agree that my blanket statement that nobody "in the history of the English language" has used the word "sex" to describe a vagina was misinformed, but I will continue to disagree that it is always the right word to use, particularly in the context of character dialogue and narration.

Reactions: *inhales*Boi

Dreadder

Nov 9, 2017
I will agree that my blanket statement that nobody "in the history of the English language" has used the word "sex" to describe a vagina was misinformed, but I will continue to disagree that it is always the right word to use, particularly in the context of character dialogue and narration.
While I agree with you on both points and the fact that using "sex" to describe pussy nowdays is extremely unusual in modern setting, I merely propose to leave things as they are. Arguments were made on both sides and opinions were voiced but now it seems the debate is only serving itself...

Reactions: c3p0

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
While I agree with you on both points and the fact that using "sex" to describe pussy nowdays is extremely unusual in modern setting, I merely propose to leave things as they are. Arguments were made on both sides and opinions were voiced but now it seem the debate is only serving itself...
Hopefully my 2nd to last post makes my point clearer and ends this, but if not...well...I can't make any promises.

j5LDC2TB

Sep 5, 2016
Hi, although english is a well known language, it is also massively diverse. Regional accents and meanings in the UK alone would confuse a non native visitor/speaker(We have 160 distinct dialects), hell, it confuses some of us, then you have variants between countries as well, UK-USA(USA has 11 major dialects) being the most obvious, bear in mind as well that the UK's entirety would fit inside the USA 40 times over. The best thing is to base your writing to your main english speaking audiences way of reading/writing, whether it's UK or USA, etc the others can either accept or they can rewrite, etc. Checking on if a word has changed its meaning, for example gay/meat/etc is a good thing because that can lead to confusion. A last thing, simple stuff like which way you should spell awkward words like colour/color is irrelevant, anyone whining about that is merely being prissy for 'their' version

HiEv

Sep 1, 2017
I honestly don't think anyone, in the history of the English language, has ever referred to a woman's pussy/vagina/fanny/snatch/muff/slit/twat/box/beaver/cunt as her "sex".
(nobody ever)
Even so, nobody in the English speaking world refers to a woman's vagina as her "sex".
(nobody in the English speaking world)
Those books are set in a fictional, medieval-style world. Perhaps it was common in times like that to use the word "sex" to describe a woman's genitalia, but nobody in the modern world uses it that way anymore.
(nobody in the modern, English speaking world)
What?
I've never said that using the word "sex" to describe the act of having sex was wrong, but that nobody in the real, modern, everyday world describes a woman's vagina as her "sex". So seeing that term being used in these games and VNs is weird and out of place.
(nobody in the real, modern, everyday, English speaking world)

However, you can call this "moving the goalposts" or whatever you want, I don't fucking care
You should. The above is a perfect example of moving the goalposts. Every time someone proved you wrong, the position you espoused changed. And then you had the nerve to pretend that it didn't change or you were just unclear.

No, you were very clear, but you were also wrong. So you kept changing what you were saying, retreating into an ever-shrinking circle within your original Venn diagram so you could remain thinking that you were right.

because as far as I'm concerned my position has never shifted though I have perhaps not expressed it well enough, but my argument was against it being used in the dialogue and when the MC is narrating events.
You may not realize your position has changed, but it apparently did, which is all the more reason why you should "fucking care". Take a look at your argument now, and compare that to your earlier arguments, and you will see that that's not what your earlier arguments were. Your current argument is where you've retreated to, not what you started with.

Many of these games and VNs are meant to be set in relatively realistic depictions of the modern world and generally use dialogue that reflects that. Whether it's in the character dialogue when they're speaking to or of a woman or even in their own self-narration of an event, the use the word "sex" when talking about the woman's vagina is NOT how someone would do that in today's world.
That's the claim, not the evidence.

Where is your evidence?

I asked you that before, and you didn't answer.

I also asked you what evidence would convince you that you were wrong?

Yet again, you didn't answer.

Your argument basically boils down to: you don't believe a thing is true, therefore we shouldn't either.

I'm sorry, but I don't find that assertion particularly convincing, and nobody else here seems particularly convinced either.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
You should. The above is a perfect example of moving the goalposts. Every time someone proved you wrong, the position you espoused changed. And then you had the nerve to pretend that it didn't change or you were just unclear.
A perfect example of "moving the goalposts" is an orange-faced buffoon calling for thousands of miles of concrete wall to be built then claiming they never said that and that a steel-slatted fence was always their intention. What's been going on here is not that.

This whole thing boils down to me not believing that the word "sex" has ever been used as a synonym for vagina in any capacity whatsoever, then when shown that it has been used in literature, I have acknowledged that and had to make clearer my view that those who speak English do not use that word in their everyday life.
  • "I honestly don't think", was me saying that I don't believe it's been used in this way.
  • "nobody in the English speaking world refers to", was my way of saying that people in the real world don't say it after being presented with the evidence that is used in literature.
  • "nobody in the modern world uses it", was me having to clarify my previous point because people took it too broadly.
  • "nobody in the real, modern, everyday world", was me having to, once again, further clarify my point because my previous statement was deemed to still be too broad as modern day authors still use that term.
If the "goalposts" have moved it's because a few pedantic people keep getting hung up over a generalised statement not being accurate enough for them and then when the statement is clarified further, they accuse that person of changing their position.

No, you were very clear, but you were also wrong. So you kept changing what you were saying, retreating into an ever-shrinking circle within your original Venn diagram so you could remain thinking that you were right.
I haven't changed anything. Folk like you just can't seem to read between the lines of what a person is saying and find a kernel of truth.

You may not realize your position has changed, but it apparently did, which is all the more reason why you should "fucking care". Take a look at your argument now, and compare that to your earlier arguments, and you will see that that's not what your earlier arguments were. Your current argument is where you've retreated to, not what you started with.
My original position was that nobody in the history of the world has ever used that word in that way but I have since been shown otherwise and acknowledged that. What followed was me holding up my hands to say, "OK, it has been used, but people in the real world don't say it like that", but none of you people can see that, instead trying to accuse me of somehow "flip-flopping".

That's the claim, not the evidence.

Where is your evidence?

I asked you that before, and you didn't answer.

I also asked you what evidence would convince you that you were wrong?

Yet again, you didn't answer.

Your argument basically boils down to: you don't believe a thing is true, therefore we shouldn't either.

I'm sorry, but I don't find that assertion particularly convincing, and nobody else here seems particularly convinced either.
The evidence is everywhere.

As I said before, think about your own experiences, or conversations with your friends, or all the TV shows and movies that come out of English speaking nations, and tr to recall a single instance where anyone has referred to a vagina as "her sex". They don't because it's a commonly used in our everyday vocabulary and even the people here who keep trying to say I'm wrong have admitted it's primarily a literary term. Just because it's used in literature does not make it an everyday term. Think about how authors describe locations, objects, people; real, average people don't speak that way in their everyday lives. Therefore, seeing the characters in these games and VNs use this term, especially when the games have a modern-day setting, is very jarring for someone who is a native English speaker and knows this is not a commonly used term in today's society.

What do you not understand about that?

random.person

Aug 11, 2017
Also, one other thing I notice in a lot of games is when a woman's lady parts are referred to as her "sex", i.e. "she took off her panties and revealed her sex".

I honestly don't think anyone, in the history of the English language, has ever referred to a woman's pussy/vagina/fanny/snatch/muff/slit/twat/box/beaver/cunt as her "sex".
This is your original post.
Look at the example you gave.
It's in third person.
It clearly refers to a VN author describing a scene in those terms.
It is not a dialogue by a modern-day character in a modern-day setting.
What you stated in this post was not unclear. It was very clear and it was not the hyperbole of "no one ever in history" the problem.
What was wrong and remains wrong is suggesting that using such term when narrating in English is odd or wrong.
That's been proven otherwise over and over, but you still can't accept that you were flat out wrong and called out on it by a non native English speaker. Just accept that you stand corrected, you learnt something, it happens to everyone, even the best.

You have moved the goalpost, it's a fact. Your original statement didn't refer in any way whatsoever to a character's dialogue. It showed a clear example of third person narration. And, I repeat, an author can use a linguistic register higher than the characters'.

I consider the matter closed, I bear no animosity and need not to prove anything. I was simply concerned with the veracity of a technical claim.
Whomever might stumble on your post now has surely enough material to see for him/herself where the truth lies and whether it's correct to use that expression in a novel, visual or not.

Reactions: HiEv

おい!

Engaged Member
Mar 25, 2018

As I said before, think about your own experiences, or conversations with your friends, or all the TV shows and movies that come out of English speaking nations, and tr to recall a single instance where anyone has referred to a vagina as "her sex". They don't because it's a commonly used in our everyday vocabulary and even the people here who keep trying to say I'm wrong have admitted it's primarily a literary term. Just because it's used in literature does not make it an everyday term. Think about how authors describe locations, objects, people; real, average people don't speak that way in their everyday lives. Therefore, seeing the characters in these games and VNs use this term, especially when the games have a modern-day setting, is very jarring for someone who is a native English speaker and knows this is not a commonly used term in today's society.

Well I am a native English speaker and as for movies
I have seen it.
as for TV shows
I have seen it.
and read the book as well.
I have no problems with the use of "her sex" for vagina, it a lot better than calling it a "cunt" for example........
As for VNs a lot of them have nothing to do with real life, you should know that. You even started a thread talking about the lack of other race MCs in incest games.
You know what, yes, that's exactly what I'm saying.

People may still read these older novels and the more modern day literoticas, but if you said to a native English speaking girl that you liked her "sex" when referring to her pussy, she'd laugh in your face because nobody uses that term in the modern, everyday world.
Also if you said to a native English speaking girl that you liked her "cunt" when referring to her vagina, she would slap your face at the least or do you think she would find it sexy.
When thinking about your own experiences and all the modern-based TV shows and movies that feature sex, when have you ever known anyone to use the word "sex" when referring to a vagina? That's because it's an entirely uncommon way to use the word and even if it is used in some forms of literature, I highly doubt that all these characters are great literary scholars, let alone the devs who are making these games. A modern-day based MC is far more likely to use a word like "pussy", or "cunt", or "slit", or if you're from certain parts of Britain, "twatbox".
Just to add you are not the only one on here who lives in Britain.

Reactions: random.person

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Ah, the gang's all here.

This is your original post.
Look at the example you gave.
It's in third person.
It clearly refers to a VN author describing a scene in those terms.
It is not a dialogue by a modern-day character in a modern-day setting.
What you stated in this post was not unclear. It was very clear and it was not the hyperbole of "no one ever in history" the problem.
What was wrong and remains wrong is suggesting that using such term when narrating in English is odd or wrong.
That's been proven otherwise over and over, but you still can't accept that you were flat out wrong and called out on it by a non native English speaker. Just accept that you stand corrected, you learnt something, it happens to everyone, even the best.

You have moved the goalpost, it's a fact. Your original statement didn't refer in any way whatsoever to a character's dialogue. It showed a clear example of third person narration. And, I repeat, an author can use a linguistic register higher than the characters'.

I consider the matter closed, I bear no animosity and need not to prove anything. I was simply concerned with the veracity of a technical claim.
Whomever might stumble on your post now has surely enough material to see for him/herself where the truth lies and whether it's correct to use that expression in a novel, visual or not.
Firstly, that example quote was taken from a MC narrating an event which I have subsequently stated my reasons for disliking, but I also said in my original comment that I didn't "think" that term was ever used which is not a declarative statement that it had never ever been done. To say that you "you think" something is to show that you're not certain but that you suspect it to be the case based on what you currently know and are aware of. At the time, I wasn't aware of its use in literature, hence why I said that didn't "think" it was ever used.

I accept that I stand corrected that this term has been and is used in some literature, but the general view expressed in that original comment has not changed even if the words used to express it weren't as accurate as you would've liked. Just because I didn't mention the dialogue in the orginal post doesn't mean that that wasn't where my mind was when I wrote it. People do this every day of the week; they make general statements to which people respond with "that's not true" or "what do you mean" and then the person has to furnish what they said with more details. It doesn't mean they've "moved the goalposts", it just means the situation demands further explanation.

My "goalposts" remain firmly in place because I accept that a goal was scored against me, it's just that I, as the goalkeeper, acknowledge that I should've been standing in the right place to begin with.

Well I am a native English speaker and as for movies
I have seen it.
as for TV shows
I have seen it.
and read the book as well.
Both are adaptations of a book written and set in the 18th century which you have previously cited. Do you have any examples from this or even the previous century to disprove my point?

As for VNs a lot of them have nothing to do with real life, you should know that. You even started a thread talking about the lack of other race MCs in incest games.
From a creative and design standpoint, I was interested to know why this was the case. It wasn't meant to be a diabtribe about real life issues.

Also if you said to a native English speaking girl that you liked her "cunt" when referring to her vagina, she would slap your face at the least or do you think she would find it sexy.
I daresay that if you went up a random English speaking girl and said you liked her cunt, or literally any other synonym of vagina, you'd deserve to be slapped in the face. But, in the bedroom, if the girl is into dirty talk, they might not mind using the word "cunt". It all depends on people's preferences, but unless the girl is heavily into literotica, I don't see referring to her vagina as "your/my sex" being all that commonplace in current English parlance.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I do so wonder what it must feel like to be so comfortable on your own high-horse as to act like you've never once in your entire life made a misinformed, general statement about something which you were then corrected/called-out on and then had to clarify in greater detail what you really meant by that statement only to then be accused of "moving the goalposts" despite having simply provided greater context to your original statement as necessitated by the correction.

HiEv

Sep 1, 2017
A perfect example of "moving the goalposts" is an orange-faced buffoon calling for thousands of miles of concrete wall to be built then claiming they never said that and that a steel-slatted fence was always their intention. What's been going on here is not that.
While I agree that what has been going on here is not that, I disagree that what you've described above would be considered "moving the goalposts".

To quote Wikipedia, " is an informal fallacy in which evidence presented in response to a specific claim is dismissed and some other (often greater) evidence is demanded. That is, after an attempt has been made to score a goal, the goalposts are moved to exclude the attempt. The problem with changing the rules of the game is that the meaning of the result is changed, too."

In other words, it's not merely changing what you say, it's changing what you say in response to being proven wrong, so that you're "not wrong" anymore. Trump changing the type of some hypothetical future wall isn't that. Adding further amendments to your original argument every time the argument fails, however, is exactly that, as it's done in response to being proven wrong.

You can piss and moan about "pedantry" all you want, but you have to look at it from our perspective. We're responding to what you wrote, and you're claiming we should be mind readers and somehow respond what you actually meant instead.

If the "goalposts" have moved it's because a few pedantic people keep getting hung up over a generalised statement not being accurate enough for them and then when the statement is clarified further, they accuse that person of changing their position.

I haven't changed anything. Folk like you just can't seem to read between the lines of what a person is saying and find a kernel of truth.
"Folk like you"? :sneaky: You mean the people who read the words you actually wrote, instead of things which you say existed in your head, but somehow didn't make it into anything you provided to us?

Ah, yes, how dare we not read things into what you've actually written. :rolleyes:

If you weren't clear, then that isn't our fault, that's yours. Take some responsibility for your half of the conversation, rather than blaming everyone else and getting angry at them when they point out the problems with the words you actually wrote.

Also, I have yet to come across this "kernel of truth" you seem to think is there.

My original position was that nobody in the history of the world has ever used that word in that way but I have since been shown otherwise and acknowledged that. What followed was me holding up my hands to say, "OK, it has been used, but people in the real world don't say it like that", but none of you people can see that, instead trying to accuse me of somehow "flip-flopping".
We're not accusing you of "flip-flopping". Quite the opposite, actually. Changing what you believe based on evidence is entirely commendable, and it's horrible that anyone would try to portray that as a bad thing with such an absurd term.

No, what we're accusing you of is you still trying to be right, in the face of all of the evidence that you're wrong, when you repeatedly add caveats to what you meant after-the-fact, every time that someone demonstrates you're wrong.

No, it's not.

An absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. In other words, just because you haven't seen it, that doesn't prove that it doesn't exist.

The problem is that you're trying to prove a negative, and in this case, that's just something that can't be done. Thus you shouldn't be claiming it as truth.

Your claim is that people don't do that, and your evidence is that you think people don't do that... You do realize that you've based your argument upon the presupposition that your argument is true, right?

The part where you extrapolate from the fact that you personally haven't encountered the word "sex" used that way (in the rather narrowed-down case you limit this to), to that somehow meaning that nobody has ever encountered it used that way.

You and I are not a particularly large sample size, and the fact is, it only takes one example to prove you wrong. This is an absurdly weak argument to hang your hat on.

Which returns me to the questions I've asked, which you keep avoiding answering:
What evidence would convince you that you're wrong that, "nobody in the real, modern, everyday, English speaking world" ever actually uses the word "sex" that way?

This seems like it should be a slam-dunk, easy-peasy, no-problemo question to answer, if you're open to correction, and yet this is the third time I've had to ask it.

Odd, that. ;)

Look, I'm not trying to make you angry or insult you. I'm trying to get you to see what you're doing here, to understand the nature of evidence, and to perhaps think a bit more clearly about the kind of claim that you're making and the growing level of evidence you've demanded. If even you can't figure out what would prove you wrong, then how can you expect anyone else to prove you wrong? And if you're not open to being proven wrong about something as inconsequential as this, then maybe you need to consider being more open about other, far more important, things as well.

I know we're waaaayyyy off topic here, but I believe that all of society would benefit from occasional moments of introspection like this. So, please, try to take it that way.

Have a nice day! :)

---
Addendum:
I do so wonder what it must feel like to be so comfortable on your own high-horse as to act like you've never once in your entire life made a misinformed, general statement about something which you were then corrected/called-out on and then had to clarify in greater detail what you really meant by that statement only to then be accused of "moving the goalposts" despite having simply provided greater context to your original statement as necessitated by the correction.
But I'm not claiming that I've never in my life done that. I have. And I was wrong to do it. So I grew up and now I do my best to not make that mistake again.

However, the fact of my errors in the past in no way makes it right when you do it today.

All you're doing is invoking the " " fallacy to excuse using the "moving the goalposts" fallacy.

Two wrongs don't make a right (though three lefts do ;) ).

Reactions: random.person

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
I'm currently in the middle of doing a heavy rewrite on one of the games I work on, and was just curious how advanced I should get with the use of my vocabulary? From what I gather, the majority of both players and developers here aren't native English speakers, so I'm concerned that a big chunk of my potential player base could be left completely lost if I go a little too far with using bigger words that perhaps only a small percentage of players will actually understand. So I made a poll just to gauge what the general level of people's English comprehension here is. Also, is this something any of you other developers have considered, or should I just do me, everyone else be damned?
I may be wrong but you are looking at the issue from the wrong angle; using difficult words might be a quirk of one of your characters, and it could be even adressed by another.
as of the readers/players... some will play the game if they getanything to fap at,but those that are in for the story might learn a new word

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Which returns me to the questions I've asked, which you keep avoiding answering:
What evidence would convince you that you're wrong that, "nobody in the real, modern, everyday, English speaking world" ever actually uses the word "sex" that way?
Fine, how about this: I challenge anyone to provide a significant number of examples from mainstream media (films and TV shows), or even porn, from this or the previous century that is set in these centuries, where a woman's vagina is referred to as her "sex".

The reason why I use mainstream media and porn as the benchmarks is because they're the best reflection of common phrases in our society because they're written and performed by people who live in the real world. Therefore if someone describing a woman's vagina as her "sex" in their everyday life is a common occurence or even occurs a small percentage of the time, then surely it would appear in some of these media forms.

Again, for the gajillionth time, I acknowledge that this word is used in literature but, as explained in this I recently found, it is simply a means by which the author can have another way of describing the vagina but it is does not mean that this works as a term used by the characters when speaking.

P.S. It's not about me "being right", it's about just getting a point across.

215303j

Guys, I'm not a mod, but maybe we could get back to topic?
Thanks...

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Fine, how about this: I challenge anyone to provide a significant number of examples from mainstream media (films and TV shows), or even porn, from this or the previous century that is set in these centuries, where a woman's vagina is referred to as her "sex".

The reason why I use mainstream media and porn as the benchmarks is because they're the best reflection of common phrases in our society because they're written and performed by people who live in the real world. Therefore if someone describing a woman's vagina as her "sex" in their everyday life is a common occurence or even occurs a small percentage of the time, then surely it would appear in some of these media forms.

Again, for the gajillionth time, I acknowledge that this word is used in literature but, as explained in this I recently found, it is simply a means by which the author can have another way of describing the vagina but it is does not mean that this works as a term used by the characters when speaking.

What would be a significant number?
As I assume one example would not be a significant number, then it must be samples > 1. If not defined previously then it would have the same problematic than before.

Reactions: HiEv

Agent HK47

Mar 3, 2018
Well, english is not my native language (I am scandanavian) but somehow I still am able to use "There, Their & They're" better than most native english people I have seen, so that is kinda ironic I think.

I read and write english pretty well. Would probably put myself around 9/10 at reading/writing it, and probably around 7-8/10 speaking it.
My biggest issue with english is usually figuring out whether to use american english or UK english (like, whether to write color vs colour, or realize vs realise) so I usually just go with whatever I feel like at the time. If you looked throughout my post history, you would probably see me switching between them quite often.
My other issues would probably be proper punctuation. I never really learned how to properly use punctuation, so I just go with what feels right, while also trying to make my words somewhat easy to digest.

OP, I would say to just go with what you feel like. No matter what you choose, you will end up leaving some people out of the zone, so it's not really worth the hassle to get yourself worked up over it.
God forbid you used a word, which someone didn't know, and they had to look it up online and actually learn something new.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
What would be a significant number?
As I assume one example would not be a significant number, then it must be samples > 1. If not defined previously then it would have the same problematic than before.
Given how many movies and TV shows are out there, I guess we'll start at 1000 for a decent sample size then go from there.

random.person

Aug 11, 2017

Onus probandi incumbit ei qui dicit.
You made the statement, you have to back it up.
Challenging with a probatio diabolica doesn't add anything to the discussion.
Besides no one stated that the expression is commonly used in dialogues, since it is generally used in third person narration and your own link proves it further (by the way, did you really need a blog post to know one of the reasons it's used, besides being classier than pussy and less technical than vagina?).
And I do not believe one bit that the example you provided, described as often occurring in VNs, is an excerpt of a character's dialogue.
If it really was, I guess you'd have no problem showing us proof of such common usage of the expression in first person dialogue in VNs. You can start by showing us ten examples. Or should we make it one thousands as you suggested, considering how many VNs are out there?

As a last annotation, writers live in the real world too. Your argument that porn, TV and media are better representative of language because the authors of those live in the real world is fallacious. It's not where the authors live that differentiate those products, it's the target audience and linguistic register.