VN Ren'Py How I Became the Bodyguard of the Saintess! [v0.6] [Lunardis]

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes

Lunardis

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2021
The Android port in the main post is still only version 0.1, is that correct? Will there be version 0.2 put out soon?

Also, after playing 0.1, I would have liked if they gave a description of what would have happened if MC hadn't of taken that spell. What was the sorceress hoping to gain by casting it?
Damn, I probably made a mistake somewhere. It should be fine now.

For your question :

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Faptime

spoink1337

Mar 29, 2021
Amazing game! Cool characters, story, and funny dialogue!

I died at the office scene XD. Imagine entering an old building, expecting ancient and regal stuff. Only to find an office filled with hard-working people, taking in calls and observing the damn stock market.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Lunardis

Lunardis

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2021
Amazing game! Cool characters, story, and funny dialogue!

I died at the office scene XD. Imagine entering an old building, expecting ancient and regal stuff. Only to find an office filled with hard-working people, taking in calls and observing the damn stock market.
Thanks, I'm really glad to read this. It's always hard to judge if the effect I wanted to be fun worked, it appears it did in that case .

GrogGuy

Apr 3, 2022
Looking good so far.

If I had to describe it in a single word, I think it would be cute.

The humor was enjoyable and I like the character designs. The plot seems a bit simple, but in a good slice of life kind of way.

I can picture some people complaining about the pacing being a bit slow, but for me that's a plus. The character relationships are actually being given some time to be built up, rather than being rushed. It'll probably pay off in later versions and make the scenes actually feel special.

I might be mis-remembering but I think some of the dialogue had the wrong speaker, so that might be something that needs fixing, but not a big deal. Could have just been my mistake, I was a bit tipsy when I binged the whole thing haha.

Edit:

You've got a subscribestar or only patreon?

Last edited:

Lunardis

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2021

About Chapter 2:

Very happy to have finished this part. In a way, chapter 2 is very similar to chapter 1 in that it is mainly about introducing the word and the different characters. A very important part of any story, but one that could get boring very easily.

I really hope you enjoyed the action scene at the end? This is clearly the part I found the most difficult to create (but also the most enjoyable).

About those injured knights we have seen, you should be able to guess what happened I think... If not, don't worry, chapter 3 will explain everything.

About what's next:

I originally thought the common route would end with chapter 5, but it might happen a little earlier. I'm not 100 percent sure, but the more I think about it, the more I feel Chapter 4 should be a little longer than what I originally thought instead. If so, that means two more chapters, and we'll start the individual route and the romance. And the H scene, of course.

If chapters 1 and 2 come together to introduce the story, chapters 3 and 4 will come to escalate everything.

English is not my first language, so chances are some sentences sound a little weird in the game. I just created a channel in my to report any "shocking" mistakes, so I can improve the game and progress as a dev. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

That's it for me. I'll try to give news about the development of chapter 3 regularly. See you soon

Reactions: firelord112

GrogGuy

Apr 3, 2022
All good. I subbed to your patreon for now, but I'll probably swap over when I can. Patreon seems to have a stick up their butt so I tend towards supporting the other where I can.

firelord112

Dec 14, 2018
I really love the story of this game and there were alot of scenes that made me actually laugh.
It is a really interesting world and I can't wait for the next update.
Thank you for your work what you do is really amazing.
I only have one question. Is Angie going to be the only girl the MC is going to have "fun" with or is it planned that he is going after multiple girls?

GrogGuy

Apr 3, 2022
I really love the story of this game and there were alot of scenes that made me actually laugh.
I only have one question. Is Angie going to be the only girl the MC is going to have "fun" with or is it planned that he is going after multiple girls?
According to the dev notes:

"The structure is inspired by Japanese Visual Novel, which means one common route, then different paths, one for each heroine in the game. There are four heroines, so four paths.
The common route should be around five chapters. After that, I'll let people choose by vote the heroine they want me to work on."

So not all of them in a single play-through, but yes.

• Red Heart

Lunardis

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2021
This was... unexpectedly good. At first, I thought it would be an ordinary isekai, but instead I got a story about an ordinary guy who got caught in an extraordinary situation. And I really liked it! The characters are nice, the dialogues are well-written and got me laughing a few times.
Everything is fine except for some grammar and spelling mistakes. You should check your text with something like LanguageTool to get rid of some obvious and simple mistakes. Keep up the good work!
Thanks for the feedback guys, and the motivational boost :giggle:. I'm very glad you like the story.

cheer1o : Yes, I'm already convinced I need to get better at grammar and spelling mistakes. I'll definitely check out LanguageTool!

firelord112 : GrogGuy already answered , but to give a complement: the game has four main heroines, Angelica the Saintess, Melope the witch, Theresa the commander and Saki the sword princess. And yes, each will have their own path.

Lunardis

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2021
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to give some news here. I'm still working on the next version, with 650 renders so far. I'll say I'm about 50% done, so there's still a lot to do...

I give more details in the status report on my patreon/ subscribestar, so if you're interested, I recommend to check it out.

Here are some preview pictures. The last one is a bit special, it's part of the special series of pictures created for this month. I will try to share a little sample from time to time here.

Preview 2 (1).png
Preview 2 (2).png
Preview 2 (3).png
Preview 2 (5).png
CharaStudio-2022-05-12-21-15-02-Render_modifié.png
See you soon!

GrogGuy

Apr 3, 2022
Looking good Lunardis! The first picture really captures how I feel every time we get some news or teasers haha.

Jan 24, 2018
Hi, I'm just going to put the picture I used for my signature here, if anyone wants them.

View attachment 1871135 View attachment 1871136

Also, here's a little gift, coming from the last series of special pictures on Patreon/Subscribestar.

View attachment 1871143

See you guys!
Hi Lunardis, as I can see you have now added those great signatures I saw in your profile to the OP for us fans. Thanks for that and that you even add the great background image as a bonus :) You are a very smypathic, communicative and down to earth developer!
Ps: because I just could not decide between the great sigs :) I have combined them and now they are displayed together, unfortunately, the signature here in the profile limited. Copyright for these awesome signatures belong to you,of course.

Last edited:

GrogGuy

Apr 3, 2022
I was replaying this on and off recently, and decided to jot down my proofreading suggestions. I'm not a professional, so some of it may be wrong. I also wrote most of it while drinking... but that's just how how I roll, I guess.

Anyway, it's incomplete, and I still need to proofread my proofreading, but here you go for now. Hopefully it's helpful. I'll delete and reupload later when I'm done with the playthrough.

Edit: Updated. Still needs a look over, but I cleaned up a few things, and finished the current content. Honestly, I probably won't have time to look it over until at least next weekend, maybe later. Up to you if you want to grab it. Next time, I'll probably just post a google drive link too so I don't have to split things up into multiple documents.

I could reduce the size by removing the snapshots of the original text and replacing them with actual text... but that seems like a lot of work. I don't think I'm up for that.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart

Lunardis

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2021
I was replaying this on and off recently, and decided to jot down my proofreading suggestions. I'm not a professional, so some of it may be wrong. I also wrote most of it while drinking... but that's just how how I roll, I guess.

Anyway, it's incomplete, and I still need to proofread my proofreading, but here you go for now. Hopefully it's helpful. I'll delete and reupload later when I'm done with the playthrough.
Anything I can get, I'll take it! Thank you very much, I have no doubt it will be very useful.

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes