VN Ren'Py How I Became the Bodyguard of the Saintess! [v0.7] [Lunardis]

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes

Lunardis

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2021
Sorry for the double post. Still V 0.7, new save.

You know, for someone who is acclaimed to be a sword genius... all it takes is a bright light to addle her brains and make her forget how to hold a sword. Good Job Princess!

IE -Sword should be showing as flat to the viewer, with the 'finger/hand guard' facing out from the fingers, at the angle of camera we'd likely not see it (which could be why it was done this way, to show a sword, even if held messily).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

What is it with bright flashy lights that makes skilled ppl forget how to grip a sword?

IE. Sword should be reversed - the curve side would be up, not down, and the hand/finger guard would be on the other side pointing out away from the fingers, not away from the palm.

Sorry if I come across nitpicky, not meaning to be. I'm just posting stuff as I spot it while replaying. Enjoying replaying it, and TBH all 3 things I've mentioned in this and prior post most ppl would prolly never notice.

Note: Can't remember if the glasses were always there, but I loved seeing MC and mother wearing them when Angie came in and did the big light magic attack.

Note #2: Maybe I'm misremembering, but is there more & different music being played? I'll admit I didn't remember the game having music playing as much, and am really enjoying the music so far.
Don't worry. I'm always open to feedback, especially if it's aimed at improving the game :)

And yes, I probably could have done a better job with the sword position. I'd be surprised if those are the only examples you'll find. The first one with Alyssa is shocking, I can't believe I missed it.

The others I think are less of a problem. I'll probably try and fix it, as long as it doesn't take too long.

And yes, the sunglasses were there. I liked the idea of the protagonist and her mother being so used to seeing Angelica's light magic that they always had sunglasses with them to protect their eyes :cool:

Shadowen

Oct 19, 2018
Don't worry. I'm always open to feedback, especially if it's aimed at improving the game :)

And yes, I probably could have done a better job with the sword position. I'd be surprised if those are the only examples you'll find. The first one with Alyssa is shocking, I can't believe I missed it.

The others I think are less of a problem. I'll probably try and fix it, as long as it doesn't take too long.
There have been a few others, but I didn't post them since they were basically 'here and gone' - I think the only reason I spotted them is because I was actively looking for incorrect sword handling as I was going through.

It's likely ppl won't even see any of the other minor error's - that one at the start is just obvious enough to stand out, and that cause's ppl like me to start looking for more. lol I'll be honest, had I not been actively looking I likely wouldn't have spotted the other 2 I posted, nor the others later (that I haven't posted - that are even less stand-outish than the 2 I posted).

Also, for the vast majority of the time there's no issue with sword holding. Just a scene here and there where a sword gets turned around, but again - unlikely to be spotted unless actively looking for that specific thing.

And yes, the sunglasses were there. I liked the idea of the protagonist and her mother being so used to seeing Angelica's light magic that they always had sunglasses with them to protect their eyes :cool:
Indeed, a great idea IMO. Also very much in line with the story of how they live as a family and her use of magic.

Edit - replaying the game has reinforced one thing: My absolute and utter hatred of the Prime Minister, and the great hope we get to put her down and end her miserable life.

Edit #2 - Just adding this for fixing. The incorrect person is referenced I think - discussion with Alyssa about 5 years ago, she says "the princess and Theresa took it badly". Should be "The Saintess and Theresa took it badly" right? Referencing the Saintess makes more sense than the Princess.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lunardis
4.60 star(s) 29 Votes