VN Ren'Py Completed How To Date A Magical Girl [v1.0] [Cafe Shiba]

2.30 star(s) 3 Votes

Lemon Lime

Aug 25, 2018
No sexual content
doki doki level of disturbing
there's no trap magical boy girl
welp im not going any where near this thats for sure.

LEET

May 29, 2017
Unless, you know, that You-Know-Who character shows up at the front gates with an army of torturers and murderers, some of whom you might be related to depending on which family you've been born into. Harry Potter or not, your life's going to get really fucking stressful real quick, and no sexy uniform is worth that shit.
No probs. You know Harry will win regardless. If not, you could always bounce before things goes to shit.

Valkenheim

Oct 24, 2017
"No sexual content"

I'll still try it. I liked Sable's Grimoire and it had no sexual content either but it did have an absolutely amazing best girl in Drakan.

Reactions: finalmask

lagartha

Dec 2, 2017
for people (like me) who don't know what doki doki means: take a look .

quite disturbing shit i tell ya.
Suddenly becomes a much more interesting game... Thanks for the Doki Doki link...

DuDraig

Oct 6, 2017
What I meant with that.. is that if you try and delete the shortcut to their sites and things that are from gamestorrent, upon launching the game a message will pop-up telling you that the game comes from there. And the shortcut will be created all over again, but it's nothing serious. Just a pain in the ass unfortunately.
Then please change the OP statement about this as the current description is that of a harmful trojan. Something like:
But the most horrific thing of all is that the game will recreate any deleted links and files in the game folder related to after displaying a pop-up. Can't do nothing about it.
clearly states that the pop-up and link/file recreation actions are a function that only happens when you run the game and nothing happens if you delete the game.

Reactions: carnivoracious

DuDraig

Oct 6, 2017
for people (like me) who don't know what doki doki means: take a look .

quite disturbing shit i tell ya.
To clarify this for people with some knowledge of the Japanese language: The link is for the "Doki Doki Literature Club" and not the common phrase "Doki Doki", which is a simple onomatopoeia for something exciting enough to cause your heart to beat strongly ("Lub-dub Lub-dub" -> "Doki Doki").

The "Doki Doki Literature Club" is a horror visual novel viciously masquerading as a cute high school dating sim :devilish:.

(Is it just me or does the current "Devilish Grin" Smiley look more like the love child of the Parasite and Groucho Marx? Those aren't horns, they're eyebrows!)

Reactions: MGazer and W65

DarknessGod

Modder
Aug 4, 2018
Actually, Doki Doki is the sound of a heart, to represent love, being an expression commonly used in Japan, where it is derived from; However, it could also be a pounding heart like from fear, and only so from the misinterpretation made by an American game company, similar to the Tell-Tale Heart by Edgar Allan Poe causing the protagonist to break down and confess. By taking Japan's Doki Doki for love, it was twisted to become something horrible.

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
To clarify this for people with some knowledge of the Japanese language: The link is for the "Doki Doki Literature Club" and not the common phrase "Doki Doki", which is a simple onomatopoeia for something exciting enough to cause your heart to beat strongly ("Lub-dub Lub-dub" -> "Doki Doki").

The "Doki Doki Literature Club" is a horror visual novel viciously masquerading as a cute high school dating sim :devilish:.

(Is it just me or does the current "Devilish Grin" Smiley look more like the love child of the Parasite and Groucho Marx? Those aren't horns, they're eyebrows!)
well jeah, doki doki is the heart beat. but as much as i know brynhildr he might actually mean the game and not the jap. word itself ^^.

Lyka

Game Developer
Aug 31, 2018
It's up to the player.
--
I like the artwork but i thought it contains more of this:
This game contains scenes that may frighten or disturb some people.

shinonen

Dec 13, 2016
Kind of weird that the DRM free version didn't start making the rounds and necessitated having to deal with someone turning it into spamware. It did just come out on 1/31 though so probably best to just wait.

side note: what kind of advertisement is it for a site that basically tells people any game files you could possible download from there is most likely compromised and full of malware?

DC123

Jul 24, 2017
Okay, when I saw the Doki Doki, I downloaded. But this game is honestly not what I expected. I dropped out like 30 minutes in. The game is so grindy, nothing really happens. I haven't gotten to any horror or mystery and I'm bored. I can take games that are a slow burn, but not when it is monotonous slow burn, and I need to keep on clicking different stuff. Doki Doki had you interacting hard and connecting with the girls. Here, I barely have any real talk outside of the story. The dates require certain amount of affection and the time it takes to grind that affection is ridiculous. I barely hit 30% for each girl after all that time I put in, and then I lose all motivation because I stop caring about the girls, because even the dates are boring as hell.

Honestly sad. I play VNs a lot so I have higher expectations, and this is just disappointing.

Disco-Inferno

May 9, 2017
Okay, when I saw the Doki Doki, I downloaded. But this game is honestly not what I expected. I dropped out like 30 minutes in. The game is so grindy, nothing really happens. I haven't gotten to any horror or mystery and I'm bored. I can take games that are a slow burn, but not when it is monotonous slow burn, and I need to keep on clicking different stuff. Doki Doki had you interacting hard and connecting with the girls. Here, I barely have any real talk outside of the story. The dates require certain amount of affection and the time it takes to grind that affection is ridiculous. I barely hit 30% for each girl after all that time I put in, and then I lose all motivation because I stop caring about the girls, because even the dates are boring as hell.

Honestly sad. I play VNs a lot so I have higher expectations, and this is just disappointing.
Plays a visual novel for 30 minutes, says they can take a "slow burn" story, claims Doki Doki had you "interacting hard". Clearly hasn't played any serious visual novels.

"I barely hit 30% for each girl after all that time I put in". Yes the whole 30 minutes... Must have been a killer. I don't even care that much about this game, I just saw your comments while browsing the thread and had to call you out as someone who "plays a lot of visual novels" :ROFLMAO:

2.30 star(s) 3 Votes