Tutorial How To Run Japanese Games On Windows

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Ytiza

Apr 26, 2018
I recently bought a game on english DLsite. My local settings are set in japanese. And it works with other games i bougth so far. but with this game i get a strange letters and characters salad. how do i fix this?

Game_j97adyH5oT.png
the game works very well, it's just the text that is weird

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
recently bought a game on english DLsite...
Whats the name of the game. It looks like it's trying to display a language with characters your PC doesn't know, if you haven't also download the Japanese language pack to go with the locale (if thats what the language is).

Reactions: Cofman and Ytiza

Ytiza

Apr 26, 2018
that was a good tip, thank you.
i have reinstalled my japanese language pack and installed the chinese language pack. and now it works

Reactions: TheBlueKnight

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
Shorten the name of the folder "Company Profile...". Those question marks (??) are suspicious.

dikdik48

Apr 5, 2020
can I ask, how I can use MTL Japanese game?
I mean Japanese game who not yet translated, so with the that machine I can understand the language, even MTL. Ty

Jan 25, 2018
Some other local emulator pls.
Windows 10... so the first two are usless;
NTLAE dowload is a lot of directory whitout any explenation (i'm not able to run it);
The last one is flagged 5 time as a trojan by the antivirus.

Reactions: NinjaDeth

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
The last one is flagged 5 time as a trojan by the antivirus.
For some people one of the links gets flagged (MEGA I think) but the other doesn't, it's the one I use though. Download extracted, and scanned both with McAfee and it says both are safe.

tonzak

Dec 18, 2016
Anyone have a problem where the Locale Emulator context menu item (right clicking .exe) just doesn't appear for some games?
RPGM games seem to work fine, but Unity games just don't even have the option to launch with Locale Emulator for me.

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
...but Unity games just don't even have the option to launch with Locale Emulator for me.
They're probably 64Bit games. I hadn't put it together before, but when khaaleth pointed it out in the SUMMER thread it made perfect sense why Locale Emulator works with...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote