Tutorial How To Run Japanese Games On Windows

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

kiDRetadoR

May 17, 2020
Can somebody please help me?

I am interested in playing this game, I have switched my location to Japan, and even tried using Japanese Locale Emulator.. but it doesn't work

It always gives me the following error:

.- Can't locate basic info data: "Root folder of the game/???????/Data/BasicData/Game.dat"

Does anybody know how to fix this? I also did not understand the part of the iso in the tutorial.

The help is greatly appreciated, thank you.

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
Can't locate basic info data: "Root folder of the game/???????/Data/BasicData/Game.dat"
That's usually from a problem the game has with the file address. It's too long, contains non English (or with the locale Japanese) characters, or it's not on the main drive.

Edit - And iso's are annoying, ignore it unless your actually trying to get one to run...

Last edited:

Cofman

Oct 27, 2018
Can somebody please help me?

I am interested in playing this game, I have switched my location to Japan, and even tried using Japanese Locale Emulator.. but it doesn't work

It always gives me the following error:

.- Can't locate basic info data: "Root folder of the game/???????/Data/BasicData/Game.dat"

Does anybody know how to fix this? I also did not understand the part of the iso in the tutorial.

The help is greatly appreciated, thank you.
Maybe problem was in the process of unpacking archive ? Try Bandzip and apply these settings, then unpack archive Безымянный.jpg

Kyonyuu

Apr 25, 2021
Something that makes it way easier to run japanese games (mostly rpgmaker ones) is a "hidden" feature of winrar:

I don't know about you guys, but i hate to always change my system settings when i have a game (mostly the rpgmaker games) with too many moon runes etc. just to unpack and run it, since NTLEA and the AppLocale Knockoff for win10 do not work on some games. So i fiddled around in winrar and found out, that you can just unpack .rar and .zip files in "japanese code" as you will within winrar without changing your settings.

You simply open the .rar/zip with winrar -> Options -> Name Code *under Theme* (fuck do i know what the correct translation is - for me its in german :p) -> 932 Japanese -> unpack to desired location -> ??? -> PROFIT!

It almost always works. Its correctly unpacked in glorious moon runes and even runs. Only older games don't work (sometimes) for whatever reason, so you still have to change your settings occasionally especially for those games that are not in rpgmaker but atleast you won't have to change all the time just to play some good ol' hentai games :D.

I couldn't find the tip in any thread (correct if it already exists) so i hope you guys can use it too in the in the guide as a shortcut for the unpacking/changing of settings etc. :)
I try this and " Click Start, then Control Panel. Click "Clock And Region" and pick Region. Click the Administrative tab. Under the Language for non-Unicode programs section, click Change system locale and select Japanese. Click Apply. ".
But only white screen after start...:(

1630359936068.png

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
You may need to restart for the region change to take effect. Usually the wrong locale will cause a error message to appear though, like this one in the Violated Hero's game thread.

Edit - Linked the right error...

Last edited:

Kyonyuu

Apr 25, 2021
There is no Error and I did a reboot too
I have music after start and the only thing i can do is exit the game?!
1630364014599.png

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
There is no Error...
Which makes me think it isn't a locale issue. The game from the thread (and Workupload) is working for me using Locale Emulator, but without it I get that same...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Maybe download, but don't use the Japanese language pack. Check that the Japanese fill names extracted intact, and that the file address has no non English or Japanese letters or overly long (I had the game on the desktop).

Reactions: Kyonyuu

AxelVieyra

Jul 10, 2021
Can someone help? I can't save in any Kangoku Senkan game. When I click appears a text and can't save.

rhrkrhh

Jun 18, 2021
I changed my system locale, but whenever i try to run most rpg maker games it tells me it can't locate ___ file. I think its because the names are not unzipping corrsctly. I useWINZIP, can anyone propose a solution?

rhrkrhh

Jun 18, 2021
Not sure if WinZip can do it, but you need to change the extraction programs...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I know Bandizip and WinRAR can do it.
what is the difference bwtween WinZip and WinRAR? I just saw the application is WinRAR. I changed my embeded language but it still does not work.

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
what is the difference bwtween WinZip and WinRAR?
Ones better than the other I think, but I've never used WinZip and it's been a long time since I've used WinRAR. If doing what scrumbles said with WinRAR didn't work it could be it was zipped with the Japanese text already scrambled.

My screenshot in the spoiler shows how to extract Japanese files names properly with Bandizip.

rhrkrhh

Jun 18, 2021
Ones better than the other I think, but I've never used WinZip and it's been a long time since I've used WinRAR. If doing what scrumbles said with WinRAR didn't work it could be it was zipped with the Japanese text already scrambled.

My screenshot in the spoiler shows how to extract Japanese files names properly with Bandizip.
I think they were zipped wrong.

Fjjdmyrhy

Nov 9, 2018
Ok, so I installed Xupefei Locale Emulator, and know, that I tried to delete this, 2 things don't want to be deleted, saying it is open on windows explorer: LECommonLibrary.dll and LEContextMenuHandler.dll
Anyone can help me with this problem?

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote