How to translate games made with SRPG Studio Game Engine?

Jun 1, 2017
Hey guys. I'm experimenting with SRPG studio, and I've got a game data file that I'm trying to crack open, with the goal of translating dialogue. I've followed the advise in the thread above, and I've hit an error. I'm not experienced with Java in the slightest, so I'd really appreciate some assistance with this problem.

PowershellScreencap.png

dexyne

Jan 26, 2019
hewhocumsbynight You don't need the '[' or ']' in the command, when something is in brackets it's an optional argument/parameter. To use it just put '--key arg' As for the last try I don't think you need any arguments at all.

On my part, the command gives me an error of illicit memory capacity or something like that and does not produce any result.

At most, I got some graphic files (some animation effect) but after a few files I got the error (maybe I need to specify something to allow more resources or the program/Java has a limitation, though it would be strange for just extracting stuff on a less than 1Go file).

Last edited:
Reactions: NSolas
Jun 1, 2017
Damn. It really feels like it shouldn't be this difficult. I mean, why would the dialogue be different then the other game data?

Thanks for the help, dexyne.

2ndGentle

Dec 14, 2020
Hey guys.
I'm not good at English, However, I posted it because it is a very interesting topic.
The tool can extract assets such as images and audio.
However, data such as game settings and text are included in the [.srpg] file.
Unfortunately, this tool cannot decompile .srpg files.
Previously, the creators of this tool were aiming for it, but now it seems they aren't.
I couldn't find any tools that can decompile to .srpg files, at least on Japanese sites.
Finding a way to decompile .srpg files will make translation and editing a lot easier.

Reactions: DrobbX and D-us

LEWDpyon

Aug 18, 2018
I'm trying to use the extractor to create a CG rip but everything's apparently empty

Screenshot (47).png

Last edited:

TrickyL

Aug 18, 2017
how would I decrypt it then
You need a copy of a file which has been encrypted and it decycpted form. Then use the program to generate a key file, which can then be used to extract the data. The simplest way to get a copy of a file in both forms would be to use srpgstudio itself to encrypt a known file. However I'm not 100% sure the process still works with newer versions of srpg studio - they may of changed it in the three years or so since the program was made.

Artiour

Sep 24, 2017
what to do now?
I have extracted and now I have two folders plus one file called project.no-srpgs

Jimmyodi841

May 4, 2018
Hello.
The translation only works if I run the game from Mtool
Is that how it works? or am i doing something wrong.