• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Tutorial Unity How To Uncensor (Almost) Any Unity Game

Prick

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
I tried my luck with game. Unfortunately all assets are bundled, there are no solo asset files like resources.assets or others but I could open data.unity3d and found 3 monoscript entries with mosaic in the name. So I tried the simple monoscript deletion by removing all 3 of them and saving the file. After saving data.unity3d it went from previously 26MB to 174MB, the game still ran without problems but the mosaic was also still existing. There are also some bundles in streaming assets with lots of unnamed assets inside, so maybe there is more than just those monoscripts.

Any help?
Try opening the asset files through asset studio, and check all of the texture2d files.
99% of 2D sprite games are censored via baked artwork.

herbstpoet

Apr 18, 2018
Try opening the asset files through asset studio, and check all of the texture2d files.
99% of 2D sprite games are censored via baked artwork.
I'm 99% sure the artwork isn't censored and it's a shader or something because during the animations the mosaic it self doesn't move but there is something moving behind the mosaic.

Prick

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
I'm 99% sure the artwork isn't censored and it's a shader or something because during the animations the mosaic it self doesn't move but there is something moving behind the mosaic.
have you browsed the textures to prove that?
they can apply a filter over the texture sheets which can appear identical to a shader.
just depends on the type of animations used.

also, asset studio will show you the names of all the unnamed assets, not sure why UABE cant.

funog1

Modder
Mar 2, 2017
I tried my luck with game. Unfortunately all assets are bundled, there are no solo asset files like resources.assets or others but I could open data.unity3d and found 3 monoscript entries with mosaic in the name. So I tried the simple monoscript deletion by removing all 3 of them and saving the file. After saving data.unity3d it went from previously 26MB to 174MB, the game still ran without problems but the mosaic was also still existing. There are also some bundles in streaming assets with lots of unnamed assets inside, so maybe there is more than just those monoscripts.

Any help?
Removing monoscripts is way old and could very well lead to breaking something else IMO.

Like any other unity game using .bundle you probably won't be able to remove the mosaic with standard methods. Normally when it comes to mosaic removals my goto is always shaders, in the case of this game it's "FX/Censor" in the "skeletons_assets_all_7c205770527be21024ca38e0a02780c0.bundle". I have yet to find a way to export, mod, then repack a .bundle and get it working successfully.

So no shader modding either.:unsure:

This means assembly modification would be the way to go. Normally I'd point you to the but even those don't seem to work properly. I have my own version that I actually had to rewrite to get it to work in this game, but it is working. All you need is bepinex then drop my dll in the "plugins" folder. Sadly the game also uses texture censors like Prick suggested so it's not a complete win.

herbstpoet

Apr 18, 2018
Meh, that sucks. Thanks for your help, funog1.
Unfortunately the dll you provided doesn't do anything for me. I tried with the lates BepinEx 5.4.15 and all I get is this preloader log.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

funog1

Modder
Mar 2, 2017
Meh, that sucks. Thanks for your help, funog1.
Unfortunately the dll you provided doesn't do anything for me. I tried with the lates BepinEx 5.4.15 and all I get is this preloader log.
Odd, does it do that when it's just bepinex without my plugin? I tried both the 32 and 64bit versions and had no problem. The version of the game I tried was from February and came from nyaa.

herbstpoet

Apr 18, 2018
Odd, does it do that when it's just bepinex without my plugin? I tried both the 32 and 64bit versions and had no problem. The version of the game I tried was from February and came from nyaa.
Yep, does that without your plugin too after I added Bepinex. According to DLSite the game never got an update so the game files don't seem to be the problem. My version came from Hentai Bedta, also from February. Could it be ReiPatcher or AutoTranslator? Those were already included in my version.

funog1

Modder
Mar 2, 2017
Yep, does that without your plugin too after I added Bepinex. According to DLSite the game never got an update so the game files don't seem to be the problem. My version came from Hentai Bedta, also from February. Could it be ReiPatcher or AutoTranslator? Those were already included in my version.
Ah that is the problem, reipatcher is destructive when it applies itself. If you want to use bepinex you need to get rid of reipatcher.
If memory servers right you need to delete the ReiPatcher folder then go into the {game}_Data/Managed folder and delete anything that shares the same "date modified" as the ReiPatcher.exe as well as the exe. Then find the file with the extension {timestamp}.bak and delete everything in the last part of the name until you are back to .dll Example: Test.dll.2020-02-20_02-20-22.bak to Test.dll. Doing so will remove reipatcher and you can get bepinex up and running. Just move the autotranslation folder into the one created by bepinex if you use the bepinex autotranslator and you should be good.

Sidenote, if you ever see a game that has both reipatcher and bepinex you can know that whoever repacked the game has no clue what they are doing.

herbstpoet

Apr 18, 2018
Sidenote, if you ever see a game that has both reipatcher and bepinex you can know that whoever repacked the game has no clue what they are doing.
And again learned something new. Now everything works as it should and the censor is at least less annoying and extreme. Thanks for your help.

NekoAira

Nov 29, 2020
i had a problem.
there is a game use compressed file(format is bundle),after modified and compressed,the game could not read the file correctly.
i also noticed that the format of file compressed by UABE is **.unity3d.
do i did anything wrong?
i know few about this game engine.

AkagiVoid

Feb 12, 2020
i had a problem.
there is a game use compressed file(format is bundle),after modified and compressed,the game could not read the file correctly.
do i did anything wrong?
Not 2 stab U in the back but did u try dis yeeet?
It would save U a lot of time hunting down mosaic BS. XD
1633277062579.png

Prick

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
i had a problem.
do i did anything wrong?
*deleted

I've updated the living fuck out of the OP.

Includes compressed assets.

Last edited:

Prick

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
any one could add texture to Secrossphere uncen this game need more work to be uncensored
I did a little digging on this game a while back, basically nobody gives a shit about this game lol.
There really isn't any mods available for it. Probably because it's an inferior game compared to other Illusion titles.
That's the consensus I've found, but if you dig hard enough, there could be some mods out there somewhere.

Thekiller47

Apr 26, 2018
I did a little digging on this game a while back, basically nobody gives a shit about this game lol.
There really isn't any mods available for it. Probably because it's an inferior game compared to other Illusion titles.
That's the consensus I've found, but if you dig hard enough, there could be some mods out there somewhere.
nothing found... even unce mod its not complete

xianjiazu

Oct 11, 2021
Quick question, I have been trying to uncensor Otogi frontier; this is a unity game, but I cant seem to find the mosaic file, does anyone knows the location?

Prick

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
Quick question, I have been trying to uncensor Otogi frontier; this is a unity game, but I cant seem to find the mosaic file, does anyone knows the location?
need a link to the game page or something

xianjiazu

Oct 11, 2021
need a link to the game page or something
So the thing about this game is that it is an online web/android game that is published by johren and dmm. I saw on hitomi.la that some guy uncensored the cgs, I am just wondering how did he do it?

here is the johren link:

here is the dmm link: