• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

TK8000

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
Now that I think about it... why is this one not on Itch or some other platform? For wider audience, not just players from F95?
I don't want too much audience because I prefer to stay kind of in the shadows. That avoids a lot of problems like Patreon censorship or even the guys from Illusion or Fakku getting upset about using their games to create visual novels.
With the money I make on Patreon I can support my current simplistic lifestyle and I don't have many ambitions, so I just want to try to finish my games without any outside interference fucking things up.

punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
I don't want too much audience because I prefer to stay kind of in the shadows. That avoids a lot of problems like Patreon censorship or even the guys from Illusion or Fakku getting upset about using their games to create visual novels.
With the money I make on Patreon I can support my current simplistic lifestyle and I don't have many ambitions, so I just want to try to finish my games without any outside interference fucking things up.
I thought Illusion only had issues if you try to put something on steam?

MaviusJones

Mar 23, 2019
Love the game, I'm busy replaying it for the 3rd time but this time around I noticed something that is really bothersome. I'm wondering if it's a translation issue.

The moment anything sexual is mentioned/seen/brought up, MC or the NPC's repeatedly use the word 'pervert'. I just got to the scene where MC finds Mila's dildo and he's all like "Wait, are you a pervert too?!"...

This is the wrong usage of the word. Merely being sexual doesn't make you a pervert. Being a pervert means being into sexual things that are considered 'not normal'.

Colloquially the word has morphed to mean 'someone that can't stop from staring at bodies/thinks about sex all the time' but it's still kind of immersion breaking here seeing it used merely to refer to someone being into sex things. I mean one of the characters accuses you of being a pervert for merely enjoying a kiss...

So is this a translation thing and the word means something else outside America?

TK8000

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
Love the game, I'm busy replaying it for the 3rd time but this time around I noticed something that is really bothersome. I'm wondering if it's a translation issue.

The moment anything sexual is mentioned/seen/brought up, MC or the NPC's repeatedly use the word 'pervert'. I just got to the scene where MC finds Mila's dildo and he's all like "Wait, are you a pervert too?!"...

This is the wrong usage of the word. Merely being sexual doesn't make you a pervert. Being a pervert means being into sexual things that are considered 'not normal'.

Colloquially the word has morphed to mean 'someone that can't stop from staring at bodies/thinks about sex all the time' but it's still kind of immersion breaking here seeing it used merely to refer to someone being into sex things. I mean one of the characters accuses you of being a pervert for merely enjoying a kiss...

So is this a translation thing and the word means something else outside America?
That's exactly the problem. My English has improved a bit since I started with these games - the first versions of Solvalley were quite difficult to understand - but for me it's difficult to find certain meanings of words because I'm not intimate with the English-speaking culture. I don't know for example what is the colloquial word for "person with such excessive sex drive that he feels like fucking his own mother", so I just use "perv" most of the time.

Reactions: MaviusJones

Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
I don't know for example what is the colloquial word for "person with such excessive sex drive that he feels like fucking his own mother", so I just use "perv" most of the time.
Word you are looking for here is probably degenerate. ;)
Pervert is like a lot of words in the English language, so overused that it means everything and nothing. Kind of like love. :giggle:

JoePlant

May 2, 2017
Word you are looking for here is probably degenerate. ;)
Pervert is like a lot of words in the English language, so overused that it means everything and nothing. Kind of like love. :giggle:
"sexual deviant", while gender neutral, could also be apt.

As for the "excessive sex drive" the term would be nymphomania (for women), satyriasis (for men) or hyper sexuality (gender neutral).

TK8000, the phrasing you used is apt enough given your target audience. In the U.S., there really isn't a colloquial term for such. Oh wait. There is a direct term for it. Son wants his mother would be an Oedipus complex.

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

When I finally finish Solvalley...
I will most likely start a new project with the same style, but better character models, better images, better animations, better resolution (at least 16:9 1080p), better writing, etc.
I'm in doubt whether to use Honey Select 1 or 2, I will experiment in the future to see which gives the best results. I have experimented with programs like DAZ Studio and have gotten some acceptable renders, but my ability to create animations in that program is almost nil when compared to Honey Select or Koikatu. So maybe I will do some small projects with DAZ but without it being the focus of my efforts because I think animations are completely essential for my games. I don't intend to use Koikatu (the same one I use for HS Tutor) because I want the game that replaces Solvalley to have more "realistic" and less "cute" graphics.
The game feeling will be "Solvalley style" instead of "HS Tutor style". I don't want the school theme anymore, I was thinking something like an office and all its different employees (mostly women obviously) or maybe just have the player arrive in a new small town where he will have the opportunity to meet its inhabitants and have sex with them. One thing I definitely want to change is the way the player gets around. Clicking on places and arrows is horrible, I will think of something like a "girl finder": you decide which girl you want to meet and the game will direct you to where she's at the moment, instead of you going around looking for them.
But these are just plans, I'll concentrate on HS Tutor and Solvalley before I think too much about it.

What I'm going to do now
I'm going to create two updates in a row for HS Tutor. The first will only have two scenes, one on the beach with Kelly, Charlotte and Megan; the other will be the Strip Poker final which will end with lots of sex.
In the second update I will probably go back to Scarlett, that girl who plays shogi, but I also want to start adding scenes with the school principal and her daughter (possibly two daughters?). The principal's daughter(s) will be the last characters added to the game, along with that cousin (sister? I don't even remember, I need to check) of Mila's that only appears in one picture for now.

sasxmjcn

Dec 8, 2020
ill be the last characters added to the game, along with that cousin (sister? I don't even remember, I need to check) of Mila's that only appears in one picture for now.

mil "Wait! It's a much better story about the apartment my cousin July has on the beach."

TK8000

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
is there a hint system or something?
Usually the phone (which only appears on the city map) tells you what to do, but if you go to the girls' information screen and click on the event list, the less obvious events have a "hint" that tells you exactly what to do.

By the way, in future projects of mine, I will simplify this part. The player won't need to look for girls, or click on maps, he will simply click on the girl of interest in a "girl finder" and the game will direct him to the location where she is automatically.

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
Does the gallery unlocker work for Mac? Because its not working for me.
It should I think. It‘s just a profile file that tells the game that you saw all scenes.
Search for the persistent file and replace it.

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
View attachment 2119283
theres 2 which one do i replace
I am pretty sure that are the wrong persistent files. The persistent file you need has to be with your saves and it doesn't have a file extension. I sadly don't know much about Mac.

I wonder if it works like on Windows. If so. Make folder named "saves" in the game folder and put the persistent file inside the saves folder.

TK8000

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
I am thinking of adding an "official" gallery unlock to the game, but I haven't found any decent way to do this yet in Ren'py. If anyone has a suggestion I'll take it.

Reactions: keefer43

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
Dunno really how that works but is there a possibility to put in a button that does what the persistent does? Just markes every scene as already seen?

or you could ask some of the modder here like LightmanP , srksrk 68 , KoGa3 .Maybethey have an idea.

4.20 star(s) 82 Votes