3.60 star(s) 20 Votes

Dragonsprite

Oct 31, 2017
I get a crash every savegame load after a minute or 2 but it seems DX 11 isn't playing nicely on this in Win 7. Older/last version didn't have this issue.

kaona

Apr 10, 2018
so now that the video that was linked to in earlier posts is defunct can someone give me actual instructions on how to get the scene with dhax the bosun?

Al Bhed Primer

Nov 16, 2019
so now that the video that was linked to in earlier posts is defunct can someone give me actual instructions on how to get the scene with dhax the bosun?
When you try to seduce him he tells you to first talk to all the crew, I just listened to all their backstories then went back to him and tried again, listened to his too then i could seduce him.

crash.7ds

Nov 18, 2018
I'm sure the dev would favor seeing more specific suggestions on where or how to improve things rather than the ambiguous "game bad" statement. What's the worst thing this game does and how would you do it differently? I don't dissagree it needs work, and quite a bit to be honest, but that by itself helps no one.

Bruhaha213

Aug 21, 2019
I'm sure the dev would favor seeing more specific suggestions on where or how to improve things rather than the ambiguous "game bad" statement. What's the worst thing this game does and how would you do it differently? I don't dissagree it needs work, and quite a bit to be honest, but that by itself helps no one.
Faster movement between open spaces
  • Game world is too big and too empty. I often use Cheat Engine's Speedhacks whenever I need to go outside of the towns. Improving the player's movement options would be nice. Like a "Feral Sprint" mode where your character drops to all-fours and runs top speed. While in this mode, you can't do anything other than run around so it won't affect any of the interactions.
If there was more to explore/discover or the world was severely condensed, I'd be fine with how the player currently moves. But as evidenced by the new lizard island, this isn't how the dev designs levels.

Point787

Sep 16, 2021
What's the worst thing this game does and how would you do it differently?
First of all development scope, clearly they made is fakingly too big for such game, but at this point it's just too abitious. Why not make tiny island with lots of point of interests rather making big huge empty environment with huge gaps between all NPCs?

Because of that scale, game runs pretty slow in city/town I'm getting 40fps on good PC (1080ti, 64GB, Ryzen 2700)
They stated many times that, this game is more story leaning, but for fresh users it's very frustating, no navigation, no marks on map, nothing.
Okay they really wanted to make such big scale, then give us transportation - feral horses, strangers with fast travel or atleast anything to move faster than running for 10 minutes for nothing.

Time wasting dialogues. I know it's always a good thing in games, it should be here if you want more story oriented game, but it's not Tarantino movie, this game is just full of useless and annoying dialogues. Such NPCs making littile to no for overall story, why would i read wall of text how X NPC loves to chop wood and his backstory that leads to nowhere (like why interacting with NPC that leads to nothing, he could give tiny quest and recieve sex as reward)

Next things are more personal nitpicks. What's going on with art direction? Why there's always sunset? Why overall color palette is extremely dull, dirty and looks repulsive?
Don't get me wrong, I recognize many Unity assets here, it's all well designed and I think they made some effort making different assets looks common, but overall game looks pretty ugly, pretty much because of it's scale, you can't make detailed scene when your map is 10x10km.

I will not mention animations, because again, it's story oriented game, all I can say it's well done but lacking final cum.

Finally, 3 characters since very early days, I can say this is extremely ridiculous. Seeing cats (yes, cats, because dog is made from cat face) in every corner of the map, not even just different species of cats/dogs, just changing colors.
In recent builds we've got third lizard like species this is some progress, but after 5 years is kinda frustating for a project that already making sales on Steam and making money from Patreon.

Basically what we've got here:
Game with interesting story, semi-linear plot with interesting places? No. It's running simulator with kilometers long dialogues.
Game with good fap content? Again no, you have to pass all dialogues to watch b-level animations with no final cum whatsoever.
Maybe this game offers stunning visuals? No, this game looks fucking ugly

That's the problem when you creating big open world game, optimization should be here in first place and user friendliness on second place and of cource gamplay mechanics and visuals. This game fails almost in every aspect.

Caerna

Dec 29, 2018
Because of that scale, game runs pretty slow in city/town
Nope, it is slow because they are using extremely heavy light-shadow system and overly high poly modular assets. And I'm not sure if there's any proper chunk loading, geometry culling and memory management systems as sometimes game dips hard even if you look in town's general direction while being in the other side of the island.

It's one of those games that if not abandoned by devs will be made better and better by modding community. But until then it's not for everyone.

Point787

Sep 16, 2021
Nope, it is slow because they are using extremely heavy light-shadow system and overly high poly modular assets. And I'm not sure if there's any proper chunk loading, geometry culling and memory management systems as sometimes game dips hard even if you look in town's general direction while being in the other side of the island.

It's one of those games that if not abandoned by devs will be made better and better by modding community. But until then it's not for everyone.
I do believe that most of modular assets baked into one model, however occlusion culling is really needed in towns, also could be whacky unoptimized code (Yandere Simulator pretty good example)

kaona

Apr 10, 2018
When you try to seduce him he tells you to first talk to all the crew, I just listened to all their backstories then went back to him and tried again, listened to his too then i could seduce him.
i did that and i exhausted all dialogue options with all four other crew members as well as him, and i cant get the stupid option to come up, can someone give me like, literal choice by choice instructions? something im trying to do requires me to be on 'good terms' with dhax and nothing is working

zoleth

Jun 9, 2019
There's any news about new releases of the game?
In their last Patreon post (July 10th), they wrote:
All aboard the loveship!

The next build will have a first pass of ship decorations. The first pass basically just means that the ship is *decorated*, but we want to make some nicer assets for some places and add more things later on (like we do with islands too) ^^

Tour ahoy, from bow to aft, and, well, mostly top to bottom!

(here they put some pics of the boat that I didn't include)

And for the build;

There’s still a bit to do. Some writing still to do about quest and encounter involving the ancient ful statue on Skiia :3

Fur replacement is nearly done, and there’s a few additional optimizations on top of it that we’re still working on and tweaking.

More snippets soon!

With luv <3
Ruffle

The post is public on patreon, so you can see it and follow progress there.

Reactions: SardanticDecay

Ravenmore

Dec 20, 2017
Any help on getting the rifle to actually work? I have it equipped and ammo as well but nothing happens when I try to use it.

3.60 star(s) 20 Votes