• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Completed Hustle Town [Complete] [Mickydoo]

3.80 star(s) 46 Votes
Jun 6, 2021
Alright I finally got around to finishing this one. The best way I can put this folks is like so: Did you ever see the show Leverage? Imagine if there were more adult moments and instead of multiple unrelated heists there was one big heist that required loads of legwork with a massive buildup to it all while still trying to find and put together the team.

Well worth checking out. One of the best if it gets the polish it deserves and a great starting point for a series.

The only downsides are that some of the female characters act like incels.

dbp5ca

Donor
Mar 13, 2017
Almost finished of finally playing this. Finished "A Few Days" and really enjoyed it so thought I would check out Mickydoo's first game.
Really loving the dialogue, characters and the quirky setting. I'm starting a fresh game and playing the final build and ran into this issue:
Once the game comes to a point where you use purple button 1 and 2 for animations, the game stops showing the animations. Just shows a still and nothing happens when you click 1 and 2. I checked the resources for one of the events and there was supposed to be animations (Mai shower scene). So I am going to assume this was the case for all the events.
mickydoo Have you seen this issue before or do you have a fix for it? (unlike the original poster the buttons have failed on every animation scene for me)

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
Almost finished of finally playing this. Finished "A Few Days" and really enjoyed it so thought I would check out Mickydoo's first game.
Really loving the dialogue, characters and the quirky setting. I'm starting a fresh game and playing the final build and ran into this issue:

mickydoo Have you seen this issue before or do you have a fix for it? (unlike the original poster the buttons have failed on every animation scene for me)
Are you playing it on windows?

Reactions: dbp5ca

dbp5ca

Donor
Mar 13, 2017
Are you playing it on windows?
Thanks for the amazingly fast response :) I am playing on windows in full screen mode. I can hear the video from the animations but they aren't playing. The movies are there (extremely good animations btw).

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
Thanks for the amazingly fast response :) I am playing on windows in full screen mode. I can hear the video from the animations but they aren't playing. The movies are there (extremely good animations btw).
Do they work in windowed mode, I have not got it on this PC to try myself

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
Here's a save from the start of the Mai / Aika threesome where none of the animations are playing for me.
When the first image appears, and you click more (or next what it said) it just shows the next image and plays the sound like you said BUT -

Just click the screen, they played for me then.

dbp5ca

Donor
Mar 13, 2017
When the first image appears, and you click more (or next what it said) it just shows the next image and plays the sound like you said BUT -

Just click the screen, they played for me then.
Thanks for the help. I did what you suggested but still no playing animations. I clicked before clicking more and no motion and after clicking more same thing. I tried a few other places where there are animations and have the same issue.
No biggie, I've finished the game and quite enjoyed it.
You've got real talent. Your characters are fun and the scenes and rendering are top notch.
Once again thanks for trying to hunt this down for me, wish all devs were this friendly :)

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
Thanks for the help. I did what you suggested but still no playing animations. I clicked before clicking more and no motion and after clicking more same thing. I tried a few other places where there are animations and have the same issue.
No biggie, I've finished the game and quite enjoyed it.
You've got real talent. Your characters are fun and the scenes and rendering are top notch.
Once again thanks for trying to hunt this down for me, wish all devs were this friendly :)
Im surprised it even works, the code is as dodgy as all fuck :ROFLMAO: :p :oops: It wont even play through my new code editor,.
But ty for the kind words, I have my third game on the go here
https://f95zone.to/threads/why-you-kick-my-dog-and-call-him-fuck-off-worlds-slowest-dev-log.122823/
if you want to keep up.

dbp5ca

Donor
Mar 13, 2017
Im surprised it even works, the code is as dodgy as all fuck :ROFLMAO: :p :oops: It wont even play through my new code editor,.
But ty for the kind words, I have my third game on the go here
https://f95zone.to/threads/why-you-kick-my-dog-and-call-him-fuck-off-worlds-slowest-dev-log.122823/
if you want to keep up.
Yeah I saw that in the other thread. Definitely going to be following that one. Once again thank you for your responses.:D(y)
ps. Just went up the thread to make sure I got likes on all your responses and I gotta say, Dude you are really killing this customer service side of development LOL
pp.s If you can get Patreon to fix the issues with paying through PayPal you'll be up another follower.

Last edited:

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
If you can get Patreon to fix the issues with paying through PayPal you'll be up another follower.
I did not there was any issue, you can just use a credit card. I use payoneer for payouts, my personal paypal is only for ebay and phone credit, I seldom use it apart from that.

Daemon88

Oct 7, 2018

My first playthrough and I'm having the same issue. Just did the Mai shower scene but there was a scene before that (Amy?) which did the same thing.

3.80 star(s) 46 Votes