Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Hypnosis - OscarSix's Walkthrough, Scene Gallery, Improvements Mod [1.0.1] [Expanding Universe]

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
Needed? No
Could you send the error report, never seen such an error before.
Let me see if i can recover it.
I got it working by not copying that directory over so i'm not sure if that was in conflict or not.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Things i checked in specific order when getting this to work.
Launched un-modded game (launched no issue)
Launched game with Un-Ren Dev/Rollback Enabled (Launched)
Added Mod without that copying "python-packages" directory. (Launched).

Not sure which if any steps resolved that issue though.

Last edited:

OscarSix

Modder
Donor
Jul 27, 2019
Let me see if i can recover it.
I got it working by not copying that directory over so i'm not sure if that was in conflict or not.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Things i checked in specific order when getting this to work.
Launched un-modded game (launched no issue)
Launched game with Un-Ren Dev/Rollback Enabled (Launched)
Added Mod without that copying "python-packages" directory. (Launched).

Not sure which if any steps resolved that issue though.
Thanks, I will keep an eye on it

peulaupeu

Aug 26, 2019
Ok, so I took some time during the week-end to put something together. Be warned, though: at this stage, this is alpha quality and needs testing. That's were the most eager of you come in! We need you testing the mod and checking that:
  • No significant choice has been missed or misinterpreted
  • No content is missing in the gallery
  • Nothing got broken !
I'll fix things up along the way, and I guess OscarSix will be able to include our work in a mod release in a few days time. Let's help the man ! You can grab the alpha code , and install as usual.

Last edited:

gigidurul1111

Jun 5, 2017
Is the python-packages directory needed ?
Only asking because when i launch the game with the mod i get "Value to long to covert to short" and that's the only thing that looks different from prior mod versions.
Had the same issue when using "RenPy universal transparent textbox mod by Penfold Mole". Just delete "y_outline.rpy" file from inside Hypnosis/game folder. See if it works.

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
Had the same issue when using "RenPy universal transparent textbox mod by Penfold Mole". Just delete "y_outline.rpy" file from inside Hypnosis/game folder. See if it works.
Already solved my issue.
I wasn't using said other mod so it's not a mod conflict or a matter of removing said file.

Tanaxanth

Donor
Mar 2, 2018
Ok, so I took some time during the week-end to put something together. Be warned, though: at this stage, this is alpha quality and needs testing. That's were the most eager of you come in! We need you testing the mod and checking that:
  • No significant choice has been missed or misinterpreted
  • No content is missing in the gallery
  • Nothing got broken !
I'll fix things up along the way, and I guess OscarSix will be able to include our work in a mod release in a few days time. Let's help the man ! You can grab the alpha code , and install as usual.
How is development of this going?

peulaupeu

Aug 26, 2019
How is development of this going?
Well I've updated the mod to 1.0.4 a few days after it was published here, but since it was a non-final version I decided to wait until the full update. Now that 1.0.5 has been uploaded, I'm downloading it and will see how fast I manage to update the code with what time my family and work activities allow me to give it.
I'll keep you guys posted !

peulaupeu

Aug 26, 2019
OK, so here's a . This should work fine, but I tried a few new things with the WT hints since it's become quite complex lately. I probably missed a few scenes as well.

So what I'm saying is, just as before, I'd appreciate for you guys to test this and give feedback. If you get errors, please give us details. If you think scenes are missing, please tell us which ones (with a screenshot of a dialog, which should help finding it in the code). I'll probably revisit the gallery some other time, since it's become a bit messy with all the girls in this game !

OscarSix if you think the code is good enough in its current state, please tell me so and I'll create a PR !

Other than that, enjoy !

Tom Clark

Jun 9, 2018
PLEASE READ:
  1. This game is substantially large and I have likely missed a couple of gallery scenes.

Any missing gallery scenes please include an image of the scene with some text. This will make searching for the scene much quicker.
Do you when you'll finish the mods for tales from unending void and hypnosis