Unity Hypnotizing the rich bitch into my personal plaything [v1.20] [Dobuworks]

4.60 star(s) 50 Votes

Ilbrya

Mar 22, 2022
just my two cents:
since the new rules talk only about "installs", the way the game is packaged and sold (a portable app) may bypass the whole issue altogether

and since it takes effect from January 2024, dobu may as well just continue working with unity and do a limited sale a month or two prior, then close it by the end of the year

i could see later installments of this game franchise under a new engine, but it would initially slow down development time as they get around to learning/porting things over; or released as drop-in DLCs to the portable package (like MBM), and continue development as-is IF portable games aren't affected by unity's greed

the only time it would be affected is if dobu wants to release the games on steam for better exposure, as those would count as installs; but it seems unlikely given the theme of the franchise

Last edited:

Roseys

Jul 24, 2017
Decent game, I'll have to look at it at a later date to see what updates they do - especially the glance at the new cross-section part

Someonewho

Dec 14, 2018
since the new rules talk only about "installs", the way the game is packaged and sold (a portable app) may bypass the whole issue altogether
It doesn't matter if it's a portable app, if the unity runtime checks that it's being run for the first time (in a new PC? Don't know how they will handle this) it will count as a new install.

kumarin

Feb 19, 2022
Could someone tell me why latest BepInEx doesn't work with it, so I have to use BepInEx_UnityIL2CPP
Doesn't works with ? do you download from ?
My plugin is for BepInEx 5. 's over #6xx is BepInEx 6. not compatible with.
use the .

Allisee

May 23, 2018
Doesn't works with ? do you download from ?
My plugin is for BepInEx 5. 's over #6xx is BepInEx 6. not compatible with.
use the .
I download from usually, so yeah maybe not compatible. Anyway thanks for the plugin

katabasi

Jun 6, 2017
nvm

"Frequently Asked Questions
When will it be released?
I do not know when the project will be complete, and if asked, I will not answer.
This is be cause if I specify the due date, quality is sacrified in order to meet it, and when it is is postponed, I receive slanderous comments."
give a ballpark ffs
stupid devs dont even know if its next moth or next 10 years smh

Reactions: Hakuowlo

kumarin

Feb 19, 2022
I download from usually, so yeah maybe not compatible. Anyway thanks for the plugin
BepInEx 5.4.22, It's for unity mono. this game client is unity il2cpp. BepInEx 5.4.22 is not works with.
use the BepInEx 6.0.0-pre.1 on that site. It supports BepInEx 5 il2cpp. may be you have an x86 client.
If not works, try move game folder to another place.

Last edited:

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
give a ballpark ffs
stupid devs dont even know if its next moth or next 10 years smh
You don't give an estimate you aren't sure about to some degree, that's just asking for the player base to get pissed off when you end up missing it. Even the loosest of estimates, with warnings that there is a high likelihood it won't happen, causes that. It's better to just say 'it's done when it's done' and leave it there until release.

Alpha & Bravo

Mar 29, 2022
Again, I ask if anyone is willing to help me with an issue. My game won't start after opening it, even after I used LocaleEmulator. Any assistance is appreciated.

katabasi

Jun 6, 2017
You don't give an estimate you aren't sure about to some degree, that's just asking for the player base to get pissed off when you end up missing it. Even the loosest of estimates, with warnings that there is a high likelihood it won't happen, causes that. It's better to just say 'it's done when it's done' and leave it there until release.
that just means u are shit at ur job and should do something else

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
that just means u are shit at ur job and should do something else
No, developers are not all powerful, they cannot prevent every potential delay. The only thing they can do is keep going and hope they get an update out when they hope to have it out by, or failing that, soon after that point. The only thing telling us would do is give people an excuse to berate them for what could potentially be a delay they could not control. We won't even know if it gets delayed if they never give us a date, which leaves no excuse to berate them for said delay since no one on the outside would know it happened.

4.60 star(s) 50 Votes