3.40 star(s) 7 Votes

Cendash

May 30, 2021
Shouldn't there be more bush in the 80s?
Yes, you are correct.
As somebody who was in highschool in the late 80's, inspecting as much of it as possible, there was a lot of bush. It would have been considered bizarre for a girl to shave bald in those days. She would have been teased mercilessly. Unless she was on the swim team or was a real powerhouse personality. She would still take a bit of heat for it.

As I recall:
75% of girls: Full bush, with perhaps the edges shaved-back during the summer, so it doesn't show in a swim suit or short shorts, like volleyball etc. There was a general premise that only girls that expected somebody to see their pelt would groom it. So they were expected to land a boyfriend while sporting a full beaver, then they could style it a bit for him after that.

24% of girls: Some grooming. Clippers to reduce the hair to half length, but still way longer than you see now. Shaving edges to have clear labia (maybe, but maybe not) and a patch about the size of a 1/4 folded dollar bill or bigger.

1%: Fully clearcut like you see now-a-days. Just the swim team and some assorted weirdos.

Since these were young humans, their bushes were only grown in to random degrees. Some started with a full jungle, some did not.

Then, in the 90's it seemed like the total amount of pubes for the entire population reduced to half. Yay! The idea that women could groom their coochie for their own preference, even if they had no plan to display it, became the norm. It was a good time!

Reactions: Necronlord3

TheFamilyDog

Jan 25, 2022
While I haven't played the game, I keep thinking I need to find some "Best of the 80's" on youtube to listen too while playing.

Deleted member 3917737

Jul 12, 2021
While I haven't played the game, I keep thinking I need to find some "Best of the 80's" on youtube to listen too while playing.
The music in the game is awesome! I would suggest playing the game and listening to the tracks before jumping onto Youtube and missing out on some Gnarly Tuneage... Yesh, I said Gnarly, big whoop, want to fight about it? damn it, family guy >.<

*Continues playing the game*

R.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Saint Blackmoor

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
I don't mind the graphics, but a guide would be good. I get lost pretty quickly in these games if I'm not led around by the hand. :sneaky:
The Dev should take some of the comments to heart and tweak the game, but it's their game, ultimately.

Guide me, baby :ROFLMAO:

SilentMobius

Apr 1, 2020
So, Fatalmasterpiece, great idea, love the idea behing the aesthetics, but I do have some constructive criticism as someone who was a kid in the 80s: Have a think about whether you want the effect to resemble a computer or a VHS recording, don't mix the two. I like the idea of using a filter to minimise the uncanny vally of CG-humans and invoke the feeling of the time but TVs weren't "pixelated" like you are doing and computers were far from good enough to muster the kinds of images your pixelated aesthetic are providing (Even the Amiga HAM mode was 320x256 and had odd blury chroma effects and were then generally shown on CRTs), the problem is, that higher-than-tv-res 24-bit colour makes it look more 90s rather than the 80's aesthetic you're going for..

I see you're adding VHS chroma aberrations (along with the animated tracking fails) so I think you should go all-in with VHS/CRT not computer, so I suggest you have a look at the shaders that retroarch uses to get scanlines, horizontal scanline blur and CRT chroma aberrations (as well as the VHS ones you're using)

Take a look at this:

• I clicked away from the game for a moment near the start of the game and clicking back into the window removed the UI guide before I could read it, maybe have some way to bring that back up again.
  • I managed to get stuck behind Clarissa in front of the school, unable to walk out of that position.
  • When a new area is loading input just freezes, making the player feel like something has gone wrong
  • Please let space, or for that matter, any key advance the dialogue.

But otherwise, interesting so far, good work, unity is hard work for a VN and you're really doing something interesting with the format.

Last edited:

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
After the 0.2 fix the renders look better, still the vhs scanlines crap every couple of seconds is annoying.
Graphics and sound do a good job to give you that retro vibe like Stranger Things and other shows.

Gameplay is just bad. I understand the intent, I played the old vns that inspired it but you don't see games like those anymore for a reason. Their gameplay was obsolete by the 90s already. Nobody wants to spend hours running around searching for random objects or triggers to complete some menial task like opening a fucking door.

Unity is a better engine than renpy to make heavy point and click gameplay but if you are not good at programming in unity the game will have object detection problems among others as in this case. In a game that relies on investigating and moving around those glitches quickly become a pain in the ass.

Overall this is promising if the devs tone down gameplay to a minimun and focus on story, renders and sound.

Last edited:

DeedleConcord

Oct 3, 2021
Am I just too stupid to figure out where and when to use the wrench, or is that "quest" not implemented yet?

Also, this game has potential. I like that it's got a theme other than just college/incest fuckfest. I like that's it's trying something other than just being a visual novel and would prefer you keep the movement. But as others have said, the collision detection needs work, and it desperately needs a way to fast forward through content. Just trying to figure out the wrench was maddening, I can't imagine doing multiple playthroughs without being able to skip/speed-up content I've already seen.

Reactions: Fatalmasterpiece

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
That art-style! This is one to watch. It gives me serious retro feelings.

So... hints? Walkthrough?

Anyway, I would kill for such a game in 1995... Which makes me interested in 2022

Reactions: Fatalmasterpiece
3.40 star(s) 7 Votes