Ren'Py IA2: Cock Hero Adventure [v.2.4.9] [Tribe]

4.40 star(s) 7 Votes

Tribe

Game Developer
May 5, 2021
I paste the 2 hotfix files into the script folder and the game won't start. Where should I copy the 2 hotfix files?
Inside of the game folder. It should ask if you wish to overwrite the files. Answer yes to all.

tempo12358

Jul 10, 2021
Seems like it might be an issue with animated .webp specifically. I believe this might not be supported in renpy in general.

Reactions: Tribe

Tribe

Game Developer
May 5, 2021
Seems like it might be an issue with animated .webp specifically. I believe this might not be supported in renpy in general.
You are quite right. Images are compatible but not animated webp. I assumed that implementing a check to see if the file was loadable would have been sufficient to prevent crashes, but I was mistaken.
Fixing this will be my next top priority. I'm sorry that I didn't catch this sooner and thanks for bringing this to my attention! (This is a huge help)

Adictoris

Feb 13, 2018
having fun and looking forward to more adventure mode! What are the icons/buttons on the right, though?

[EDIT] nevermind - maybe make a link to the adventure tutorial in the other one ;)

Last edited:

Tribe

Game Developer
May 5, 2021
having fun and looking forward to more adventure mode! What are the icons/buttons on the right, though?

[EDIT] nevermind - maybe make a link to the adventure tutorial in the other one ;)
Thanks! I think what I've added to 2.1 already is a huge upgrade, so please do look forward to it. I just need to spray these bugs first. Once I can get this game to stand on its own, I'll consolidate the tutorials for all game modes and add an options menu.
I'm glad you're having fun, Adictoris, I can't think of a better reason to keep improving this game. :coffee: :D

Reactions: GamerDaddy

tempo12358

Jul 10, 2021
You are quite right. Images are compatible but not animated webp. I assumed that implementing a check to see if the file was loadable would have been sufficient to prevent crashes, but I was mistaken.
Fixing this will be my next top priority. I'm sorry that I didn't catch this sooner and thanks for bringing this to my attention! (This is a huge help)
For anyone else that wants to use animated .webp files with this, I found to work fairly well for processing small numbers of files.

Gdiggers

Dec 27, 2019
Someone asked, so here's the quick image/vid pack I made:

Features Dani Daniels, Dolly Little, Belle Knox, Amia Moretti, and Peta Jensen.

Just put the vids in the Cock Hero folder, and the images in the Enemies folder.

Basically just made it so that the images/vids always were the same girls. *shrugs*

Unimatrix001

Oct 3, 2019
Pixeldrain

Just put the vids in the Cock Hero folder, and the images in the Enemies folder.

Basically just made it so that the images/vids always were the same girls. *shrugs*

that's good.Hope the dev will add more packs because this whole game lives off on the amount of videos/pics.

Gdiggers

Dec 27, 2019
that's good.Hope the dev will add more packs because this whole game lives off on the amount of videos/pics.
Basically yeah. Some people like the random pics/gifs/videos in these games, I think a good amount also like the structure of seeing the same faces too.
If I was to have a do-over, i'd put the girls specifically into one area. Kinda a logic stretch that all the girls are in all 3 areas lol. It was my bad for not playing through the game before making it.

Also I'd, if possible idk, tie the 'break' vids to the corresponding area (with the girls in that area).

GamerDaddy

Feb 6, 2023
Basically yeah. Some people like the random pics/gifs/videos in these games, I think a good amount also like the structure of seeing the same faces too.
If I was to have a do-over, i'd put the girls specifically into one area. Kinda a logic stretch that all the girls are in all 3 areas lol. It was my bad for not playing through the game before making it.

Also I'd, if possible idk, tie the 'break' vids to the corresponding area (with the girls in that area).
i tried to do that with the breaks and broke the Adventure part of the game and had to reinstall the game lol

Tribe

Game Developer
May 5, 2021
Someone asked, so here's the quick image/vid pack I made
I see Peta is in here. You're a man of fine taste. FYI: Because Peta is required in all games, this may cause conflicts with the story later down the road, but it should be fine for now.

I tested this to be sure and I'm pretty confident that this should go in the Your Images/Video folder or Cock Hero/rounds folder. Or perhaps they were intended to be breaks? If you put them in the Cock Hero folder, I'm curious where these videos are showing up for you because that would (should) a be a bug.
:oops:

I planned to rely on the community for the most part, but I'll be adding more with each update. I've already reserved some space to host more files because we all agree that more videos/pics are required for this game to be a success. However, we must not lose sight of the original goal of this function, which is to allow the player to engage in the content that best suits them, rather than what the developer provides.

This is my fault because most people who have played this game have no idea that there are different areas. To be honest, I'm not sure where or how I'd post the fact that there are multiple areas. There will be objectives in these areas as the game grows in size and scope, and they will naturally become more obvious, but the lack of clarity is currently causing an issue, which I intend to address.

The idea of the same enemy appearing in two different places had already occurred to me. In fact, there is already an enemy in the base pack who does so. When I started writing the code to make the two different image packs share the same statistics, I realized that once there are 200 enemies in the game, any enemy with the same name will be treated as the same person, despite the fact that they are obviously two separate entities. I had to decide whether to keep Poolside Peta and Lingerie Peta separate people or risk having every Sarah in the game become Hive-Mind Sarah and merge into one. I went with the former...

Of course, if I didn't want the public to be able to mod their own game, this wouldn't be an issue. Any solution that relied on increasing the number of tags or directories was ruled out for the sake of simplicity.

i tried to do that with the breaks and broke the Adventure part of the game and had to reinstall the game lol
This isn't a reference directed at you, GamerDaddy, I just want to make sure no one is having problems with breaks. Thank you for sharing this and prompting me to provide more information.

There appears to be a theme involving 'Breaks' and 'Adventure Mode,' even though the two should not be related. Breaks are used in Cock Hero mode to provide downtime between what would otherwise be a continuous onslaught of smut, whereas breaks are provided for you by default between interactions in Adventure Mode. In Adventure Mode, the game should not allow any breaks from the break folder to appear. If anyone wants to see the breaks outside of Cock Hero mode, simply copy or move them to Your Images, or treat them as Cock Hero videos by moving them to the 'rounds' folder.

There have been a couple reports of breaks appearing in Adventure Mode. I can't reproduce it, but if anyone else runs into this problem, please let me know so that I can keep looking for a solution.

lucratif

Oct 24, 2018
Pixeldrain

I downloaded your pack, I extracted it into the "Game" folder, but when I do an "Adventure mode" I have full errors, and other options just doesn't work (Cock Hero / Play Now!)
I read the thread, I don' know what should I do..

Tribe

Game Developer
May 5, 2021
I downloaded your pack, I extracted it into the "Game" folder, but when I do an "Adventure mode" I have full errors, and other options just doesn't work (Cock Hero / Play Now!)
If you wish to use this, follow the directions underneath the link.
Even still, you shouldn't be getting errors regardless of where you unpack this. If the errors are related to not having images, try the image pack that is linked beneath the game link on the first page.

GamerDaddy

Feb 6, 2023
if you followed the directions and still get a error try to remove a couple videos (my game is video heavy so when i d/l this to use it i had got a error i ended up removing 3 vids and nomore errors)

GamerDaddy

Feb 6, 2023
Public Release: IA2 v2.11

20 hours ago

Patrons:
Please see the change log for 2.1 > 2.11

Many thanks to everyone who provided feedback; it was extremely helpful in implementing many improvements and correcting bugs. I'm sure I've introduced a slew of new bugs, but those will be addressed in due course.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions! I hope you enjoy the update.
Please keep in mind that the game will not work without images/animations. You can use your own images or, if you prefer, you can download a premade image pack from my discord or f95 page.

Unpack the game and copy these folders from your old version into your game folder:
- Cock Hero
- Enemies
- Your Images

2.1 changelog
Adventure Mode
- Expanded encounter dialogue.
- During encounters, enemies can now project images from your 'Your Images' folder. During interactions, there has been additional dialogue and choices related to this content. This feature can be disabled in the tavern.
- As with any other game mode, the images displayed during interactions will reflect whether you succumbed to lust while the image was displayed. (This also has an impact on fap counts!)
- The first metronome has appeared in Adventure Mode for those of you who don't want to count in your head. This feature can be disabled in the tavern.
- Created a secondary (hidden) relationship value with enemies. The visible value changes more quickly and closely functions as a currency, whereas the hidden value changes more slowly. This will be developed further in the near future.
- You can now return to the menu (end adventure) and return to the tavern from the menu. This is particularly important if the player intends to use the add/remove folder function, as it will reflect what content is displayed with the new image update.
- Changed the tracking variables assigned to files so that they communicate with each other across all game modes.
- Fap counts dynamically correspond to and adapt to the content displayed.
Technical Improvements:
- Enemy information/statistics will update and save properly.
- Improved performance by consolidating where game files are loaded.
- Animated webp images no longer cause the game to crash. (gifs and animated webp images are not supported by Ren'Py) Static webp images continue to be accepted.
2.1 > 2.11 changelog

Several tweaks and corrections.
Cock Hero Mode
Breaks are now fully implemented, with the same functionality and randomization as images and videos in adventure mode.
- Breaks options added to the Options menu. You can now enable and disable breaks during Cock Hero mode.
- You can now choose whether you want breaks to appear at predefined times or at random.
- You can control how many videos appear between breaks.
Adventure Mode
Fixes
- Enemy favor will no longer decrease as if you fled after every interaction if you fled once that day. (This was a sneaky bug)
- Loading the game no longer results in an error due to a misspelled variable.

bob035

Mar 31, 2021
Tribe,

Great game so far.
I was wondering if you had plans on letting the player customize the content that is displayed to us by each enemy in adventure mode? Like making it to where a certain enemy can only project images from a certain image pack in the "your images" directory?
Most of all, I would really like to be able to make each enemy only able to project certain cock hero rounds. It throws me off to have a hentai enemy project a "real" cock hero round and vice versa.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Tribe

Game Developer
May 5, 2021
Heya, bob035

Tribe,

Great game so far.
I was wondering if you had plans on letting the player customize the content that is displayed to us by each enemy in adventure mode? Like making it to where a certain enemy can only project images from a certain image pack in the "your images" directory?
Let me first cover my bases in case your question is simpler than I realize:
By adding and removing folders, we can already filter which folders are being used.
If you're referring to customizing enemies individually (1 by 1), I'm afraid there are no plans for it.

Now...
My original assumption is that you're thinking ahead by identifying what it would take to create a truly customizable experience. To do so, we would need to at least filter which content is shown by a specific enemy type. The answer is 'Yes', if that's what you mean. However, a solution for doing so without putting too much of a strain on the player has yet to emerge. That won't be implemented for a while, so I have time to think about it. If you have any suggestions, please share them with me.

Most of all, I would really like to be able to make each enemy only able to project certain cock hero rounds. It throws me off to have a hentai enemy project a "real" cock hero round and vice versa.

Thanks!
This needs to be done right away, and thanks to your post, I've moved it near the top of my priority list. Being able to identify how many images/videos were in the game and not cock hero videos was causing me enough anxiety already. It might not make it to the next patch, which is already well on its way, but it will definitely make it to the next one.

Thank you, bob035
I'm glad you're having fun so far.

Reactions: bob035

Tribe

Game Developer
May 5, 2021
Looks very interesting, hope you try to make more premade tracks/image/video files in the future while keeping the customization option available...
I wanted to follow up with you to let you know that the post with links to more videos is underway.
It will take me more time to put together an unbiased image depository, but it will become available eventually.

And may I ask where can I change the video show length to different from the image show length?
I wanted to let you know that I've already added this to the next patch (version 2.2), please be patient a bit longer.

If it may inspire you, here is the other Cock hero game I was talking about, Replay
Hiya, septacycell!
I wanted to check in with you and let you know that I played the game you recommended. Thank you once more for assisting me in finding new sources of inspiration.
I played a few games like that, but the game that drove me to kick adventure mode into action was:

I wanted to play a simple game just like that but with my own images. I figured if something so simple is rated a 4.7 over there, if I put 10x the effort into something similar, it would be rated at least a 3.7 over here. :unsure::ROFLMAO:

Thanks again, septacycell.

Hello, do you may know what actress is on last picutre (Suzanna) ?

Before writing this post, I was about to place a bounty on her, but thanks to a last-ditch effort and Deoxyribonucleic Acid's post, I was able to track her name down on a YouTube video...

There seems to be a limit to the amount of images/videos it can support. After adding... well, thousands of images and webms, it crashes to desktop just as you open it.
I don't want you to think I've put this issue out of my mind, tangodar.
In short, this issue lies outside of my current capabilities. There's no better way to put it.
In my opinion, this game can't can't be considered complete if it isn't capable of handling an unlimited number of files, despite that it may involve an unlimited loading duration...
I could probably just post a request for a solution, but I need to first do my due diligence in learning the concepts surrounding the problem so that this game doesn't end up being a patchwork of other people's code.

Thanks again for posting this. Even though animated webp images were not accepted, I wanted to keep webp images compatible with the game. They will no longer cause the game to crash. In the future, the game will detect whether or not incompatible files exist within the game (rather than simply ignoring them).

Reactions: septacycell
4.40 star(s) 7 Votes