Ren'Py IA2: Cock Hero Adventure [v.2.4.9] [Tribe]

4.40 star(s) 7 Votes

MrMik

Nov 4, 2018
My game still crashes regularly, I can only imagine this is because of the number of images and/or videos I have. Is there an approximate max. number or any plans to improve it? (fyi, the old Imager is totally fine with the same number of pics and vids, never had a problem)

GamerDaddy

Feb 6, 2023
My game still crashes regularly, I can only imagine this is because of the number of images and/or videos I have. Is there an approximate max. number or any plans to improve it? (fyi, the old Imager is totally fine with the same number of pics and vids, never had a problem)
one or more of your vids/pics didnt convert correctly i had this same issue

Tribe

Game Developer
May 5, 2021
one or more of your vids/pics didnt convert correctly i had this same issue
I can't say exactly where the limit is, but without some form of loading screen (which I'm working on), it appears to be around 40k images and 500 videos. Because your computer's hardware influences these numbers somewhat, I haven't posted a limit. I regularly test the game with 16,500 images, 350 videos, and roughly 150 CH clips/breaks, and I can't even get it to blink.

I believe GamerDaddy has the right of it. The game reads the entire file name as is, including the file extension. If you have an image.gif file that has been renamed image.webm, the game will go through the motions until it ultimately crashes when it encounters an invalid codec. There is no built-in solution at this time. Meanwhile, I will continue to look for ways to make this issue more palatable.

If, by chance, you are getting a crash report when it crashes, that is another matter intirely and I ask that you please post the report in a spoiler so that I can create a hotfix for the issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: GamerDaddy

MrMik

Nov 4, 2018
I can't say exactly where the limit is, but without some form of loading screen (which I'm working on), it appears to be around 40k images and 500 videos. Because your computer's hardware influences these numbers somewhat, I haven't posted a limit. I regularly test the game with 16,500 images, 350 videos, and roughly 150 CH clips/breaks, and I can't even get it to blink.

I believe GamerDaddy has the right of it. The game reads the entire file name as is, including the file extension. If you have an image.gif file that has been renamed image.webm, the game will go through the motions until it ultimately crashes when it encounters an invalid codec. There is no built-in solution at this time. Meanwhile, I will continue to look for ways to make this issue more palatable.

If, by chance, you are getting a crash report when it crashes, that is another matter intirely and I ask that you please post the report in a spoiler so that I can create a hotfix for the issue.
I don´t get a report, unfortunately, the game just closes. But I guess it´s the videos then, I have around 1.2k, the CH vids not included. Thank you very much!

Edit: it was indeed the number of videos, after taking them out the game runs perfectly fine

Last edited:
Reactions: Tribe

wikipikidude

Feb 26, 2019
when I click image duration settings in the regular options and I set them, the "Back" button stops working and I'm stuck with standard image duration settings.

• Thinking Face

Tribe

Game Developer
May 5, 2021
when I click image duration settings in the regular options and I set them, the "Back" button stops working and I'm stuck with standard image duration settings.
I'm not sure how I keep breaking this.
Here is the hotfix for that. Overwrite in game/scripts folder.
Thank you for your post, wikipikidude.

Tribe

Game Developer
May 5, 2021
... I'm pretty sure the pause button doesn't work.
HGBX
I wanted to correct myself (a long time ago) about the broken pause button you mentioned, but my head is on backwards. I just finished the pause button fix/modification and realized I forgot to follow up with you. The following patch will include enhanced UI functionality. Thanks again. My apologies for my lack of communication.

Reactions: HGBX

GrooveDaddy

Nov 13, 2018
This may be a stupid question but how do i convert mp4 files to webm without paying for a file converter?
if i'm going to download videos they certainly tend to be mp4. or is there somewhere to download the pmv etc straight to webm?
or am i missing something obvious?
Ny go-to is Handbrake. It's free, it's easy, and it's quick! I use it all the time ^^.

Tribe

Game Developer
May 5, 2021
Have you ever had an issue with videos coming out the other side with no sound? Seems to happen like 60% of the time
I had this exact same issue. It actually reached about 100% of the time for me.
I downloaded the latest version from , and it was fixed in less than 3 minutes. (Portable version is the way to go)
If that fails, go to the Audio tab and change the codec to Opus (or another renpy-compatible codec).
I set the bitrate to 128 because it's a smaller number and everything sounds the same to me (don't tell any audio purists I said that; I'll just deny it and delete this message).

The issue you're referring to is discussed .
are the codecs compatible with Ren'Py.

Reactions: Zed

Zed

Feb 15, 2017
I had this exact same issue. It actually reached about 100% of the time for me.
I downloaded the latest version from , and it was fixed in less than 3 minutes. (Portable version is the way to go)
If that fails, go to the Audio tab and change the codec to Opus (or another renpy-compatible codec).
I set the bitrate to 128 because it's a smaller number and everything sounds the same to me (don't tell any audio purists I said that; I'll just deny it and delete this message).

The issue you're referring to is discussed .
are the codecs compatible with Ren'Py.
legend

Tribe

Game Developer
May 5, 2021
I hope everyone enjoys the update. Please report any bugs so that we can address them as soon as possible.

The first order of business is to state that I have yet to find a permanent solution to games crashing due to having too many files. I'm starting to sound like a broken record about it, so I'll stop now (unless someone wishes to discuss it), but know that I will continue to work on it and that everyone should be fine using up to 30k files depending on the system you're using.

HGBX
The cum screen for the November patch has already been completed, and functionality appears to be good. We're still working on bugs, but it already looks better than I expected. It no longer kicks the player out and even asks if the player wants to continue. Please look forward to it.

The November patch is already huge. Furthermore, a Patreon member has contributed, and I can't wait to show you what we have. I'm currently working on stat functionality and death mechanics, but I'd like to know if anyone has any ideas for how the battle/interactions should play out. It doesn't have to be anything like what's already in place, but it must be simple enough that it doesn't interfere with anyone's fap. I already feel confident with what I'm going to do with it, but I want to keep my eyes peeled for bits of inspiration. Thanks in advance.

Most importantly, please take your time and enjoy the game. I thank everyone for their feedback, comments, and support.
:D:coffee:

Nov 17, 2020
Dude I just couldn't get it to work. Followed the steps, followed the instructions. Game says it can't find any compatible files. I had compatible files. Huge waste of time. Did you test this recent update?

Tribe

Game Developer
May 5, 2021
Dude I just couldn't get it to work. Followed the steps, followed the instructions. Game says it can't find any compatible files. I had compatible files. Huge waste of time. Did you test this recent update?
I downloaded the game just now, tried it again, and it works.
If you go to Add/Remove folders, it should tell you how many compatible files you have in the game.
If you're using the image pack in the OP, just drop the contents in the game folder.
Let me know if that works. I'll be happy to assist you further.

4.40 star(s) 7 Votes