Ren'Py IA2: Cock Hero Adventure [v.2.4.9] [Tribe]

4.40 star(s) 7 Votes

Tribe

Game Developer
May 5, 2021
Ah then I just misunderstood the idea behind the setting, sorry for wasting your time! I would appreciate the same setting for round videos if possible, as that lets people use long compilation videos and make shorter CH rounds out of them. Thank you for looking into this!
My pleasure, thecatalyst! You've given me much to think about moving forward. I'm going to start by working on getting those tooltips in there to help other players benefit from your valuable feedback. I've written down your suggestions and I'll workshop them over a cup of coffee in the morning. :coffee: :love:

DigitalMan

Jul 26, 2018
At best, you'd be better off modifying the existing text you were deferring to. If you want to experiment with the code, the .rpy file is what you're looking for.
Thanks for the reply, that's a good way to take things, I imagine. I think it would indeed be a bit much to make up all the text and backend stuff for a whole new personality anyway, and I'd probably feel a little silly going through with it. I do have another question regarding the tags though, and it's related to something I wanted to do with the enemy characters. Will it be possible to make it so that certain enemies use only certain types of videos for the Cock Hero portions? Like, say I've got an enemy that has huge tits, so I want to make it so that she only uses videos centered around tits. That's the sort of thing I was thinking to do, having certain enemies focus around certain subjects, that was the impetus of me searching through the files to alter the personality code. I'm sure you're working on the tag system, and I feel like having a functionality like that would really make the tag system worthwhile.

Reactions: Tribe

Tribe

Game Developer
May 5, 2021
Will it be possible to make it so that certain enemies use only certain types of videos for the Cock Hero portions?
The answer I want to go with here is "Not yet." I want to roll out the rest of the game's functionality before I dig deeper and create another layered tagging system. But I have the next best thing lined up... One of my patrons suggested allowing specific videos to play from a select library if they are contained within an enemy folder. For instance, if an actress has a PMV devoted specifically to her and it is inside of her folder, it will play when the player encounters her provided it isn't on cooldown.

To be clear, I'm not saying that having more options and flexibility isn't a brilliant suggestion, but this will make more sense once I release what I have in mind for the next level of enemies, which are supposed to be far more complex than the ones currently in place.

Reactions: bob035

bob035

Mar 31, 2021
The answer I want to go with here is "Not yet." I want to roll out the rest of the game's functionality before I dig deeper and create another layered tagging system. But I have the next best thing lined up... One of my patrons suggested allowing specific videos to play from a select library if they are contained within an enemy folder. For instance, if an actress has a PMV devoted specifically to her and it is inside of her folder, it will play when the player encounters her provided it isn't on cooldown.

To be clear, I'm not saying that having more options and flexibility isn't a brilliant suggestion, but this will make more sense once I release what I have in mind for the next level of enemies, which are supposed to be far more complex than the ones currently in place.
I think given what you are attempting to do with finishing the games functionality, this is a fantastic stop-gap solution for the time being.

namamutu

Apr 7, 2018
This game is really promising! I've been enjoying it a lot. One question though, how exactly do heat levels work? Is there a way to change a video's heat level outside of it showing up in adventure mode? Also it seems like videos of all heat levels show up randomly, is the system fully implemented?

• Love

Tribe

Game Developer
May 5, 2021
This game is really promising! I've been enjoying it a lot. One question though, how exactly do heat levels work? Is there a way to change a video's heat level outside of it showing up in adventure mode? Also it seems like videos of all heat levels show up randomly, is the system fully implemented?
Thank you, namamutu, I'm glad you're enjoying it so far.
Heat levels rise when you venture outward with a high probability. They also rise when you venture around the area with a small probability. If your heat level exceeds the distance from home, you can reduce it by traveling backwards or negotiating with high-favor succubi.

Currently, the only way to change the heat levels for a specific video is to watch it in adventure mode. Videos that have never been rated before have never been seen on your current save have their information displayed on the right side automatically when it appears, whereas videos that have been seen before have their information hidden automatically at the start. This is why it seems to appear at random, and it is also how you can tell if you've seen it before. Heat levels are saved across all game saves, so if you have ever adjusted it in the past, the job is already done for you.

Because the game prioritizes videos that have never been seen before, the game itself functions as a filter for unrated videos. Although the system is considered fully implemented, changes and adjustments are likely as events and character interactions progress.

I hope that clears it up for you, namamutu. Let me know if you have any ideas or suggestions. I want this to be a fun adventure for everyone. :p :coffee:

Last edited:

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
IA2CockHeroAdventureImagineEroticApplication-2.3.2
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Kealan

Feb 9, 2018
Hey Tribe, love the game and having a lot of fun with it (I was unfamiliar with the CH concept) and I was experimenting with making some new succubi (succubuses?), but I ran into the problem that png format portraits are not supported it seems. I am removing backgrounds, so my succubi fit better in where I encounter them in adventure mode. It seems weird to me that I cannot use png portraits with transparency, because Renpy should easily support this, so maybe I am messing something up.
So if you know how to easily implement this, it would be awesome in the next version. In the mean time I will continue experimenting.

Tribe

Game Developer
May 5, 2021
Hey Tribe, love the game and having a lot of fun with it (I was unfamiliar with the CH concept) and I was experimenting with making some new succubi (succubuses?), but I ran into the problem that png format portraits are not supported it seems. I am removing backgrounds, so my succubi fit better in where I encounter them in adventure mode. It seems weird to me that I cannot use png portraits with transparency, because Renpy should easily support this, so maybe I am messing something up.
So if you know how to easily implement this, it would be awesome in the next version. In the mean time I will continue experimenting.
Hello, Kealan!
I'm glad you discovered something new, and it warms me up to hear that you're having fun. Most people use succubi, but succubus is also acceptable (it just confuses people sometimes). :D

.png files are 100% compatible with the game and transparency should have no effect whatsoever.
There's just one thing that I'm not clear about: When you say "portraits", do you mean images inside of the folder with their name? I have to work now but I'll try to duplicate your results when I return.

nepalibanana

Dec 21, 2018
Hello, Kealan!
I'm glad you discovered something new, and it warms me up to hear that you're having fun. Most people use succubi, but succubus is also acceptable (it just confuses people sometimes). :D

.png files are 100% compatible with the game and transparency should have no effect whatsoever.
There's just one thing that I'm not clear about: When you say "portraits", do you mean images inside of the folder with their name? I have to work now but I'll try to duplicate your results when I return.
I was able to add images to the Your Images/Images/Boobs and Butts, but I did run into a scaling issue where ren'py wouldn't resize certain hi-res images to fit the display area. Maybe the problems are related? Idk.

Anyway, love the new update. Can't wait to see what happens in the future.

Are there any plans to add functionality for playback of Cock Hero videos with a random duration in Adventure Mode? Like what already exists for the "Your Images/Videos" directory.

Kealan

Feb 9, 2018
Hello, Kealan!

Nevermind, I was being stupid. Firstly, yes I meant the images of the succubi in the named folders; \game\Enemies\[type]\[location]\[personality]\[succubus' name]
the ones with the tags. Secondly, I got it working as expected with png images with transparent backgrounds. I got an error before where the game couldn't find the image, because you probably make a list of available enemies and their image filenames, including the file extension. Then save said list within a savegame. So loading a save where I changed the images for a girl from jpg to png in the mean time threw an error.
Starting a new game works fine with png portraits.

• Yay, new update!

Tribe

Game Developer
May 5, 2021
Where are the settings for the speeds, are they gone?
Those settings are now under 'Settings' in the menu. If you right-click, you'll find it at the very top of that menu.
They were moved away from preferences since the last update to separate options that were consistent with saves from those that effect all saves (such as volume control).

Tribe

Game Developer
May 5, 2021
How does one install the pmv? Cant find instructions for that
PMVs are treated the same as cock hero rounds. They should be placed in the rounds folder inside of the Cock Hero folder.

I was able to add images to the Your Images/Images/Boobs and Butts, but I did run into a scaling issue where ren'py wouldn't resize certain hi-res images to fit the display area. Maybe the problems are related? Idk.

Anyway, love the new update. Can't wait to see what happens in the future.

Are there any plans to add functionality for playback of Cock Hero videos with a random duration in Adventure Mode? Like what already exists for the "Your Images/Videos" directory.
Hiya, nepalibanana! I'm glad you're enjoying the latest update!
I'm sorry about the scaling issue. I'm trying to duplicate those results with no luck. The base image pack in the OP contains larger images itself to illustrate how the issue you're having shouldn't exist. If you could DM me an example of the image that doesn't work, that would be a huge time-saver for me.

There are no plans to add this feature to Cock Hero video playback. I'd rather add the option to not play CH rounds and replace it with one that displays videos that include that functionality. You're not the first person to ask this and I also know that frigid developers create lousy games. What I think I'm missing is community feedback on why and how adjusting CH round playback times fits into the current scheme.

I got an error before where the game couldn't find the image, because you probably make a list of available enemies and their image filenames, including the file extension.
I'm glad it worked out in the end, Kealan!
Any changes you make should be retained as long as you save/load in the main menu or tavern. The majority of the major calculations are made before you embark on your adventure. I don't want you to restart the game every time you make a change o_O I hope you have a blast!

Reactions: nepalibanana

nepalibanana

Dec 21, 2018
PMVs are treated the same as cock hero rounds. They should be placed in the rounds folder inside of the Cock Hero folder.

Hiya, nepalibanana! I'm glad you're enjoying the latest update!
I'm sorry about the scaling issue. I'm trying to duplicate those results with no luck. The base image pack in the OP contains larger images itself to illustrate how the issue you're having shouldn't exist. If you could DM me an example of the image that doesn't work, that would be a huge time-saver for me.

There are no plans to add this feature to Cock Hero video playback. I'd rather add the option to not play CH rounds and replace it with one that displays videos that include that functionality. You're not the first person to ask this and I also know that frigid developers create lousy games. What I think I'm missing is community feedback on why and how adjusting CH round playback times fits into the current scheme.
Hey,

I think the image thing was a mistake on my end. Maybe adding new images to a pre-existing save or a filename error like "FullRes" or something. Short version, I got it worked out.

As for the playback feature - I'm just interested in the ability to play smaller segments of longer videos, which it sounds like you already have plans. Currently, the Adventure mode is set up to require videos in the Cock Hero folder, so shifting away from that sounds good. Sorry for the confusion!

• Yay, new update!

kbfemcrypt

Aug 6, 2020
Any way to have enemy specific videos? I know you can do it with images (enemy_ass_.jpg etc.). Loving the game by the way.

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 7 Votes