Ren'Py IA2: Cock Hero Adventure [v.2.4.9] [Tribe]

4.40 star(s) 7 Votes

kryanBR

Jan 18, 2019
Are you using this on Android?
This shouldn't be compatible with Android...
If so, were you able to play this with the previous patch?
I played from version 2.02 and nothing happened until the current version. I downloaded it again and the same error occurs when a message about "stroke" and after the succubus spell.

Tribe

Game Developer
May 5, 2021
I played from version 2.02 and nothing happened until the current version. I downloaded it again and the same error occurs when a message about "stroke" appears after the succubus spell.
The module I added in the latest patch to generate random timestamps is 100% incompatible with Android.

I'll go back through the code to see if I can make a version that doesn't rely on it. In other words, a version without random timestamps. I never intended to ensure that this game works on Android, but I'll do my best. My weekend will be over in less than an hour, so it may take some time to respond with results.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: kryanBR

kryanBR

Jan 18, 2019
The module I added in the latest patch to generate random timestamps is 100% incompatible with Android.

I'll go back through the code to see if I can make a version that doesn't rely on it. In other words, a version without random timestamps. I never intended to ensure that this game works on Android, but I'll do my best. My weekend will be over in less than an hour, so it may take some time to respond with results.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Wow Excellent ! Just don't forget to mention it in the changelog :KEK: If not I will wait forever

Tribe

Game Developer
May 5, 2021
Wow Excellent ! Just don't forget to mention it in the changelog :KEK: If not I will wait forever
I don't plan on waiting for the next patch, I'll respond to you directly as soon as I can get my mind around which functions are involved. It may take me anywhere between 24 and 72 hours from now. Just keep in mind that I'm not 100% sure I can find a solution. I hope to bring you good news.

Reactions: GamerDaddy

Tribe

Game Developer
May 5, 2021
kryanBR
I am unable to roll back the new functions due to the complex nature of how video files will be used in future events. In the context that I am not willing to do so, I would have to recreate all of the timers and screen button actions and maintain both throughout the development process. In truth, I was ignorant to the fact that Android users were even invested in IA, and I will not make any excuses to hide that fact. As penance, I wished to offer a solution but the task will be too overwhelming. The module I added to the game was always planned and will be critical in identifying files that are incompatible with running the game. I appologize for this oversight and for the inconvenience.

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
IA2CockHeroAdventureImagineEroticApplication-2.2.1
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

DigitalMan

Jul 26, 2018
Would it be very difficult to implement a way for us to add new personality types and dialogue for enemies in adventure mode? It would be cool if there were some simple way for us end users to add stuff like that in, more customization that way, would that be possible? I mean, I can poke around in adventure.rpy with a text editor, but I don't know code well enough at all to actually add or really even change much. Plus, adventure.rpyc is the bigger and presumably more important file, and it's in hash, so there's nothing I can do with that, so even if I bothered to learn the ren'py code to mess with the files themselves, there's that roadblock. If there were some way to enable us casual players to add in whole new personalities with their own dialogue for the enemies, that would be awesome, so I hope that that's something that might come later on, if it's not already something you've considered.

Reactions: Tribe

Tribe

Game Developer
May 5, 2021
Would it be very difficult to implement a way for us to add new personality types and dialogue for enemies in adventure mode? It would be cool if there were some simple way for us end users to add stuff like that in, more customization that way, would that be possible? I mean, I can poke around in adventure.rpy with a text editor, but I don't know code well enough at all to actually add or really even change much. Plus, adventure.rpyc is the bigger and presumably more important file, and it's in hash, so there's nothing I can do with that, so even if I bothered to learn the ren'py code to mess with the files themselves, there's that roadblock. If there were some way to enable us casual players to add in whole new personalities with their own dialogue for the enemies, that would be awesome, so I hope that that's something that might come later on, if it's not already something you've considered.
I've considered it a great number of times, DigitalMan. Thank you for this question. The answer is both yes and no...

There will be no ability to add a new personality, but there are plans to make the text for existing personalities easily modifiable by anyone with a basic understanding of Ren'Py or Python. If you're concerned about getting a bit more fluctuation, there will be six personalities in total, and their dialogue will be expanded on a regular basis. To offer some context, creating a custom personality would require a massive amount of writing and maintaining it after each patch in response to every event and special interaction implemented would be no easy task.

At best, you'd be better off modifying the existing text you were deferring to. If you want to experiment with the code, the .rpy file is what you're looking for. However, I would not waste precious time doing so unless you're seeking immediate gratification. We're still working out the event structure, and the three remaining personalities will be released in the next patch. In short, things will be rearranged, and copying your hard work over to the next version will most likely be impossible.

There are plans to add something similar, however... Which is where I elude to the 'yes' portion of the answer. I intend to implement custom characters/scenes at some point. These characters are what I consider to be stronger versions of those encountered in the wild at this time. They may even request that you perform unheroic acts on them. It will use a flagging system much like the ones used by the current random enemies, but will be expanded upon. When we get closer to that point, I'll be able to explain it in more detail.

Last edited:

thecatalyst

Aug 1, 2017
Not sure if im misunderstanding the setting, but starting clips from random timestamp doesnt appear to save properly or is maybe bugged. Tried setting 120 seconds with it toggled on and all movies still play full length from the start in adventure mode.

Tribe

Game Developer
May 5, 2021
Not sure if im misunderstanding the setting, but starting clips from random timestamp doesnt appear to save properly or is maybe bugged. Tried setting 120 seconds with it toggled on and all movies still play full length from the start in adventure mode.
I will try to duplicate your results, thecatalyst.
There is a separate toggle for random timestamps for both Adventure Mode and IA. Can you confirm that you set the toggle for Adventure Mode and not IA before getting these results?

thecatalyst

Aug 1, 2017
I will try to duplicate your results, thecatalyst.
There is a separate toggle for random timestamps for both Adventure Mode and IA. Can you confirm that you set the toggle for Adventure Mode and not IA before getting these results?
Yes, it was the adventure mode settings near the top of the preferences menu.

Tribe

Game Developer
May 5, 2021
Yes, it was the adventure mode settings near the top of the preferences menu.
I've spent the last couple of hours attempting to replicate your results. I was able to identify some issues, but the clips do not begin at the beginning. I'd like to ask if you could share one of the files where this is happening (you can send it to me privately if you prefer), and if not, could you at least tell me the file size and extension (.webm/.avi)? Narrowing my test pool would make this easier. :whistle:

I have to step away for a while but I will continue to look into this once I get back. Thanks, thecatalyst-

Reactions: thecatalyst

thecatalyst

Aug 1, 2017
Thank you for being quick to check it out. The file type and size doesnt appear to matter. Use the rounds linked in the main post as an example. It may be an issue with the saving of the parameter from the menu. I notice that if I for example go in and change an audio slider, that will save but if i enable the start from random setting it will be set to disabled if I close and re-open the app.

Tribe

Game Developer
May 5, 2021
Thank you for being quick to check it out. The file type and size doesnt appear to matter. Use the rounds linked in the main post as an example. It may be an issue with the saving of the parameter from the menu. I notice that if I for example go in and change an audio slider, that will save but if i enable the start from random setting it will be set to disabled if I close and re-open the app.
Thank you for elaborating! I see the issue clearly. I will begin working on it now.

Tribe

Game Developer
May 5, 2021
... if i enable the start from random setting it will be set to disabled if I close and re-open the app.
Alrighty. I tricked myself by exiting to the Main Menu and seeing it reset; I had forgotten about that interaction.

As you are aware, the volume settings (as well as the default renpy preferences) are saved globally and will remain unchanged when you restart the game. The other options were made to reset on purpose because they were designed with custom set-ups for different saves in mind. Specific folders, BPM channels, random timestamps, and so on can be configured differently with different saves. In other words, this is intentional, but a tooltip explaining this in greater detail is needed.

Finally, perhaps some of the options can be made to affect all saves, but I believe having some permanent and others not may confuse people more (such as the sound option vs. gameplay options). At the very least, a tooltip has risen to the top of the priority list.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, thecatalyst. I'd appreciate some additional input on what actions should be taken if you have any.

Reactions: thecatalyst

thecatalyst

Aug 1, 2017
Decided to unren the app to see what was happening with the variables. Toggling Start Clips From Random Timestamp on in the menu does set the battle_random_timestamp = True. But Neither Videos I have the enemies folder or videos in the rounds folder get thier start time changed. I tested this using webms from the thread and setting the time to 60 which is well below any videos duration. I'm not sure whats happening here its like the variable is not actually triggering anything despite being set.

You mentioned the adventure settings being set to saves. If I load a save I make after setting Start Clips From Random on, the battle_random_timestamp will still be set to False. Thats kind of a seprate issue though.

Tribe

Game Developer
May 5, 2021
But Neither Videos I have the enemies folder or videos in the rounds folder get thier start time changed.
This is intended. The option only effects videos from Your Images folder which are the clips that play during fap requests.
Rounds, like cock hero rounds or JOI clips, are intended to be played from start to finish; longer clips can be filtered by increasing the difficulty setting. The idea of assigning random timestamps to enemies had never occurred to me before, as longer clips would result in extremely large file sizes...
The random timestamp function was included with the addition of large clips to Imager App mode so that players could quickly jump between large scenes rather than starting from the beginning. The functionality was simply copied over to Adventure Mode to allow for the use of the same clips during interactions.

thecatalyst

Aug 1, 2017
This is intended. The option only effects videos from Your Images folder which are the clips that play during fap requests.
Rounds, like cock hero rounds or JOI clips, are intended to be played from start to finish; longer clips can be filtered by increasing the difficulty setting. The idea of assigning random timestamps to enemies had never occurred to me before, as longer clips would result in extremely large file sizes...
The random timestamp function was included with the addition of large clips to Imager App mode so that players could quickly jump between large scenes rather than starting from the beginning. The functionality was simply copied over to Adventure Mode to allow for the use of the same clips during interactions.
Ah then I just misunderstood the idea behind the setting, sorry for wasting your time! I would appreciate the same setting for round videos if possible, as that lets people use long compilation videos and make shorter CH rounds out of them. Thank you for looking into this!

• Love
4.40 star(s) 7 Votes