Ren'Py IA2: Cock Hero Adventure [v.2.4.9] [Tribe]

4.40 star(s) 7 Votes
Nov 8, 2019
Would be amazing if someone could mirror the CH/PMV files somewhere else than Gdrive, they've exceeded the quota and won't let me download. Tried yesterday and today but it's a no go.

• Wow
Reactions: Tribe

Tribe

Game Developer
May 5, 2021
Would be amazing if someone could mirror the CH/PMV files somewhere else than Gdrive, they've exceeded the quota and won't let me download. Tried yesterday and today but it's a no go.
I've put up some mirrors for you, Upjumpedthedevil.
They will expire if not used, so please take advantage of them...
I'll provide a more permanent solution as more supporters rally around this project.

Meanwhile, I apologize for the difficulty, and I hope you enjoy the game. :):coffee:

Nov 8, 2019
I've put up some mirrors for you, Upjumpedthedevil.
They will expire if not used, so please take advantage of them...
I'll provide a more permanent solution as more supporters rally around this project.

Meanwhile, I apologize for the difficulty, and I hope you enjoy the game. :):coffee:
Thanks a ton, dl'd already!

• Yay, new update!

Tribe

Game Developer
May 5, 2021
having the same issue
I have tried to duplicate this issue by using the public version and image pack with no luck. If you're not getting an error screen at all, all I can think of is to suggest that you double-check that your drivers are up to date. This was someone's issue in my previous version and it fixed it right up. I hope we find a solution.

Reactions: GamerDaddy

GamerDaddy

Feb 6, 2023
I have tried to duplicate this issue by using the public version and image pack with no luck. If you're not getting an error screen at all, all I can think of is to suggest that you double-check that your drivers are up to date. This was someone's issue in my previous version and it fixed it right up. I hope we find a solution.
i run into this freezing issue every now and then it ( it happens when a video is d/l and converted didnt convert correctly removing this video should fix it)

Zed

Feb 15, 2017
This may be a stupid question but how do i convert mp4 files to webm without paying for a file converter?
if i'm going to download videos they certainly tend to be mp4. or is there somewhere to download the pmv etc straight to webm?
or am i missing something obvious?

Tribe

Game Developer
May 5, 2021
This may be a stupid question but how do i convert mp4 files to webm without paying for a file converter?
if i'm going to download videos they certainly tend to be mp4. or is there somewhere to download the pmv etc straight to webm?
or am i missing something obvious?
I personally use a video editor.
You can google "mp4 to webm" and the the links that say "free" are usually pretty reliable if you're converting a few files at a time.
For multiple files I use HandBrake because I can also reduce the file size at the same time.
If you want to shop around for something that fits your style, google search "free portable video converter". Should do the trick.

Zed

Feb 15, 2017
I personally use a video editor.
You can google "mp4 to webm" and the the links that say "free" are usually pretty reliable if you're converting a few files at a time.
For multiple files I use HandBrake because I can also reduce the file size at the same time.
If you want to shop around for something that fits your style, google search "free portable video converter". Should do the trick.
Thanks. The only issue i had was the free converters wouldn't even allow a single short video at a time without paying for premium. Appreciate the advice!

• Yay, new update!

HGBX

Jan 19, 2018
Looks like Renpy will crash anytime it tries to load an image with an @ in the filename, although I'm not sure there's anything you can do about that. Also I'm pretty sure the pause button doesn't work.

I'd like to suggest that hitting the cum button not put you back to the menu so you can keep looking at the picture you just finished to, preferably also pausing the timer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Guz89 and Tribe

Tribe

Game Developer
May 5, 2021
Looks like Renpy will crash anytime it tries to load an image with an @ in the filename, although I'm not sure there's anything you can do about that. Also I'm pretty sure the pause button doesn't work.

I'd like to suggest that hitting the cum button not put you back to the menu so you can keep looking at the picture you just finished to, preferably also pausing the timer.
I tested the game with @ symbols in the filename and it did indeed crash.
I'm not aware of any way to load files that contain them, but I can add an exclusion that will ignore the file.
I'll make sure to include it in the next patch and notify players about it.

In terms of the pause button, you're correct if you're talking about Cock Hero mode.
Cock Hero mode has previously (literally) used ImagerApp mode as a platform to play cock hero videos and breaks. The "favorite" button is also shared. This has already been changed in preparation for the upcoming patch. There are no plans to add pause functionality, but the button has been removed because it serves no purpose.

The cum button will be redesigned very soon. It's ugly frame and background is a constant reminder of my lack of dedication... Your suggestions will be carefully considered as I rebuild the function. I estimate this will be implemented patch after next.

Thank you, HGBX. I hope you continue to follow this project and it's progress.

Edit:
If anyone wants to hotfix their game to ignore @ symbols in their files rather than fishing them out, overwrite the file in game/scripts/ with the attached file.

Last edited:

Tribe

Game Developer
May 5, 2021
having the same issue
I've finally been able to replicate the freezing just as the enemy casts the spell.

I'm not sure if this is directly related to your problem, but if you try to launch Cock Hero mode (not adventure mode) and it says you don't have enough compatible files, it means you installed the image pack incorrectly. Make sure to drag the image pack's contents into the game folder.

Alternatively, if you can launch Cock Hero mode but still encounter this problem, we're back to square one...

Similarly to cock hero mode, I intend to add a warning to adventure mode upon launch.
I hope this resolves your problem, antonio. If not, please let me know and I'll keep my eye out for another solution.

Tribe

Game Developer
May 5, 2021
I believe they were meaning hardware support, such as using buttplug.io which does have a
Ahh. Thank you!
I'd love to add stuff like that to the game. I'd have to figure it out at some point.
I wouldn't mind working around a modder that already knows how.
Thanks for clarifying, BiggsHoson.

facruas

Jan 13, 2018
Is there a possibility to use mp4 videos in the future? Or someone could show me a good conversion program?

Tribe

Game Developer
May 5, 2021
Is there a possibility to use mp4 videos in the future? Or someone could show me a good conversion program?
Common mp4 videos aren't compatible with Ren'Py without third-party software. (It depends on the codecs) There are no plans to add said software at this time.
Check out this post for information about converting.

Last edited:
Reactions: facruas

PrestoMajesto

Apr 7, 2018
Do you have an idea on when you'll be able to implement the "random timestamp" idea for videos? All my vids are long so that would make this finally usable for me.

Tribe

Game Developer
May 5, 2021
Do you have an idea on when you'll be able to implement the "random timestamp" idea for videos? All my vids are long so that would make this finally usable for me.
I've found a few solutions, but I haven't found a reasonable compromise yet. I'll spare you the details, but I've spent several days trying to figure out the best solution for this particular idea.

The solution will most likely involve a two-second delay before all videos begin playing. You should anticipate a response or solution with the next patch.

Reactions: PrestoMajesto
4.40 star(s) 7 Votes