VN Ren'Py Abandoned Identity- The Past of Lost Hope 1 [v0.01] [CNSAM]

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote

mahtook30

Oct 13, 2018
More like "I-den (in)-titty";);). It crashed though after the mc and rebi (supposedly gf) left the hideout of the ria... After trying several times (and ended up crashing) I gave up. Got a good vibe in those moments though.
Don't know if this has since been fixed, but it likely crashes because the coding uses the "show" command to bring up new renders as the story progresses. Instead of moving on to the new render and getting rid of the previous one, it keeps stacking renders on top of renders and your CPU grinds to a halt trying to process a new render in addition to the 100+ renders still below it.

I had to go into the script.rpy file and change all the instances of "show" in the code to "scene" to make it work normally. I then went back in and changed two dialogue lines that had show in it ("Go inside and show them the fake ID in your pocket" and "Can you show your ID sir?") back to show. It admittedly affects a couple of scenes (like 3-4) where the characters interact with a black background (I'm trying to fix that) but the game worked smoothly.

Reactions: Belzeebub$

CN_69

I'M LOST GUY
Game Developer
May 15, 2020
Don't know if this has since been fixed, but it likely crashes because the coding uses the "show" command to bring up new renders as the story progresses. Instead of moving on to the new render and getting rid of the previous one, it keeps stacking renders on top of renders and your CPU grinds to a halt trying to process a new render in addition to the 100+ renders still below it.

I had to go into the script.rpy file and change all the instances of "show" in the code to "scene" to make it work normally. I then went back in and changed two dialogue lines that had show in it ("Go inside and show them the fake ID in your pocket" and "Can you show your ID sir?") back to show. It admittedly affects a couple of scenes (like 3-4) where the characters interact with a black background (I'm trying to fix that) but the game worked smoothly.
I'm aware of the show thing but sometimes like transitions. scenes doesn't work properly with transitions . As you played the game there are so many transitions like facial expressions and scene changes etc., I think you know why I use the show. and thanks for corrections. if you can can you please send the file to me after you done corrections

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote